Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For those of you who are thinking of voting for Kerry...........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nimtz said:
How many charter companies similiar to Trans Meridian are available that offer the type of service a presidental candidate needs in air travel and have a pilot union? I don't think ATA would drop a 757 and reconfigure it, so do you know somebody else? Help me out cause I can't think of one. I have more objections to any standing president spending my tax dollars using Air Force One to go to political fundraisers or cheesy campaign photo ops.
North American. We flew Bush for campaign 2000. We are union.

BTW, I just mailed in my absentee ballot and I voted for BUSH.

Last edited:
Lets see, we at ATA are losing money, have too many airplanes and have some sitting around looking for work. Yeah, I bet this company with a rich history in special charters, including around the world charters in special configurations might have been able to spare an aircraft for the campaign.
BTW, all presidents, including the current one have to pay a fee to use AF-1 on the campaign trail. It doesn't cover all the expenses but it does level the playing field cost wise.
Somehow, my union supports Kerry who is flying a non union carrier while most of us are losing money, hmmm.

Actually Nimitz the Pres. must reimburse the govt. for his non-official flying. That is what I pay for when I donate to his campaign. I assure that all pres. pay as they go if it is for campaigning.

Murf

Benhuntn said:
Actually Nimitz the Pres. must reimburse the govt. for his non-official flying. That is what I pay for when I donate to his campaign. I assure that all pres. pay as they go if it is for campaigning.

Murf
I stand corrected then, but the definition of 'non-official' probably gets blurred especially when Clinton was around. Course if I were the party boss I would make the president fly the 75, but that's why I'm not in politics. My buddy works AF 1's deployment schedules so I should probably just ask him next time.

Well...All I know is that Kerry can't figure out if he is coming or going. Talk about a guy with a TERRIBLE track record. All you have to do is look at his attendance in the Senate. Ya'll better look that over before you vote for Numb Knots Kerry.... I back BUSH all the way! Atleast he has the Balls to stand up for this country while Kerry would still be trying to figure out what suit or tie to wear!!!

...Jonny, step away from that window....

BTW, I just mailed in my absentee ballot and I voted for Kerry.

And that is news? Never would have guessed.:eek:

One thing that I do find puzzeling. Over the last year, I have flown with well over 50 pilots and FA's. 100% of the pilots cant stand Kerry or the Dem party. Probably 30-40% of the FA's support Kerry. The Pilots are a mix of mil and civ, while the FA's are 100% civ and much younger on average than the pilots. With ALPA supporting Kerry, and many of the comments I see here on this board, I find it interesting to say the least, that not one pilot that I have personally interacted with has supported Kerry. I know there out there, I see their posts here and on the ALPA boards. I just wonder what the real percentage of ALPA pilots that will vote for Kerry. It would be interesting to find out.

P.S. Absentee ballot went out last week. Voted for Bush.

Latest resources

Back