• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FO's for life

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like you are on the same track I was about 6 months ago when I had 300 hours. Buddy if you stick it out, you will upgrade within a year to captain. I am planning on six months dude...cant wait

Me thinks I smell Flame-Bait.

But, just in case:
  1. Nothing wrong about guys/gals getting hired at 1000/100
  2. If you got hired with that experience you ARE NOT and you DO NOT have anywhere near the experience level or decision making capablilties of someone who flew single-pilot, real-world, IFR, all-weather missions. PERIOD!
  3. Most of us who did, have our opinions about it, but will welcome you into the fold, with no qualms
  4. You might get a bit of good natured ribbing
  5. A few @ssholes might make you feel inferior to them, but that is their issue, not yours
  6. You just have to take it like a man and not complain about it or make excuses about how good your training was
  7. Do your job
  8. Be humble
  9. Lear from the pilots you fly with, even if they are pieces of work
And that's all I have to say about that.

Fly Safe.

-JP

Straightwing69,

Don't listen to those fools.

You know the deal. Flying a jet whether it's a CRJ, ERJ or Boeing - you can still tell your friends you fly a JET. We all know the laymen think that jets require more experience and competency than the training wheel pistons or TPs.

I say good for you straightwing69. 135 is dangerous and risky and most of the time you don't wear the prestigious pilot uniform, epaulets and all. That's enough reason not to apply for a 135 job. No freakin uniform! Now how the heck am I supposed to convince a hot babe at the bar or at Walmart that I'm a hot shot pilot. It's bad enough I can't claim to fly a jet like a professional pilot does. Instead I tool around in some beatup twin with EGT's ready to blow.

Okay, so how's my counter flamebait? ;)

Straightwing69
Why not classify what part 135 you are talking about. I fly 135 sometimes and I do a hell of a lot more training than you do and can GUARENTEE it. I flew at a regional once. Dont think you are better than anyone else just because you fly an RJ and got hired with 300 hours. go back to being the gear B!CH.

If youre a freight fo for life at least youll end up acting like the guy sitting next to you, some smoked a$$ jbrake really emphasizing everything you already know, especially how to do an intersection departure or a how manage your life in general!

Last edited:
AMEN dickburns, all those guys do is break their arms patting themselves on the back for busting mins on an approach that was on a dead leg home and not get paid any extra for it. Atleast when we over night we can pick up hotel chicks, which a freight dawg wouldnt even consider, he would be at the FBO all night bragging how he dodged a level 5 down final and broke out at 10 feet up...

btw straightwing, I noticed you mentioned J Brake, you ever fly your RJ into KDAB? Bill J Brake works down there, he is far and away the BEST fueler in the business. I've seen him marshall planes while holding a Dr Pepper in one hand and a cig butt in the other. He can fuel a lear, BALANCED, faster than any freight hole I've been too. Above that, the guy knows aviation. He can quote you regs, ops specs, he even knows some of the rules of the FLOPS manuals of the top regional carriers.

A legend, really. Next time you get a KDAB turn, make sure to ask for Bill J Brake to fuel your shiny RJ.

The one time we got a trip down there he flipped on me for parking my falcon near the fuel truck, even though customs was next to the jet center and we had to clear inbound jbrake just never understood. Then he wanted to sit inside the bird because he said it reminded him of driving a truck, started poking around at all the freight on board trying to open the boxes and what not. I don't think we'd even let him in the freight world he's that bad.

Last edited:
135 is dangerous and risky and most of the time you don't wear the prestigious pilot uniform, epaulets and all. That's enough reason not to apply for a 135 job. No freakin uniform! Now how the heck am I supposed to convince a hot babe at the bar or at Walmart that I'm a hot shot pilot. It's bad enough I can't claim to fly a jet like a professional pilot does. Instead I tool around in some beatup twin with EGT's ready to blow.

Okay, so how's my counter flamebait? ;)

Nice one bro!

Latest resources

Back