• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom callsign?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that freedom marks disaster for all of us on the front lines who bust our butts to get contracts that improve quality of life. "A flying job beats selling replacement windows" sure it does but at what cost??? If you flying job is going to set us all back 10+ yrs then it certainly isn't worth it. I will say this Major Tom in your defense, playing on the radio is childish and dangerous, but your comments about the union brotherhood is dead wrong. If an when you starting flying 121 you will see that your contract is your job!!!

WD.

I would agree that not being professional on the radio is unacceptable. There are other ways to get back at these almost-scabs. Carry the list of them and deny them jumpseats. If you're on a hiring review board a few years from now and someone shows up with Freedumb on their resume, don't give them the job. There are many ways to discourage people from going to this scab operation. But don't resort to playing around on the radio.

Here's the latest list of these almost-scabs that I can find. Remember, jumpseating is a privelage, not a right and we can deny it to anybody:

(List removed. If you want a copy, send me a private msg.)

Last edited:
PCL_128

How did you make your way into the CRJ, and a 1900 with your amount of flight time? PFT? and this is diferent than Freedoumb how?

Is it true freedumb pilots have Mesa IDs?

Is there any way to distinguish a freedumb pilot from a Mesa pilot if this is true?

PCL 128, thanks for that update. If you guys find one of these guys in the above list trying to JS with a Mesa ID call security. They are breaking the law, breaking the law, breaking the law!

I believe Delta is in the process of prosecuting one of these guys for passing himself as a Mesa pilot!

I'm not defending the actions of the Freedom folks on the list, but merely pointing out an issue ...

Tread very carefully when posting names. This can be considered libel, and possibly lead to legal action against those posting the list.

Even though I need a job right now, I would NOT go to Freedom. I've put too many years in with ALPA, and wouldn't want to sabotage the global pilot effort.

750Driver

Last edited:
Re: PCL_128

PA-44Typed said:
How did you make your way into the CRJ, and a 1900 with your amount of flight time? PFT? and this is diferent than Freedoumb how?

You're right, I did PFT. It's a decision I have recently come to regret, dispite the fact that it got me into a CRJ with such low time. If I had known what I know now about how the industry works, I never would have PFTed. When I got into this industry I heard from marketing people telling me that their programs of PFT were the fast track to the airline world. Unfortunately, I didn't know of this website several years ago when I started my training. If I had, then I would have know before hand not to make this mistake. People sometimes make mistakes. Maybe someday this one will come back to bite me in the a$$. I don't know. If it does, I'll just have to take it. I can't undo what I have already done.

P.S. Due to the several posts from people not wanting the list posted here, I am removing it from my previous post. Anyone that wants a copy can send me a private msg and I will be happy to send you one.

PCL

I believe there is a general consensus on the whole issue of Freedom.

I agree with the PA-44, however, that your relative newness to the industry and your experience level are incongruous with your militant stance.

Latest resources

Back