Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For those of you who are thinking of voting for Kerry...........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
For those of you who are thinking of voting for John Kerry because he is friendly towards airline labor, I had the distinct "privelage" shall we say of watching his campaing B757 touchdown at PHX yesterday morning. His airline of choice?
Transmeridian Airlines .....a NON-UNION AIRLINE !! Duane Woerth and his minions
at ALPA endorse this guy and this is the thanks they get....Nice, real nice!

PHXFLYR:cool:

PHXFLYR said:
For those of you who are thinking of voting for John Kerry because he is friendly towards airline labor, I had the distinct "privelage" shall we say of watching his campaing B757 touchdown at PHX yesterday morning. His airline of choice?

How many charter companies similiar to Trans Meridian are available that offer the type of service a presidental candidate needs in air travel and have a pilot union? I don't think ATA would drop a 757 and reconfigure it, so do you know somebody else? Help me out cause I can't think of one. I have more objections to any standing president spending my tax dollars using Air Force One to go to political fundraisers or cheesy campaign photo ops.

Other candidates in the past chartered aircraft from U.S. major airlines, such as UAL, AAL, DAL, etc. I guess those companies couldn't spare one now, though, eh?

America West used to operate a specially configured 737-100 series aircraft for the PHX Suns basketball team several years back. I'm sure if the price was right and given todays revenue enviroment,they would have done it again if asked.

nimtz said:
I have more objections to any standing president spending my tax dollars using Air Force One to go to political fundraisers or cheesy campaign photo ops.
Don't get your panties in a wad, every President has done this with Air Force One.

PHXFLYR said:

His running mate flys around in a chartered Champion 727, an ALPA carrier.....

As I recall, back in 2000 Dubya used a North American Airlines 757 for his campaign. Of all the reasons one can come up with to slam Kerry this doesn't deserve any heed. (I don't recall giving a crud about Dubya's choice either.)

BTW, I just mailed in my absentee ballot and I voted for Kerry.

180ToTheMarker said:
Don't get your panties in a wad, every President has done this with Air Force One.
Hence why I used the word 'ANY'. Trust me my aggrevation with that issue was just as much with Clinton as it ever will be with Bush. Just don't like to see my tax dollars p!ssed away while the president eats shrimp and shakes some donors hand. The TSA is already doing more then enough to waste my money with expensive parties.

I think TWADUDE is right, we don't know the dynamics of who had a 75 available, at what price, and at what service level. Somehow I think running a presidential candidate around is alot bit more dynamic then moving Charles Barkley and Kevin Johnson around on an East Coast roadtrip. Plus in this day and age of instant political scandal, I bet that using a large, scheduled 121 airline for a campaign plane would result in major headaches if there turned out to be a significant merger/union related issue that came to head during the president's term of office.

Last edited:
Your reasoning is flawed!

PHXFLYR said:

I don't care who you vote for or why, I just hate flawed reasoning.

TWA Dude is correct about Bush and just about all other presidential candidates for that matter. So there is no logical connection to your reasoning as far as deciding your vote based on the airline a candidate choses.

More importantly, one should look at the track record of the President in office towards airlines and airline labor.

If we follow your faulty reasoning, you do not support your union (if you are an ALPA member) since ALPA has endorsed Kerry. I guess by your post you must be a union-buster or a SCAB?! But that would be using the logic you employed or the lack there of.

Use your vote misely, vote your conscience, just don't be idiot in a public forum.

Latest resources

Back