• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For you ALPA bashers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does the caviar really taste that good? Gonna let the ALPAphiles vote on their president yet?

I voted on him, April 17th.

Rez, you want to be in the circle of trust. I know ya do. All ya gotta do is submit to the pilot vote. I know, I know. Its scary to think you might not be smarter than all the pilots put together. :D
You are right.

Does the caviar really taste that good?

Never seen caviar at an ALPA function, and I've been to a whole hell of a lot of them.

Gonna let the ALPAphiles vote on their president yet?

As far as I'm concerned, there are already far too many people voting for the national officers. A few hundred Status Reps vote for the candidates, many of whom have never even met the candidates or bothered to call or email them. If it was up to me, the Executive Board would elect the national officers. At least all 38 EXBD members know the candidates well and know what is involved in the positions.

Just who do you think a union is going to favor? The senior guys or the junior ones? So, in fact, if I were looking after my own bum, maybe I would be pushing for that ever so coveted union pin... BTW, we have industry-leading 190 pay now...Isn't Airtran still looking for a contract after 5 years? Ask a CAL pilot how satisfied they are with their contracts. Do they get pay-protected for precancelled flights? How good are the paychecks and benefits at Spirit and Allegiant? How many are being furloughed at UPS? I could go on...

We've gotta get some of your facts straight. First, Airtran was unsuccessful with their in-house union and voted in ALPA to help with their 5 year stalemate with managment. That's pretty telling when a pilot group is willing to reject their own union for an international union with more power, money and experience.

Second, regarding your other post about the $44 million dollar UA pilot settlement. It was NOT a judgement against ALPA, it was a settlement. Most of it (80%) is covered by insurance and the remainder will be levied against United Airlines after their court case is completed. ALPA will not be paying the bulk of the settlement.

You've gotta get your facts straight, don't just bash ALPA out of pure ignorance.

What's a going on at US Airways

Well we got a lot of voices howling in the night at US Airways. Kinda like a coon hunt, ceptin without the likker.

We gots the offcial USAPA comm channel and we got a few West boards and now we got

ThePilotSurveyor.com

Unfactualbias.com

Now me I just wanna have back a Piedmont Pride of the South board for all us bubbas. All this fuss n'stuff wouldn't be goin on if we was still under flying the pacemakers.

Latest resources

Back