• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For you ALPA bashers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bill, ignore Blue. He has his Bus captain seat and believes Dave Barger will always take care of him, so F the rest of us. Never mind our market cap is completely stagnant and the 'jet-blue experience' is being surpassed by Virgin, CO, and even DL to some extent. (The preceeding statement is NA when competing routes are flown by 20-yr-old CRJs btw....). The ALPA drive is slowly gaining steam here.

Go in house as far as unions go. ALPA DOES NOT have your best interests in mind. All they see is more money for. . . . . . . you guessed it! ALPA National's own management.

Just keep voting no Blue and see what that gets you.....

Sure you can laugh and let ALPA plow the way for better rules since you work the FARs. No Contract=no protection. Maybe a Republic style merger is in your future Hero!!

I'm sure the senators and goverment agencies take a Jetblue pilots input to the bank when issues like Fight-time duty time come up or low-time pilot issues...

If jerkhole postings were a contest, you'd win hands down!!:D

Better work rules? Yeah that has worked well here at CAL. ALPA sold us our current POS which is no better then the FARS.

It's interesting that a good contract is attributed to ALPA and a bad one is attributed to the MEC.

I don't think it was ALPA, it was your own MEC!

Thats true, BUT ALPA signed off on it. So much for "we are ALPA" They don't listen to us one bit. We are merely a cash machine for them. IF ALPA screws us on this next contract that not only will I do everything in my power to ensure ALPA is history for CAL I'll also make sure that my dues at the end of the year are donated to charity rather then to Praters pay check.

I'm not anti-union, not even anti-ALPA. However ALPA totes itself as being the end all, be all of of the professional pilot and working without rest to further my career. I have yet to see that. What I do see, is ALPA voting for the age 65 change (against what the majority of its pilots wanted) and generally not concerning itself with junior pilots. I am tired of my "elected" union officials worrying only about themseleves and the senior pilots at CAL. The very senior pilots that by all rights shouldn't be here at all. Time will tell I guess. I do wear my ALPA pin, but until I see ALPA working for me instead of taking $150.00 per month of my pay check and sending me a stupid magazine I will continue to wear my ALPA pin upside down.

Go in house as far as unions go.

Been there, done that. It's a disaster. ALPA isn't perfect, but if you elect good people at the local level, then you'll do far better with ALPA than you'll ever be able to do "in house."

Bill, ignore Blue. He has his Bus captain seat and believes Dave Barger will always take care of him, so F the rest of us. Never mind our market cap is completely stagnant and the 'jet-blue experience' is being surpassed by Virgin, CO, and even DL to some extent. (The preceeding statement is NA when competing routes are flown by 20-yr-old CRJs btw....). The ALPA drive is slowly gaining steam here.

Just who do you think a union is going to favor? The senior guys or the junior ones? So, in fact, if I were looking after my own bum, maybe I would be pushing for that ever so coveted union pin... BTW, we have industry-leading 190 pay now...Isn't Airtran still looking for a contract after 5 years? Ask a CAL pilot how satisfied they are with their contracts. Do they get pay-protected for precancelled flights? How good are the paychecks and benefits at Spirit and Allegiant? How many are being furloughed at UPS? I could go on...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back