FREE Training at TAB Express???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bobbysamd,

Great posts sir. I agree 100% with what you say and you hit the nail on the head each time. Keep the comments coming,

regards.....:)

Flip said:
Great posts sir. I agree 100% with what you say and you hit the nail on the head each time . . . .
Thanks for your kind comments, which I appreciate more than words can say.

'Mav' works at Comair and is merely providing entertainment. And I must admit, it is kinda funny watching you pros (and wannabes) get so worked up over his flame-bait posts. Entertaining indeed.

:D :D :D

Minh

"Mav" Flamebait

Snakum said:
'Mav' works at Comair and is merely providing entertainment. And I must admit, it is kinda funny watching you pros (and wannabes) get so worked up over his flame-bait posts. Entertaining indeed.
Whatever. In any event, "Mav" has fomented, inspired and generated even more anti-P-F-T fervor. Perhaps pro P-F-Ters might think twice for fear of the shellacking "Mav" has received.

Thanks, "Mav." By spawning more P-F-T hatred you have furthered the cause for real pilots. May you reach takeoff safety speed for all your V1 cuts in every piece of "jeavy" iron you might fly.

Last edited:
I can assure you I'm not TopGun-Moron. He's either a real, registered poster, or someone, who hopes with his posts, to foment more anti P-F-T sentiment than exists already here.

I would agree with tscarecrow,
bobbysamd sounds like he's copying the technique, radio jock Phil Henry uses to stimulate interest from his audience.
Reading boobysamd's, opps, sorry, bobbysamd's threads only leads me to believe, he coudn't make it through the interview process. Gees, "B" you couldn't get hired during the largest hiring boom in history?
If you came off in the interview like you come off on this board, you can eliminate your age discrimination theory.
I've met many people who started at booby's age who made it and are now 121 captains.
Poor boobysamd.....

I guess I have been flamed . . . . .

jppt2000 said:
I can assure you I'm not TopGun-Moron. He's either a real, registered poster, or someone, who hopes with his posts, to foment more anti P-F-T sentiment than exists already here.

I would agree with tscarecrow,
bobbysamd sounds like he's copying the technique, radio jock Phil Henry uses to stimulate interest from his audience.
Reading boobysamd's, opps, sorry, bobbysamd's threads only leads me to believe, he coudn't make it through the interview process. Gees, "B" you couldn't get hired during the largest hiring boom in history?
The last hiring boom, of which you are aware, was the late '90s-early '00s. That, my friend, was the largest boom in history. Regionals were hiring with 1200-100 or less. The one I knew, the late '80s-'early 90s, was not nearly as huge as the last one. FYI, 1500-500 and an ATP were bare minimums. More likely interview quals were 2500-500+. I don't think you were around then.
If you came off in the interview like you come off on this board, you can eliminate your age discrimination theory. I've met many people who started at booby's age who made it and are now 121 captains.
I barely had a chance to speak at my interviews. Most of them lasted, at most, fifteen minutes. They did the talking. I remember one interview in particular where I was asked twice, by two separate interviewers, if I was ever convicted of a felony. I answered "no" twice. That really was the extent of that interview. So much for your theory.

I have a friend within a few days of my age (53), who had interviewed with Trans States about four years ago (during that boom), who learned that he was rejected flat-out because of his age.
Poor boobysamd.....
I welcome everyone's comments, even yours, my friend. And, you are my friend for taking the time to read my comments. Please, write more responses. Thank you for taking the time to read my posts. :)

Last edited:
And?

jppt2000 said:
I've met many people who started at bobby's age who made it and are now 121 captains.
Poor bobbysamd.....
Yeah and I've met a lot of people who haven't. What's your point Ace? Just out taking cheap shots?

Amazing how low people get with the crap they post here. Whatever happened to "if you don't have anything nice to say..." ah, you probably wouldn't even know the rest.

zeroline said:
OK MR. BE-1900 Pilot. Heres some questions?

1. Whats the max allowable torque when your primary governor fails and your overspeed governor (not the fuel topping governor) takes over?

2. How can you tell if you have a tripple-fed bus failure?

3. Since the only switches you really touch involve the bleed air, when does the "BL AIR FAIL" light come on?

4. What are the functions of the GCU?

5. When does the autofeather arm?
wow...ummm you got alot of time on your hands.........you must be fresh off a PC.....

flyby said:
Yeah and I've met a lot of people who haven't. What's your point Ace? Just out taking cheap shots?

Amazing how low people get with the crap they post here. Whatever happened to "if you don't have anything nice to say..." ah, you probably wouldn't even know the rest.

My point is, Bobby constantly rants about how the "system" was unfair to him. Bobby has more than once hinted that he didn't get on with regionals because of age bias. I say he is bitter, takes his anger and disappointment out on people who go an alternate route. I think its pretty low to insult a whole group of people who choose to pursue a different route on their way to a job. Just because people don't agree with the way Booby would do things doesn't make them wrong.

PS, that age discrimination theory is crap. I find it insulting as one of the many who did get hired.

Age discrimination

jppt2000 said:
My point is, Bobby constantly rants about how the "system" was unfair to him. Bobby has more than once hinted that he didn't get on with regionals because of age bias. I say he is bitter, takes his anger and disappointment out on people who go an alternate route. I think its pretty low to insult a whole group of people who choose to pursue a different route on their way to a job. Just because people don't agree with the way Booby would do things doesn't make them wrong.
Once more, my friend, I thank you for your kind comments. Just as you are doing, sir, I am only expressing my $0.02 opinions.
PS, that age discrimination theory is crap. I find it insulting as one of the many who did get hired.
Here is a link to the crap.

Prove me wrong. How old were you when you were hired? And in what year? What was your level of experience? Did you have 135 experience? If you have read my posts carefully, you will have noted that I have said I do not believe there is age discrmination against over-40 pilots who started out young and got their chances later and/or who had previous 135, 121 or corporate experience. Just so you understand, I believe that age discrimination is practiced against later-life career changers without 135, 121 or corporate experience.

Having written all that, please, send me more insults.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back