Fractional Info...Flight Options or EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Toad4

I am currently a First Officer flying unsched part 135 in Lear 20 series (99% cargo). I have 500 now in the Lear and should upgrade soon, but the lifestyle, pay, and equipment is not what I would refer to as "top notch". Not really complaining much, I realize I'm lucky to have a jet job and all, but...I am trying to get on at Flight Options, but as yet have not heard from them. I started sending them my resume in December. I did get an application from EJA but I have heard that people there are not happy and that there is some problem with the contract. I also don't know anyone at EJA and a few at FO.

I have 2700 TT, 1900 PIC, 1200 Turbine, 500 Jet, 650 Multi. Any suggestions on who I would be competitive for or contacts at EJA and Flight Options would be appreciated. Thanks again and blue skies.

Toad

Not sure why people are unhappy at eja/nj, or what"problem" there is. I am personally very happy to be at eja. Sure the contract is not done, and probably wont be for a while....but this job is 100% better than the regional job i had before.

As for the app you received.....that is worth its weight in gold right now. They are not even mailing anymore out right now since they have so many resumes/apps on file right now.

The only problem i see is that with the amount of people with there stuff in, i heard that interviews are already booked up for the next 6 months or so. Also, from what i have heard, they are looking at people with 5-8000 hrs now. The mins have not changed, just taking the higher time guys since they can pick and choose who they want.

Send it in, cant hurt....there are guys that would kill for that app.

1900cpt

Hi!

I've read a lot about the fractionals this past 1.5 years. I believe that EJA is the best, and Flt Options is also good, but not quite up to EJA standards.

The mins for Flt Options is an ATP, and they have hired guys with around 2000 hours, so I think it's easier to get on with them. They do, currently, have about 9000 resumes on file, and, apparently, the only way to get one looked at is to have someone you know there walk it in. It goes onto the 2000 stack instead of the 7000 general stack.

Good luck!

Cliff
GB,WI

I would think long and hard about Flt. Options before I make the move. I was hired at Raytheon over a year ago and put in the so called pool when all the hiring stopped. I was told by Raytheon that Flt. Options was purchasing Raytheon and that we would now be going through them instead. I tried for two months to talk with someone at Flt. Options about this and my statues but, could never reach anyone or even get call back after numerous phone calls and e-mails.

I was hired by NetJets in February and have not looked back. The caliber of people here at NetJets are by far the best and the nicest. They return calls, answer questions and go out of their way to treat you with respect. I have nothing but great things to say about NetJets. Yes, with any job there are problems but, with NetJets, they know the problems and are willing to at least look at them and try to solve them. Hopefully the new contract will drive the point home.

"I was hired at Raytheon over a year ago and put in the so called pool when all the hiring stopped."

Key phrase there. You were hired by RTA, not Flight Options. FO was under no obligation to hire people that were in the "pool" at RTA. Who knows if the disgruntled employees(just found out their company sold, and did not know their future) in the offices at RTA even passed the "pool" info on to FO or not.

"The caliber of people here at NetJets are by far the best and the nicest."

That's great that you feel that way about the company you work for. It's even better that you are able to ascertain that they are the best without knowing anything about the majority of the industry. Are you psychic? Actually, you just sound disgruntled. Don't let that chip on your shoulder weigh you down. Have some fun in life and enjoy what you have, not dwell on what you don't.

I appreciate everyone's comments and advice. I assume that Frac Pilot doesn't work for EJA. I am pretty confident that I would be happy at either Flight Options or Executive Jet. I am not sure if I will be competitive at either one though and I don't know anyone at EJA for a recommendation. I am also very curious about the new contract for EJ and when it is supposed to come through.

I am currently flying unscheduled 135 cargo in Lear's that are older than I am. I made a little over $13,000 last year after taxes and have 4 scheduled days off a month. It is going to be difficult for anywhere not to be better. The key is that I want to make my next move a career. So, Flight Options and Executive Jet are still looking pretty neck and neck. Any comments as to lifestyle, pay, benifits, etc. would be very helpful. I am also curious about a rumor I heard that all new hires are going into the King Air 200 right seat for a year at Flight Options

Hi!

I know of two ex-army guys who recently got on at Flt Options with about 2000TT. The mins for EJA are much higher than that-Flt Options is ATP AMEL.

Cliff

New hires at Flight Options are going into the Citation II, IV, CJ1, Beechjet, King Air 200 depending on whats available when you are hired. I heard this month there are slots for Citation II and III FO. The Citation II FO pay is 34k and the III is 38k which are both substantially higher than EJA

I was called for an interview when I had around 2000TT. A very enthusiastic recommendation from an FO pilot (who knows you and has flown with you) is the key to an interview for lower time pilots.

flydog said:
The Citation II FO pay is 34k and the III is 38k which are both substantially higher than EJA.

I don't know if I would call it substatial considering OPTs is paying close to $3000 per year for insurance that Netjets pilots don't. (Don't say we have to pay union dues in response, they are nowhere near 3K/yr.) Too many factors are involved in compensation. Do you think Ricci is going to pay SUBSTANTIALLY more for a pilot than he has to? IE... the competition.

I know everyone is waiting on OUR contract to be finished, and Ricci says he will exceed our new salary. But remember, this is OUR contract, Ricci is under NO OBLIGATION to raise OPTs pay. Do you think he will give you our retro pay to last Oct too? Who knows, maybe our contract is finished, we just never told anyone.

Latest resources

Back