Fred a no-show in GSO today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
9rj9 said:
Its the airline industry, get used to it. You sound like an whiny Riddle puke that thinks he deserves a job. I'm sure Mesa is hiring.

Let me guess, you have never been fuloughed. You just like to talk alot.

9rj9 said:
must have hit close to home. Now you know how the furloughed Delta guys feel after watching their jobs go to Comair for the last 4 years.

Right on. Remember how they demanded all the 70 and 90 seaters too? Funny, what goes around comes around. Hopefully, DAL will bring all flying into mainline and CMR and all the others can fend for themselves.

9rj9 said:
You sound like an whiny Riddle puke that thinks he deserves a job.

what a punk. I can see if it was a Mesa puke that complained, but the guys at Comair deserve respect, especially in time like these.

If you think it's Comair's doing that DL flying went there, you're an idiot. The reason why regionals are getting all the flying is because Legacy's are getting their butt kicked by high fuel and predatory fares offered by all the SW, jetblue and Airtran.

I have always thought that it would be best if the so called "regional airlines" did not even exist. American, Delta, NWA, etc etc. should do all there own flying. Right from the turbo-props and small regional jets to the 747-400. The scourge of the industry which are regional airlines would cease to exist! Everyone who wants a job as a pilot would have to start at the bottom and work their way up. Sure, the military pilots would be up in arms, but who cares. That way, your first airline job may end up being your last. And in a profession where you must start at the bottom wherever you go, this seems the most fair.

Sure, the regionals cost is about as rock-bottom as you can get, but all it would take is reducing the senior captains pay, and raising pay for the smaller jets than where they are now at regional payscale, and I think it would even out. Jetblue is going to be flying their own smaller jets, why can't the real airlines!!

drag said:
Right on. Remember how they demanded all the 70 and 90 seaters too? Funny, what goes around comes around. Hopefully, DAL will bring all flying into mainline and CMR and all the others can fend for themselves.
Oh please, I have never heard a regional pilot "demanding" that 70-90 seat airplanes be flown at their airline. That is a very shallow and ignorant statement. Most RJ pilots, myself included, have always preferred that larger aircraft be kept at mainline to preserve our own futures. However, its up to YOU mainline pilots and your MEC's to create a scope that keeps them over there, and most have failed to do so.

pipejockey said:
The scourge of the industry which are regional airlines would cease to exist!

The real scourge of the industry are the low cost carriers, those that charge pennies to travel cross country. The "Southwest/Airtran/JetBlue Effect" is a main cause of all the current hardships in this industry.

2 examples: Jetblue's introductory $29 fares BOS-JFK, & a friend just bought a roundtrip from Midway to orlando for $120. How can anything good come from all this?

Mainline determines how much flying goes to the regionals, and the more the LCC's undercut them, the more of the flying they have to give away.

It's simple math. You got companies out there that want to charge half as much as the gas it takes to drive there, everyone else is going to loose.

relief tube said:
The real scourge of the industry are the low cost carriers, those that charge pennies to travel cross country. The "Southwest/Airtran/JetBlue Effect" is a main cause of all the current hardships in this industry.

2 examples: Jetblue's introductory $29 fares BOS-JFK, & a friend just bought a roundtrip from Midway to orlando for $120. How can anything good come from all this?

Mainline determines how much flying goes to the regionals, and the more the LCC's undercut them, the more of the flying they have to give away.

It's simple math. You got companies out there that want to charge half as much as the gas it takes to drive there, everyone else is going to loose.

One of the dumbest posts I've ever read on this board...

Last time I checked at least two (not sure about AirTran) of those carriers you mentioned are profitable and at least Southwest has very good pay rates. We could argue about the 190 pay rates at JetBlue. I think the industry needs more of the "Southwest Effect" if what you were referring to was profitability. Start thinking for yourself and don't join the "why don't they just raise fares crowd." That's an ignorant and uneducated view of the industry. If they took that road you'd see the airline industry go back to the days of mostly business travelers and drive away the personal/pleasure travel. I remember growing up and it being an amazingly rare event for anyone to fly to their vacation.

The legacy carriers got themselves in this mess and have no one else to blame but themselves.

