• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Free First Officers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, during an interview a chief pilot asked point blank, "Did you pay for any of your flight time apart from training?" and I said no, but I did ask why he asked.

He said that he prefers to see time that a company hired you to build because "...any Tom, Dick or Mary can cut a check and buy 500 hours in a Metro..."

Be very careful!

Braniff

I must agree with Ifly4food about how the correct accurate information can and should get out regarding these companies which ultimately if we are successful at doing this the passengers and general public will realize a safety issue is at stake and probably will generate some interest with other officials including the FAA..... The other day I was doing some research for our 135 company to see about changing and ammending some issues in our ops specs and I spoke to a senior inspector at FAA HQ in DC and after we talked for awhile I spoke to him about these programs and he expressed not only outrage on his behalf but also of numerous other FAA employees there that are against these "buying time" programs. He also stated that their is currently a push within the FAA to end these programs requiring TWO company employed pilots on ALL multi-engine aircraft operating under part 135.- I asked him for some kind of time frame and he couldn't even speculate due to as he said the "politics" of the issue and the many hurdles that they need to get through..- I think if this were to take place they could no longer "sell" the right seat out .....- This was very positive news to hear this since the FAA is now working on the issue which will hopefully bring some sort of an end to these disgraceful programs...

I like the idea of sending the chain mail with signatures of many pilots to the American people in certain geographical locations to get the facts out, if we can keep one paasenger away from flying Gulfstream then I think we have done some good....

If someone bought "professional" time, in my book is not a professional therefore would not be eligible to be hired. If I find myself sitting on a hiring board here or anywhere, NO PFT pilot will ever get through the door. I want to share cockpit with professionals. People who PFT do not deserve commercial pilot certificates since they act like private pilots - buying time. That equates to ZERO professional experience.

As I said... an anti-PFT generation of pilots has been coming up from the mid to late 90's and they will be the ones sitting on the hiring boards and weed people out. Bad time to be a PFT-er.

No need to worry about demeaning the profession when the rantings of some on this board -350driver- do it just fine.
By the way, does 1100 hrs make one an official "accomplished aviator"?
Good thing I did things the "right way" by instructing. No, I don't agree with selling yourself into a right seat but between your above mentioned diatribe and left-leaning gun debate lessons, I just have to say...dude, chill out!

To the original post... where exactly did you find this? I would like to look it up and see it myself.

I kind of hate to be the pessimist here, but i believe all the above posts were in response to flame bait.

If it is true however, i would be glad to give them a call posing as a very interested employer to see exactly what they have to say. It could make for a good post follow up.

Eagle Jet International P-F-T

Hey, starchkr, your comment got me thinking that maybe we were indeed responding to flamebait. There is a thread elsewhere on the board on this "company." In any event, I thought I'd try to find it. Here's the webpage I found:

http://www.eaglejet.net/

Go there and then click on the "Program Pricing" button. It's pretty rich, e.g.:

Aircraft: Boeing 737-200
Hours Price Training
250 $36500 First Officer Experience, Type Rating and Line Check

Apologies if the spacing doesn't come out right on my post.

Gol-lee, that is nearly a full year's pay for a lot of professional people.

I copied this contact information off the page, which matches the telephone numbers in the original post above:

13200 SW 128 Street, Unit A-1, Miami FL 33186
Phone: 305-278-0012 | Fax: 305-378-8925

Once again, it just slays me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
airjackson-
You have 900TT and fly the 145, all the experience you bring to this board is unreal, maybee at 1200TT you can apply all your experience and wisdom and go to UAL or another major that has the 777.. lol- - -

any other wisdom you can pass along to us would be truly taken to heart since your post gave us a few laughs tonight...

Let's sort this out....

Ok guys, for over a year and a half I've heard this debate over PFT, paying for flight training, paying for a job, and paying for a job/training that takes a job away from another individual, etc, etc. I would like for you to clarify for me what you are actually upset about. My questions are as follows:

1. If an individual meets the hiring requirements (TT, ME, Inst., Turbine....) and passes an interview and a sim check, how is this cheating someone else out of a job?

2. If you go out and spend 35,000 dollars on a C-172 and fly it for 500-700 hours then haven't you "Paid for flight time"?

3. If you go to your flight school and post a "sticky note" on the board to "share flight time" with someone then aren't you jeopardizing your "quality" of flight time?

4. Where exactly is the "line in the sand" that differentiates PFT (which is the only way to get your PPL, Inst., Comm, ME, CFI, CFII) and paying an FBO to go out a get 100 hours in their Seneca?

5. What is the magic TT number? Everyone seems to use this as the measuring stick..

6. If you are filling a seat that would otherwise go unfilled, who is suffering more...you, or the operator wanting to take your money and fill the seat?

7. If people are worried about PFT'ers getting seats in aircraft quicker than them do you think they would get mad at military guys that could get out of their service commitments early to fill the same seats..? Some people would think that they are on a free ride (this is not a comment about service, committment, country or duty...purely political).

I know that this is going to come under heavy fire from the aviation community but I would really like to know why people feel the way the do about PFt. And better yet, I think most people respond to posts without knowing exactly which "twist" has been put on the PFT title....

I have not PFT'd, bent over, bent down, or swung around for flying time...I just want to know what the fuss is all about...
this is my opinion only and look forward to your comments.. :confused:

Ospreyfe, I'll take youre bait..........

If you ( truley ) do not know what PFT is:

If you pay money to the company that intends to employ you, for training to get you qualified to fill the position because they REQUIRE you to do it, they you are PFT.

Nothing more, nothing less......

Latest resources

Back