FO's for life

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Straightwing69

Are you guys sick of hearing how 135 pilots are better than us regional FO's? Its really starting to bother me since we are trained to the highest standards and operate state of the art simulators. Not to mention CRJs are bentleys compared to junk piston twins in ice with everything inop....

laughing, dude check out what you have flown, 172 and crj. Hmm maybe they have a point when mommy and daddy pay for your training.

I paid my dues just like everyone else, I am just tired of everyone knocking RJ's. Atleast I am burning jet A compared to these piston jockeys...

Dude, what dues did you pay? Flying 135 flying cargo? Flying checks? Ups, Fedex, Airborne feeder?
I am thinking not..........
So please tell us what dues you paid.

I paid my dues just like everyone else, I am just tired of everyone knocking RJ's. Atleast I am burning jet A compared to these piston jockeys...

You "paid your dues"? With 1175 TT????

It wasn't that long ago that regional minimums were 2500-3500 hours and an ATP. Quit knocking other pilots. I'll tip a beer and hats off to all the 135 piston jocks flying single-pilot hard IFR tonight (I'm not one BTW).

Consider yourself fortunate and stop whining.

I am disrespecting any of the older guys that came thru the ranks, I am talking about compared to the mommy and daddy pilot wannabes...

Amen brotha........ My hats off to them also.

Sorry dude, but flying a piston twin in ice with everything broken is what makes a pilot. Not spending 200 hours in light singles and twins and never flying in weather, and then flying right seat in an rj two miles above the weather. I've flown pistons and turbines single pilot in the weather with stuff broke, and let me tell you, it ain't no picknick. Flying an rj does nothing for your piloting skills, if you don't believe me then go jump in a twin by yourself in the ice and rain and let me know if you make it back alive.

Yawn.....
I am bored with this thread. Let me know when this guy can upgrade to Captain. I am sure with 1175 hours it will be a few years before he even has enough hours to qualify.

You think the CAPT program isn't paying your dues??? We were taught to not break regs and fly like cowboys. Real pilots fly by the rules.. That training is unreal

Latest resources

Back