Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former Tranny bidding SW Captain prior to 2015?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You mean like this:

This message is hidden because Cometman is on your ignore list.

:D

Yeah, that one... :D

Can't abide someone who lies for months about their identity in an attempt to create the "illusion" of neutrality, yet slings mud continuously without adding anything helpful to the discussion, then when found out, just continues to do it.

At least the other Southwest pilots who debate me own up to who they are, and I respect that. It's much easier to respect someone with differing viewpoints if they're honest and forthright about it, even if it gets heated from time to time. That's simply healthy debate, which is usually a good thing if it helps you understand the other person's viewpoint, even if you still don't necessarily agree.

We're all going to have to work together for many years to come; keeping it honest and respectful without lies, threats, disrespect, and intimidation will go a long way towards getting past this and all pulling in the same direction (eventually).

:beer:

On flightinfo most of the debate is without respect for an actual person on the other end of the computer, because the nature of this board is sport, and blowing off steam. If you take it too seriously in the long wrong it bites you in the ass.

I'm glad this guy is suing. We needed a replacement since they struck a deal with the nekkid pilot.

:uzi: :crying:

You mean like this:

This message is hidden because Cometman is on your ignore list.

:D

Who are you trying to convince? Both you and Lear read every post on here no matter who writes it. You both need to see what people are saying about you because you are insecure. You can say we are on your ignore list but we all know you read everything.

I understand that also, but there's also a max indemnification of $1 Million per person if memory serves, so technically they COULD sue named individuals (and have), but even if they got an award (which I doubt), ALPA is only on the hook for $1 Million each and, as you said, would handle their defense, whether with in-house attorneys or hiring outside counsel as necessary.

The $1 million is just the default amount that everyone is automatically covered for just by being elected. Whenever some big case comes up that could get someone held liable for something more than that amount, the BOD ratifies a resolution to cover them for whatever the amount is. In practice, there is no limit. ALPA isn't going to allow a representative to be held personally liable for damages.

I understand that, but aren't they still specifically-named on the suit currently pending?

No, they're not named as defendants. They are named within the body of the complaint, but that's just narrative. The only named defendants are ALPA International and Captain Moak. I don't know why, but Haber always names the ALPA President when he files a suit, even though he knows by now that he's indemnified.

No, they're not named as defendants. They are named within the body of the complaint, but that's just narrative. The only named defendants are ALPA International and Captain Moak. I don't know why, but Haber always names the ALPA President when he files a suit, even though he knows by now that he's indemnified.

Another case of Lear70 running his mouth when he doesn't know what he is talking about. PCL has to teach him everything. Maybe now he will stop preaching something he knows nothing about. Where is the case law you told everybody about? Ignoring me won't make it go away. We all know you read everything.

The $1 million is just the default amount that everyone is automatically covered for just by being elected. Whenever some big case comes up that could get someone held liable for something more than that amount, the BOD ratifies a resolution to cover them for whatever the amount is. In practice, there is no limit. ALPA isn't going to allow a representative to be held personally liable for damages.
Ah, I didn't know that; it's not in the by-laws that they *WILL*, but it's not prohibited either, so guess there's no reason they can't. Good to know, thanks. :)

I read that part, but didn't realize that it was because the AAI ALPA MEC couldn't be named legally. Again, good information, thanks.

Another case of Lear70 running his mouth when he doesn't know what he is talking about. PCL has to teach him everything. Maybe now he will stop preaching something he knows nothing about. Where is the case law you told everybody about? Ignoring me won't make it go away. We all know you read everything.

Just know this, Cometman: even if Lear makes the occasional mistake, he's still head and shoulders above your elementary-school level intellect. Now go back to mommy's basement. It's nap time.

Latest resources

Back