Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For those of you who are thinking of voting for Kerry...........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jeff Helgeson said:
I don't care who you vote for or why, I just hate flawed reasoning......

If we follow your faulty reasoning, you do not support your union (if you are an ALPA member) since ALPA has endorsed Kerry. I guess by your post you must be a union-buster or a SCAB?! But that would be using the logic you employed or the lack there of.

Use your vote misely, vote your conscience, just don't be idiot in a public forum.
Just because one is a member of ALPA, and ALPA endorses Kerry, doesn't mean that the same individual must vote in the same as his/her union. Hence the word INDIVIDUAL. Just because one votes opposite of the union's endorsement, doesn't make that individual a scab. Get it right.

LTG

Tim47SIP said:
100% of the pilots cant stand Kerry or the Dem party.
You must fly with a strange group. Around 20% of those I've flown with vote Democratic or are Republicans who won't vote for Dubya.

TWA Dood

You must fly with a strange group. Around 20% of those I've flown with vote Democratic or are Republicans who won't vote for Dubya.

20% seems low as well. I would have thought that the number would have been much greater than 20% considering ALPA's stance on the subject. And you are right, I do fly with a strange group, but they are a great bunch of professionals. I am sure the guys and gals you fly with are the same. Good luck to you.;)

T-Gates,

you are my hero!!!!

nice pic of the Shorty blasting the sounds barrier!!!!

you are right, "anyone can fly a round airplane"!!!!

guam

AlGore and Joe Leiberman chartered a Spirit DC9 last election. I believe that they also charted a 75 from elsewhere. Joe Lieberman made a good impression and gained some votes from his decency and manners.

You'd think that Kerry would have the good sense to avoid non-ALPA carriers for his charter.

But then again, he's just another "Listen to what I say, don't watch what I do" liberal. I'm danged tired of hearing limo-libs tell me that my SUV is ruining the environment but that they need their SUV. Their actions don't match their words and I can't stand em.

I may vote Libertarian(regardless of my avatar, that's a slap at Woerth), but I most certainly won't be voting for the Two Johns.

enigma

Last edited:
I think the problem is that pilots fancy themselves as members of the upper-class, but won't admit that we're blue-collar workers who owe the advances we've made to organized labor. I see pilots that blindly cheer the tax cuts while 80% of the benefit goes to people in tax brackets that don't include pilots (Except you Delta guys :) ) I'm all for smaller government, but Bush hasn't delivered. Meanwhile he's running up half a trillion dollars a year in new debt. I'd vote for a well trained monkey over Bush, but absent that choice I've got to go with Kerry.

Last edited:
That is the point I was making!

Long Time Gone said:
Just because one is a member of ALPA, and ALPA endorses Kerry, doesn't mean that the same individual must vote in the same as his/her union. Hence the word INDIVIDUAL. Just because one votes opposite of the union's endorsement, doesn't make that individual a scab. Get it right.

LTG
I have it right. I was using that as an example of the type of logic the original poster used to come to his conclussion. They are both flawed lines of reasoning.

For the record, both parties have used non-union carriers in the past on the campaign trail.

I thought it ironic the original poster would use the union status of an airline to chose a candidate or make a point when the union (ALPA) endorses the opposite candidate!

Personally, I think they all suck, but I will cast my vote because it is my civil duty.......so let's just keep it civil!

Last edited:
Someone mentioned they didn't think ATA would drop a 757 for John Kerry. Well of course not GOD D@MN IT! Why would they do anything for that scumbag. The next thing you know if they flew for Kerry, they'd be buying Airbus!

Watched the debates, and it just confirmed my opinion of politicians : they evade the real questions, and prefer to bash the opponent. Pathetic.

I am not a supporter of either party , and would rather vote for someone who stands for his ideas than those of some good ol' boys in blue or red ties. Somebody like John McCain for example.

Now, another thing that disgusts me is the amount of money spent by both candidates campaigning. When you look at the budget, the increase in healthcare costs, the loss of jobs in the last three years, the pay cuts in the police force and the military... many places to inject some needed money instead of spending it on making insulting commercials.

-- Blasted off, got inverted, the instructor said please I just had breakfast, went for the ILS, landed it CAT III, smiled to the cute young F/A, sleepless nights in Hong-Kong and Rio...and still trying to pay my bills --

As much as I loathe Kerry, I will not jump on this to criticize him, here's my reasoning:

I'll bet any of you hard core ALPA drum-beaters would buy a ticket on a non-union carrier if it was $150 cheaper and you had to get your family of four somewhere.

Latest resources

Back