Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Trash8Mofo

Kook!
Just want to know if any of the fractional companies out there have any jumpseat agreemenst with any of the airlines, such as UA, NW, DL, ATA, JBL...

An Airline guy wants to know. Mucho Appreciato in advance for any non-smartass honest answer. Thanks

jumppilot03 said:
What is the benefit to the airline employees?

I think the greatest benefit is being able to go to new and exciting places that you didn't think you'd be going to. Imagine hopping on a fractional operator's flight to Vegas and then finding out half way through the flight that the plane has been redispatched to Cleveland. Didn't think you'd be going there today, did ya?

English has it spot on. CS has jumpseat agreements with three airlines. We can offer rides on DH's from A to B. However, the DH's are often short notice and always have the possibility of being re-dispatched to a different destination mid-air. Another problem is that we don't have a published schedule, due to the nature of the business. The other point is that we always leave from an FBO, and that, in itself can present an issue getting from the terminal to the FBO. Don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy to offer a ride to an airline crew, it just isn't the most practical way to go about it for someone that needs to be in a specific location at a certain time.

X

How would an airline guy find out if a frax flight was available?

Would the frax dispatcher be able to help? If so, do they have numbers that we could call?

Thanks.

anon said:

Would the frax dispatcher be able to help? If so, do they have numbers that we could call?

Thanks.

I actually kinda thinking that I should jump ship and work for the fractional movement. I just want to know what kind of bennies there are for you fractional folks.

Well, instead of jump seat opportunities we do get to keep all our airline frequent flyer miles. So far for me that has been good for 3 or 4 free round trips a year. Much nicer to have an actual ticket to plan a vacation around than gambling on standby, especially if you have families.

anon said:

Thanks.

At NJA, when I first started working here it was no big deal to find a ride for any airline crew that called and asked. It didn't happen too often unless it was "Hey I'm at MCO, do you have any ferry flights out of here any time soon?" Then about 1998 or soon after it was un-written policy to not allow them to ride-along - something about the owners wishes, rights, blah, blah something or other. Eventually it became written policy, and since then even riding along on ferry legs for company employees has gotten more strict - you must accompany friends or family, dress code, etc. But, as it's been pointed out above it's not a reliable way to travel given the schedule comes out the night before and can change in a blink of an eye. I was trying to get from CMH-BOS one day this summer and mid-flight we were diverted to ACY. But, of the dozen or so times I've used NJA, this was the only time that's happened.

Trash8Mofo said:
I actually kinda thinking that I should jump ship and work for the fractional movement. I just want to know what kind of bennies there are for you fractional folks.

Just going off the company board for bargaining employees your bennies are:
Holidays
401k (50% match)
1 day/month accrual sick days
Vacation
Life Ins.
Leave of Absence
Flex spending account
Bereavement pay
Medical/dental/vision/long term disability
You keep all your airline miles for personal travel
Per Diem

The bargaining folk will correct me if any of this is wrong.

Latest resources

Back