• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FO's for life

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C'mon everyone....lets be real....its impossible to be an "FO for life". With mando retirement at 60 and average life expect of 72! This will give you an whole 12 years to spend your $50,000 retirement savings!

Hey, being a career FO can be lucrative -- holding the most senior line with all the international flying to exotic locales in Canada, collecting that international per diem, gettin' to tell chicks that you fly international -- man, it's no different then being a heavy FO flying international for a major!

Wow, what a joke! I just read this post and am amazed! I flew 135 for several years and I have been an FO for a regional for several years and I can tell you that it does not compare. My life hauling checks was a lot more "skill" than pressing buttons on the RJ. The other day I turned off the FD when flying an approach (which I do every now and then) to keep my skills up to par. I guarantee that any freight dog out there would have no problem flying raw data. My advise to the guy who started this thread is to:
1. Turn of the auto pilot.
2. Turn off the flight director.
3. Fly an approach to mins. and see how you do.

I did not attend one of these traditional RJ training schools, and I am not saying that you did not "pay your dues". I am sure you did but, I can verify that had it not been for my 135 days, I would not be the pilot I am now.
I apologize if I am coming across a little strong but flying 135 is demanding and stressful, I lost 8 out of my 9 lives doing it. Don't knock a proud group of pilots that earn every penny of their under average wages in less than adequate working conditions.

PCL 128 Said it best guys this Guys a Troll. He's probably Instructordude or his BoyFriend for all we know. Look at his profile he just joined on 11-09-07 plus he wont take P.M so you know he's just Stiring the pot.

Now I'm sure that photo is real it's either Instructordude or his boyfriend. Rumor has it, its Instructordude and I heard thru a Moderator that the original Photo had him wearing his pilot hat a purple grape colored thong with a pair on angle wings on his back and had the following statement written on his chest in Red Lipstick "I'm not Gay but my Boy Friend is!" But this photo was deemed to inappropriate.

Just look at his post he said that 6 months ago he had 300 hours and now he's got 1175? that would mean he's flying close to 200 hrs a month not gonna happen even if if he works at Mesa or Gojets

Last edited:
What the hell i will keep the thread going by saying since some one called flamebait he has stopped and probably getting ready to spend another 10 bucks to create new name and go into the Majors posting how they need to respect the regional guys. LOL

Sorry to keep you unemployed freight dawgs waiting but I had to go fly. After all this bashing, I am so glad I get to fly with professionals that won't go out and bust regs for an adrenaline rush.

Putz

What a total putz. While I know he's flaming, I just want to set the record straight. Probably the best F/O's I've had in the past came straight out of single pilot night freight. I knew I could always depend on them when the stuff hit the fan. They never let me down

When I was teaching CRJ Ground School I had a student that regailed <sp?> the class with a story about the one...yes one approach he had flown down to mins. The older guys in class (several former military aviators) all wanted to leave the room sick.

Hey man, you will be perfect for a job in Russia. I hear there is a DO, who will take you under his wings and show you the ropes, no what I mean. Oh, he likes em young. Just have pilot754 walk in your resume.

Latest resources

Back