Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Folks,

KEEP THIS IN MIND

While loading bags may seem to be very commendable, going the extra mile, taking care of your customers, there is a HUGE drawback.

Injury.

Say, a back injury from lifting a heavy bag. This type of injury occured while you were doing something that was not considered as a duty for your assigned position (FO or CA). Something that was not your job, and you get injured while doing it. You are covered if something happens while doing part of your duty on the job, not while doing something extra that wasn't your job.

Good luck getting out of that can of worms!

This used to be a respectable career. Throwing bags is degrading to our profession just like cleaning the cabin is. I put pushing wheelchairs on the same level. If we want to get paid like professionals, we need to start acting like professionals. We wear suits to work. Our uniform is not appropriate to be throwing bags on the ramp. On top of that, there is the liability issue that was just brought up. These pilots work for Mesa though so I take it they do not care about degrading our profession (or sh!tty job that it's turned into).

Believe it or not.. The F8 Pilots really can careless about what happiness with this whole Delta mess. Its not our problem, its the Companies. We are still short 400+ pilots with the flying on the MESA side. So if we lose Delta flying, well just migrate on over to the MESA CRJ. As as far as the ERJ leases go, the 14Million has been paid(We are out of the woods in that aspect). We still have the 100 million dollars worth of bonds come due next year.

A little tipsy are we? hmmmm?

Medeco

They weren't doing it for the pax. They were doing it so they aren't delayed and dropped from subsequent flying, thus costing the crew money... MAG has no pay protection.

They weren't doing it for the pax. They were doing it so they aren't delayed and dropped from subsequent flying, thus costing the crew money... MAG has no pay protection.

I'd bet they were doing it to ensure they made their personal commutes.

I non-reved on Freedom Flt 6211 (JFK-CVG) a few days ago and during boarding BOTH the CPT & FO left the flight deck and started loading bags...

So fuc/ing what. Good Lord.

ALL ABOARD! GREYHOUND BUS DRIVERS DON'T EVEN LOAD BAGS ON THE BUS!

I am sure this is what their CEO would like for all of them to do so he can funnel more money in his pockets. Wonder if they wash his car and shine his shoes too!

Latest resources

Back