• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former Freedumb A lister gets booted...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, you have to admire a guy who is remembered so well by so many. Anybody can get a job, to have legendary status, good or bad, is priceless!

He was recently hired flying E190's overseas...and getting paid 2-3 times more than the majority of the posters on this thread.

Said person came to the USA under UN refugee status. Most of his issues were not operational, but cultural. Cockpit conflicts had a lot to do with cultural issues, (especially with female FOs); the other of English not being his first language. The LAX incident is representative of this.

The DEN incident is one we fear the most. Overconfident Captain with a non-assertive FO. They/we are fortunate they didn't kill everyone on board. Good call on the confrontation by the F9 crew.

I have spoken with him several times. A really nice guy, overall. Not worthy of the 6th grade playground banter posted here. My hope is that he has learned from these incidents and is a better pilot.

Back to your kickball and wooden sword fights, lads....

Swing away...

T8

He was recently hired flying E190's overseas...and getting paid 2-3 times more than the majority of the posters on this thread.

Said person came to the USA under UN refugee status. Most of his issues were not operational, but cultural. Cockpit conflicts had a lot to do with cultural issues, (especially with female FOs); the other of English not being his first language. The LAX incident is representative of this.

The DEN incident is one we fear the most. Overconfident Captain with a non-assertive FO. They/we are fortunate they didn't kill everyone on board. Good call on the confrontation by the F9 crew.

I have spoken with him several times. A really nice guy, overall. Not worthy of the 6th grade playground banter posted here. My hope is that he has learned from these incidents and is a better pilot.

Swing away...

T8

I flew with him quite a bit when he was FO. You're right...he was a nice guy. I actually enjoyed drinking beer with him away from work. But as far as flying, I could see why he'd be a terror as a Captain. It was easy to keep him in check when he was in the right seat but I would be hesitant to put him in charge. He didn't have a whole lot of tact when dealing with FAs and I could only imagine how he would treat the FOs.... Maybe it is a cultural thing, but if you are going to treat people like that, you better have some skill to fall back on.

I flew with him quite a bit when he was FO. You're right...he was a nice guy. I actually enjoyed drinking beer with him away from work. But as far as flying, I could see why he'd be a terror as a Captain. It was easy to keep him in check when he was in the right seat but I would be hesitant to put him in charge. He didn't have a whole lot of tact when dealing with FAs and I could only imagine how he would treat the FOs.... Maybe it is a cultural thing, but if you are going to treat people like that, you better have some skill to fall back on.

It was a bad blend...his culturally paternalistic background with a few induced mistakes. In his culture, once you've attained stature or office, you are not to be questioned by subordinates. It cost him a job. You cant have that kind of cockpit culture.

It's a shame, because he is a nice guy.

Mesa to Republic. Classic. One scum operator to another.

Wait..You worked for Colgan,right ? So NOW you're taking the moral high ground ? And Surf,you're telling me Piedmont is defending the profession,right ? Bwahahah ! Losers !

It was a bad blend...his culturally paternalistic background with a few induced mistakes. In his culture, once you've attained stature or office, you are not to be questioned by subordinates. It cost him a job. You cant have that kind of cockpit culture.

It's a shame, because he is a nice guy.

He didn't get fired because he was a nice guy-he was a train wreck with zero flying skills.But making three times as much overseas makes this ok because ??? What exactly ?

Swing away...

T8

What's the DEN incident? Did that have to do with this same guy?

Last edited:
A nice guy? He's mentally ill. I would be too if I witnessed most of my family murdered by crazy african death squads. It doesn't change the fact that he had no place in a cockpit.

Good for him!!! I rarely post on this msg board but S**T head D.O. getting canned again is a reason to celebrate. Haven't heard about him in about fifteen years, we can only hope he has moved on overseas!!! CHEERS

Latest resources

Back