Fractional Info...Flight Options or EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flydog said:
Word on the street last month said NetJets has failed to sell any shares in Boeing Business ...The company now has seven BBJs on strength but apparently few owners to carry in them

Aha...Ohhh......Slider, you kill me :p

Your defense is a misinformed quote that begins with, "the word on the street is?!?!?"

1st, we don't have 7 BBJs, we have 5
2nd, check the N-numbers on the FAA registry and you can see which ones are sold. Any 8 year old can search for that. It's not rocket science.
3rd, If the BBJ was that bad, don't you think we would just sell them?
4th, Why do you even care what happens on OUR ramp?

Last edited:
Almost 3 years ago I was in your same position. I was looking at Flex because of the pay, but chose EJA cause of their size. I was lucky. I work for EJA and love it here. I can confirm that on average of once a month I get a former RTA guy asking about how to get on at EJA.

One big point of contention for these guys (besides the insurance) is the lumping together of the sick time and vacation time. I was told (not saying this is accurate, maybe a flt ops guy can help out) that flt ops gets 12 days off a year to use anyway they want, sick days, personal days, vacation. A weak point in this system is that if you do get something serious, or break a leg and are out for 6 weeks (like a friend of mine who got menegitis) you have used your vacation up for a couple years and would have a period of 2-3 years with 0 days off. Am I understanding this right? For the record EJAs vacation is 2 weeks off for the first 5 years then 3, then 4 after 10 years. We accrue 1 sick day a month buildable to around 60 days or so, then you start losing the unused ones (as if somebody would be that foolish).

I agree with the above post that says go with the one that hires you first. They are both decent companies that both have a plenty of room for things to get better. At this level this is the equivilent of choosing between Delta and AA with no offers from either. Good Luck.

Last edited:
I worked for EJA for over 4 years. I left to do something else i wanted to do in life. But i can tell you this, if i had it to do over again knowing what i know now this is my input: EJA is the place to be and where i would have applied. Union Union Union!!!!! Those who say they don't need one have no clue as to what they are missing. Just ask an EJA Cpt sometime how much he makes if he lands at 00:01 on the night of his last day. Yes my wife used to love those 1000.00 shopping sprees. (Did i mention the Union? ha ha lol!) Even though there are some guys complaining about the current contract it will all be done in time. Good luck in your decisions .

Tim,

With respect to vacation/sick days at Options: You can take short and long term disability in case of a long term injury or illness. I really don't think they take vacation days from you 2-3 years out. You get 16 vacation/sick days a month.

You're absolutly right about the AA and Delta analogy. They are both highly sought after companies to work for and I feel very fortuante to be working at one of them.
:D

The saddest thing about this entire thread it the common theme. The "unless you know someone on the inside you'll never get hired". It doesn't seem to matter what fractional company you are talking about that is ALWAYS the answer. For someone languishing at a commuter, who would desperatly love a job with FO or EJA or any of the leaders in the fractionals, it is quite maddening, frustrating and disheartening.

WileE,
Gunfyter is right. Netjets will be hiring steady for the next 4 + years. I myself ,out of 12 ,did not know anybody here when I was hired. That did not stop me from getting hired ,and it won't stop you or anyone else if you aply and follow up. The market is more saturated than when I did get hired , but you still have to aply to any and everyone if you want to move.
Best of luck

WHO YOU KNOW AT NJA

I, being a one year Netjets guy and former regional jet captain am sad about that we now are playing the who you know game.

I was mad at United, being your dad has to work there or as we all know be a female or another minority.

Delta, better have a family member or be military to get hired. Oh yea like a bunch at comiar, who your daddy knows.

Enough said, all the majors play this way. Anyone who says they knew no one is full of sh#t.. they have a ego problem.

I am sad after we get a huge raise here at netjets, it will always be a who you know place also, but private message me anytime and maybe I can help, as I know the head people in recruiting from having beers with them during training.

REMEMBER ALL GREAT DEALS ARE DONE OVER BEER

Latest resources

Back