Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

azpilot

Cisco - Sysco however you want to spell it

Don't play games on the radio. The FAA is on the look out. Folks at Southwest and other places have been warned.

Don't play games on the radio. The FAA is on the look out. Folks at Southwest and other places have been warned.

Yep, AZpilot is right on. A friend of mine who flies the 1900 for Air Midwest received a memo that was also issued for Mesa, America West, and SWA pilots, that made it clear anyone who purposely stepped on the radio while a Freedom Air pilot was talking, would immediately have their licenses suspended, and would be fired from their respective company. The FAA is setting up some sort of devices that can track a radio signal to a specific aircraft, which would allow them to find out exactly who it was that blocked a transmission by a Freedom Air pilot.

Anyone else have anymore info on this?

For anyone out there even contemplating such action ... it's unprofessional and childish, at the very minimum. Above all, it compromises air safety. Save the offensive action for another place, if you must. Once you climb into the aircraft, your focus should be on the task at hand, not playing games.

I'm with the last guy. . .sort of. People are acting like freedom is raping their wives. Union, no union who the F cares? They're just a squirell tryin to get a nut. If my pilot pulled that crap, I'd bitch slap him.

I'm with the last guy. . .sort of. People are acting like freedom is raping their wives. Union, no union who the F cares? They're just a squirell tryin to get a nut. If my pilot pulled that crap, I'd bitch slap him.

hey major tom
you really shouldnt comment on things you know nothing about. Freedom Air was created to divert work from UNION Mesa pilots. The same pilots who busted their A$$ES so mesa could afford these new aircraft. Ornstein's motto was "low wages equals future job security." It sure does, job security for Freedom pilots.

In fact the very first Freedom flight was a mesa flight that got cancelled. Every month a new -700 shows up on the PHX ramp while Mesa parks a -200.

Now there are talks of furlough with 100 airplanes on order?? Not to mention our CCAir brothers who are on furlough. Mesa isd the next CCAir if Johnny Ornstein has his way.

This is all about greed and money.

Look, man. Any flying job is better than selling replacement windows. Do you think you're going to convince everyone at Freedom to quit their jobs? Don't pick on them, pick on their management. As long as we're not shooting each other down out there, we're all in it together.

Latest resources

Back