• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fractional flying dropped 10.6 percent in April

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We aren't union, so what the heck are you talking about? 135 is way up because people don't want to own the asset. I'm not smart enough to know why, but they are flying more and doing it 135, so they must not want to own.
Of course you are not, but as per above jet users are finding it cheaper to rent than own. That is what is building up the 135 business opposed to the Fractional growth, yet the fractional pilots think by making it more expensive to become a fractional owner they can recapture that busienss lost to chrater operators.

Of course you are not, but as per above jet users are finding it cheaper to rent than own. That is what is building up the 135 business opposed to the Fractional growth, yet the fractional pilots think by making it more expensive to become a fractional owner they can recapture that busienss lost to chrater operators.

How do you know what fractional pilots think? Reading this board?

Have you read NetJets financials? The business is making a lot of money, both directly and indirectly in charter, leasing, and fractional. NetJets is business model diversified enough to fend of the political pressures from the government and the marketplace.

The pilot group isn't the one charging a 30% premium over our competitors while reporting large profits.

....yet the fractional pilots think by making it more expensive to become a fractional owner they can recapture that busienss lost to chrater operators.

Come on Yip. Both of us are smarter than that. It's always the hype that the evil employees are the driving factor in cost of operations when in fact it is a very small percentage, especially in aviation. Funny how this always comes up when negotiations are about to begin.

When I see our schedulers choose to repo a jet at huge expense with the sole purpose of getting a crew home to avoid the after midnight penalty, I don't even want to hear how costly our wages and benefits are. They regularly burn up a month or two of a crew's salary every time they do that, and even openly admit it. Take the battle cry of poverty somewhere else.

Yip's just used to handing out piss wages to his cargo pilots and isn't used to dealing with pilots who know what they are worth.

And Yip is the one who has been predicting a pilot shortage and hiring boom for, how long has it been now Yip? Two years?

Yip's just used to handing out piss wages to his cargo pilots and isn't used to dealing with pilots who know what they are worth.
Actually we are providing charity for about 4 NJ pilots kicked out the door 4 years ago, and they are getting a lot more "worth" from JUS right now then "worth" from NJ.

Pilot Shortage is hitting now YIP .... this is the calm just before the Tsunami.
Actually I have not used the term pilot shortage for over 12 years since I got beat up by Avbug, I have used the term hiring boom to reflect the growing hiring trends now seen in the industry

Last edited:
There is no shortage if flight hours don't increase...for business aircraft pilots.

Life doesn't begin and end with NetJets, or any of the other fractionals...the market is much larger and we should all hope the pie gets bigger no matter who you fly for.

Again, where have I, and a majority of fractional pilots, given the impression that we think increased costs are the answer to our woes? If you are talking about the few unionized pilots on this board, then say so. But don't insult our intelligence by lumping us into one group. You have an answer that is flat out wrong! And the only way you can sell that answer is if you crowbar the majority of us into a false category.

Latest resources

Back