Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow.

LXApilot

Now there's a republican whose ideas I can understand.
If this were real life (and not petty chattering amongst bored people, myself included) I think you'd be fun to argue with.
Fact based ideas, considerate beliefs.
Don't agree with you entirely, but that isn't the point is it?

I'm guessing isolationist? Pat Buchanan has some points.

Anyhow, I like a 'liberal' opinion that's actually 'liberal'.
(I won't explain the quotes here.)

Last edited:
LXApilot said:
Thomas Jefferson implored all American's to continuously question and openly debate their government. Of course, he had to have been a liberal- right? He certainly would have been today.

Perhaps you need to jump back into the history books. A liberal he is not. I love how 'openly debating your government' has been co-opted into a democratic cornerstone....as if politics weren't involved!

‘What has destroyed liberty and the rights of man in every government which has ever existed under the sun?’

Jefferson once wrote to a Virginia congressman while providing his own answer.

‘The generalizing and concentrating of all cares and powers into one body, no matter whether of the autocrats of Russia or France, or of the aristocrats of the Venetian senate.’

PCL_128 said:
Who gave Howie "the scream-meister" Dean a flightinfo account?

Anyway, your statement is, as Smacktard said, factually incorrect. The 9/11 commission concluded that there was no link between Saddam and 9/11. The commission did not say that there was no link between Saddam and Al Qaeda. The truth is, there were several terrorist training camps for Al Qaeda located within Iraq. Terrorists frequently came to Iraq for medical treatment also because they knew they would get no hassle from Saddam.

spin spin spin.......

PCL_128 said:
No, we aren't attacking innocent Iraqis. We are attacking terrorists who aim to destroy the fragile democracy that is being built in Iraq. The terrorists are the ones killing the Iraqis with their car bombs and suicide bombers.

Dead Iraqi babies are terrorists?

PCL_128 said:
You'll have to be more specific. I'm not aware of any U.S. relationship with a terrorist group.

Oh, wow. I don't know maybe one little country called

SAUDI ARABIA?

Crash Pad said:
I was unaware that a liberal pilot existed... Let me be the first to say that I was for the war in Iraq and not because of the WMD. I knew all along that the gift of freedom and elections is the noble duty of every american. Which is why I support the full invasion of every nondemocratic country in the world... Hey you had me at hello... Go big or stay home lets not half a$$ with one democracy lets hit em all... China, Korea, Iran, the list goes on.
Furthermore I'm happy that we saved the people of Iraq from the WMD's that Saddam was willing to use on them. We should all feel responsible for putting Saddam in power and part of that responsibility is removing him from power... Similar to the Taliban. I vote that we do the same for all of the genocides in Africa. Again go big or stay home.
I'm also glad that this message board caught Syria. After the London bombings I was concerned that we wouldn't have much of a link to anyone we could invade... luckily Syria has stepped up to the plate.
The one thing I will never understand about a guy like Saddam is this... I'm an evil mastermind. I'm the biggest threat since Hitler to the world. The "put a boot in your ass" USA is coming... The first thing I would do is lock and load the WMD's and take everyone down in a blaze of glory... or I would ship them to Syria. I know Hitler wouldn't have shipped to Syria. The face of evil is a tricky one.
I think it is time to show the world that the US of A can do what the Romans, French, British, and countless others could not... Build an empire!

Well, take your a$$ down and sign up with the marines tough guy. They'll be glad to have ya. And when you're fighting N. Korea on their soil and they send a couple over here to nuke the rest of us (cause you know, they really do got 'em) be glad the the smoldering mess you come back to (if you do at all) is your precious America.

Reinstate The Draft And Increase The Age Up To And Including Age 33.
Concription Must Take Allinto Account, The Single And Married, College And Non Degree, Poor And Rich.

This Might Make Us A Little Less Vulnerable To Spin And To Use Aggression As Political Policy. We Are No Different Than Any Other Paranoid Empire Before Us. We Try To Think Of Ourselves As The Greatest Country In History, Good God Fearing Folks Wishing To Do Well For The Rest Of The World. At The Same Time We Live In Paranoid Fear Of Being Destroyed By Some Enemy In Some Hated Conflict Against Us. We Always Have An Enemy Du Jour, Be Spain, Mexico, Germany, Ussr, Pablo Escovar, Gen. Noriega And As Of Lately Bin Laden And Hussein.

For Those Of You Borned In The Late Seventies And Early Eighties And Think That Ron Brought Down The Evil Empire Please Review History And Economics And Not Just Facts. Stop Living In Some Sort Of Public Paranoia. The Truth Is We Screwed With Everyone And Sometimes There Is A Little Political Payback.

As For Terrorism, It Will Always Exist. So As Long As A Larger Force Can Not Be Sucessfully Confronted Directly, Soft Targets Are Valid. Yes This Includes Civilians, Commercial Buildings And Other No Combat Personel. If You Think About It, A Voting Free Public Bears More Reponsability About Its' Goverment Actions Than A Populace Under A Dictatorship. So Killing Our Civilians As A Matter Of Policy Might Be Justifiable But... It Is Not, Is It? Since Some Are Pro Administration And Some Are Not How Would A Terror Man Distinguish Between Them.

About This Idea Of ' In Time Of War.." What War?!!!! Who Are We Fighting This Time That Is Different From Any Other Time. Go Back Thirty Years And Read The Newspaper Accounts Of Our Involvement In Southeast Asia. Who Did We Accused Of Harboring An Enemy, What Were Our Expectations And Ou Fears.

Since No Official State Of War Exist Between The People Of Iraq And The Usa, Are We To Be Considered Enemy Combatants.

Folks The Administration Knew That We Were Staying There For A Long Time. Iraq Has The Biggest Oil Fields Next To Saudi Arabia. The Later's Reserves Have Been Dwindling. Securing A New Safe Source Of Energy Is An Imperative. Please Stop Being So Moralistic About It, Policies Are Either Productive Or Unproductive Based On Probabilities Of Success.

Bring Back The Draft, Viva Che Guevara.

You can go fight for that biggest oil field next to saudi arabia all you'd like. I'll drive my electric car.

Traumahawk said:
Also, zero weapons. ZERO WMD.
N. Korea...different story.
Iran...different story.

So we should have waited until there was proof? Like what? A nuclear attackby Iraq? I fought in Khafji in Desert Storm, saw first hand what kind of neighbor Iraq was under Saddam. You can't tell me the world will not be a safer place without him.

Remember we waited for "proff on 07 DEC 1941...Pearl Harbor.

Remember we waited for "proof" until 11 SEP 2001.

Put the crackpipe down...peace had it's chance, and it failed. Notice that the attacks on London came AFTER they backed down? Some reward for peace.

You must have a closet full of tye dies....

And the point about tye dyes was.... Understand the economics behind policy and history and see your place in it. Oh I serve while you were in grammar school kid, so do not drop that iI fought in somewhere crap that was our job.

Latest resources

Back