Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom/Mesa/Chicken Taco WHORES....In ATL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly2Scuba said:
Uh-huh, creating a confrontation in public is a great way to further the profession (aka professional). I don't think so. I've witnessed pilots exchanging words in a public site (curbside at the airport) and it's one of the dumbest, amusing, and unprofessional things I've ever witnessed. Plus, I wouldn't risk a career on creating a public disturbance because some unstable individual couldn't handle the truth.
I have respect for those at there that will put their energy towards creating a positive image of pilots and to creating a better career environment through contract gains. What I don't respect is people that pretend like Mesa isn't a plague on the industry or that it's just a "regional". Regional flying means going from New York to Albany, not New York to Kansas City.

With all that said, yea minus this post, my previous are written at pre-professional level. However,
a) this is the internet and accept it for being a communication medium to voice displeasure without much regard to language or ambience. This is one of the few posts that ignores this aspect
b) part of all this effort is in some way create an environment where guys have second thoughts for reason about going to a "regional" that treats people like crap. A lower supply of pilots willing to work at an airline can help create a situation in which that airline will need to reconsider it's work environment if it wants to attract professionals. Better contract!
c) I really hate the fact that friends of mine were forced to switch airlines/bases because they were underbid by Mesa and I hate the fact that we almost lost flying because of of Chataqua.

You don't get it do you!
Regionals do not decide what routes they fly(lets see-EWR-OKC, sound familiar) they are meant to be a stepping stone, not a retirement job
you obviously work for a regional(aka, Express Jet) and you should know that these things you are saying are repetitive and very boring, business is business that is just the way things work, whether it is this industry or another, suck it up or get out to free up a spot for someone who really wants to be here and not complain about it.

CFIse said:
You're in the wrong place, you want the door further down. We're not interested in logic or facts or reason here - we just want to be childish and throw names around. If you're going to go around spouting facts you're just going to spoil it for the rest of us.

My bad. Let's continue with the bashing. Why don't we just bash everyone that flys the United Express banner...mesa, bojets, chq, tsa, skywest and don't forget little colgan.

Screw it! Let's just bash everyone with silver stripes but dang, guess we have to include ASA in that one. Ok, how about gold stripers. Wait, we can't do that cuz Xjet and CMR have those. Oh well, guess we'll go with the blue stripers, only one of those.

Fltlvls said:
You don't get it do you!
Regionals do not decide what routes they fly(lets see-EWR-OKC, sound familiar) they are meant to be a stepping stone, not a retirement job
you obviously work for a regional(aka, Express Jet) and you should know that these things you are saying are repetitive and very boring, business is business that is just the way things work, whether it is this industry or another, suck it up or get out to free up a spot for someone who really wants to be here and not complain about it.

No, you sir are the one that doesn't get it. "Regionals" are flying longer and longer routes with larger and larger aircraft. The attitude that it's just a stepping stone to fly for a "regional" is misguided when one is flying major airline type flying already. I'm also looking to move on; yet I realize that major airline flying, quality of life, and opportunities are on shaky ground partly due to the so called "regionals". At least put the effort into creating descent pay and work rules so the gap between major contract and "regional" contract isn't so wide. Or else the degradation of the industry will continue as the
a) majors outsource jobs to a low "regional" bidder. Last time I checked the vast majority of furloughed pilots were from major airlines while the "regionals" continued their expansion.
b) majors contine to ask the pilot groups for concessions to match the much lower bar set by short sighted pilots because many of the routes could easily be replaced by CRJ-900, etc. The very reason for going to major in the first place takes a big hit.

Understand.

Fly2Scuba said:
No, you sir are the one that doesn't get it. "Regionals" are flying longer and longer routes with larger and larger aircraft. The attitude that it's just a stepping stone to fly for a "regional" is misguided when one is flying major airline type flying already. I'm also looking to move on; yet I realize that major airline flying, quality of life, and opportunities are on shaky ground partly due to the so called "regionals". At least put the effort into creating descent pay and work rules so the gap between major contract and "regional" contract isn't so wide. Or else the degradation of the industry will continue as the
a) majors outsource jobs to a low "regional" bidder. Last time I checked the vast majority of furloughed pilots were from major airlines while the "regionals" continued their expansion.
b) majors contine to ask the pilot groups for concessions to match the much lower bar set by short sighted pilots because many of the routes could easily be replaced by CRJ-900, etc. The very reason for going to major in the first place takes a big hit.

Understand.

Look at it this way, if you dress up a pig, in the end you still have a pig, same as the regionals if they fly the same or similar routes as the majors they are still considered" Regionals" in the end

as far as outsourcing-if your company was bleeding money wouldn't you look for ways to cut costs such as looking for someone to do the same job for less

If you get a chance read the book NUTS! the story is about SWA, if all major airlines actually did the things that SWA does and actually stuck to them , then they would be in much better shape

if you think regional guys should get paid the same as some guy at the majors just because they fly the same or similar routes , then you are dreaming.

Understand

Taco Rocket said:
Just a matter of time before ATL is a base.

I can't wait!

Where is that crew room again?

Until it is, stay in your airplanes footprint or we'll have to bust 'yo az :uzi: with Hartsfield Harry. Sweet, $50 for me.;)

1x1 said:
Until it is, stay in your airplanes footprint or we'll have to bust 'yo az :uzi: with Hartsfield Harry. Sweet, $50 for me.;)

Oooooooooooohhh! :laugh:

Latest resources

Back