Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former Tranny bidding SW Captain prior to 2015?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. Next question!

No, I'm too busy with your mom.

Ask a stupid question....

PCL, how do you know she's not dead?
Feel free to take shots back at me.

Just a thought. Since the announcement of the sale of the B717's would that not void or at least open the SL's for amendment and/or changes since much of the agreement was based on the incorporation of the B717?

The agreement was NOT based on the incorporation of the 717.

To wit: the possibility of the 717 not being incorporated is included as part of the agreement.

The agreement was NOT based on the incorporation of the 717.

To wit: the possibility of the 717 not being incorporated is included as part of the agreement.

The 717 was way too automated for SWA to realistically incorporate into their airline. Boeing would not agree to cover the number of switches, rename the buttons that had "auto" to either on or off, remove the printer, replace the ISIS with a mechanical standby attitude indicator and lastly install a second set of NAV radios, so the pilots can manually tune on the center pedestal. While SWA claims it was a business decision to get rid of the plane, we all know better.

That airframe will come back to haunt WN from the other side of concourse C. Look for Big D to put a 717 on every city that WN flies to out of ATL that's east of DEN, and matching or bettering WN's fares. With GK payin the lease for them, why not?

Guess nobody told Anderson you can't make munny with a 717

I wasn't able to find a definition of "equitably" that fit the historic behavior. Perhaps "cunningly" or "virulently" would be a better fit ?

Always happy to help. ;)

Latest resources

Back