I knew we were in trouble when I started connecting from one regional jet to another regional jet when traveling somewhere... Seriously, it's gotten to a point where you almost never get to ride on anything other than a da^n RJ, at least domestically.

Last edited:
RElief Tube got it RIGHT

h25b said:
One of the dumbest posts I've ever read on this board...

Last time I checked at least two (not sure about AirTran) of those carriers you mentioned are profitable and at least Southwest has very good pay rates. We could argue about the 190 pay rates at JetBlue. I think the industry needs more of the "Southwest Effect" if what you were referring to was profitability. Start thinking for yourself and don't join the "why don't they just raise fares crowd." That's an ignorant and uneducated view of the industry. If they took that road you'd see the airline industry go back to the days of mostly business travelers and drive away the personal/pleasure travel. I remember growing up and it being an amazingly rare event for anyone to fly to their vacation.

The legacy carriers got themselves in this mess and have no one else to blame but themselves.

I knew we were in trouble when I started connecting from one regional jet to another regional jet when traveling somewhere... Seriously, it's gotten to a point where you almost never get to ride on anything other than a da^n RJ, at least domestically.

How long have you been around aviation and aviation history? Just because SouthWest, JetBlu, etc. are profitable does not mean they have helped the industry. They are the Greyhound's of america. Let people that want to pay for greyhound fares ride the bus. We don't need to lower the bar to match LLC's. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR........They lowered the bar underneath the Professional Airlines and Pilots. Walmartization of America started with Southwest. Talk to any pilot or employee of a legacy carrier and ask them what they know of southwest say circa early 90's. TRAILER TRASH FARES ALERT........The bottom of the barrel was here with the LLC'S not Regionals.

Halo_RJdriver said:
How long have you been around aviation and aviation history? Just because SouthWest, JetBlu, etc. are profitable does not mean they have helped the industry. They are the Greyhound's of america. Let people that want to pay for greyhound fares ride the bus. We don't need to lower the bar to match LLC's. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR........They lowered the bar underneath the Professional Airlines and Pilots. Walmartization of America started with Southwest. Talk to any pilot or employee of a legacy carrier and ask them what they know of southwest say circa early 90's. TRAILER TRASH FARES ALERT........The bottom of the barrel was here with the LLC'S not Regionals.

Darn those highly paid 737 pilots working at a profitable carrier providing efficient, reliable, affordable, domestic air tranportation to the general public... :rolleyes: What are they thinking... ????

So you advocate raising fairs and taking out 30-40% of the nation's air travelers out of the skys ? How many jobs do you think we'd be losing then ? Having a single income family of four I can tell you that our and many other families would be driving without these carriers. Disposable income for us "trailer trash", college educated, members of the shrinking middle class types is pretty limited. Wasn't it Henry Ford who made himself an American icon by believing that his own workforce should be able to afford his product or did I read something wrong ? Does that not apply to the airline industry.

Fill us all in on your vision of the industry all-knowing one... Please, we're all ears. I was always told that more customers was generally a good thing. Of course though I like to think I'm not a total elitest, simpleton either..

PROFITABLE=NOT GOOD .... ???? .... I guess you're not a business major and the thousands of SWA wannabes that go out and smack down 7000-10000 bucks buying a type rating have it all wrong then.

Last edited:
h25b said:
Darn those highly paid 737 pilots

So you advocate raising fairs and taking out 30-40% of the nation's air travelers out of the skys ? How many jobs do you think we'd be losing then ?

WHAT??? Highly paid? United, Delta, and I think NWA had higher payrates for a 737 size aircraft 5 years ago! Not to mention the QOL and workrules and pension that made the career worth having just a few years ago. And what about 1998,1999, and 2000 when the the majors were making gobs of money and about half of those rj's you see today. We still had vacation and leasure travelers in large numbers. But we had more high dollar business travelers who have gone by the wayside. 1 full fare coach class ticket was probably worth 3 of these cheap leisure fares you see today. And First Class travelers were the icing on the cake. Now it seems like just a bunch of upgrades in first class who didn't pay anything near first class rate...I hate those people looking all smug like they paid the $2000 fare.

Latest resources

Back