Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For Those About to Vote/Not Vote ALPA At SkyWest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this is true with ALPA as well. anyone who thinks that ALPA will come on board and start dictating to SGU is living in fantasy land.

That is not what I said and it's also misses the point of what union representation is about.

The point of my post is that management at Skywest counts on the pilots asking themselves whether they are better off with SAPA or ALPA representing them.

SAPA in no way represents the pilots at Skywest. They do as they are told. They sign where they are told and when. They can huff and puff and make a scene and it means nothing.

If you sell the idea of "SAPA representation" hard enough, people buy into it and get hung up on the rhetoric. This is exactly what management wanted when they created SAPA. It keeps people focused on other things

You make up your mind yourself about how it may or may not be different with ALPA. I didn't say anything about it.

Alot of the SAPA guys care deeply about the state of affairs at Skywest and got into SAPA to try to effect change. I've spoken with them personally about their frustrations in trying to get things done.

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH THEY STAND UP TO MANAGEMENT. SAPA is a smokescreen designed to make it seem to the pilots that they have representation and to placate them. People need to stop blaming SAPA and take responsibility for themselves.

SAPA was created by and is funded by management. Management dictates what is given and when and no amount of "standing up" to them will change this.

Good point!! One other thing to keep in mind... SAPA is also an illegal company funded bargaining agent. This will be argued in court in December, and based upon the Judge's comments it doesn't look good for "SAPA". The company will basically have three choices: 1) Disband and eliminate SAPA. 2) Certify SAPA as an independent and legitimate union. 3) Certify or let the pilots certify another pre-existing union (ALPA, Teamsters, UFCW local 135) as the collective bargaining agent for the SkyWest pilots.

Interesting times ahead for sure at SkyWest!!

P.S. anybody got any good scuttlebutt from the United/ATR meeting in Chicago. I wonder if there is a new turboprop coming to SkyWest, or LAX and SFO domiciles for ASA. I believe they already have the right certificate.

Lots of people love to fly. You know you can rent a cessna. Not all of us have "side work" or the time for it. For many of us this is our livelyhood and we want it to be the best it can be. If ALPA coming on property is a reason for you to leave....good riddance.
why rent a cessna? I own my own plane... I enjoy airline flying as well.

You mean your DADDY owns your own plane, or do you mean you own a SHARE in a flying club?

SAPA is the same as the SCHOOL STUDENT COUNCIL, they make promises and have good intentions, yet the Principal sits in his/her office and chuckles to themself.

Medeco

this is true with ALPA as well. anyone who thinks that ALPA will come on board and start dictating to SGU is living in fantasy land.

Just did it. ASA Tentative Agreement. Jerry said there would be "no deal" prior to the Skywest AlPA vote. Done. How about stepping up to the plate Skynation? Count on Skynation NOT fighting for Skywest pilots.

Trojan

You mean your DADDY owns your own plane, or do you mean you own a SHARE in a flying club?

SAPA is the same as the SCHOOL STUDENT COUNCIL, they make promises and have good intentions, yet the Principal sits in his/her office and chuckles to themself.

Medeco
i mean i (singular) bought it so i could teach my dad how to fly. working hard has benefits.

i mean i (singular) bought it so i could teach my dad how to fly. working hard has benefits.

Funny, we have a few guys in Sapa that also say they are working hard and it has benefits. They are guaranteed 105 hours of Captain pay a month even if they arent captains to do lunch with St. George. They probably have cessnas too. They also have the luxury of days off to fly their Cessnas. How ironic

Last edited:
Funny, we have a few guys in Sapa that also so they are working hard and it had benefits. They are guaranteed 105 hours of Captain pay a month even if they arent captains to do lunch with St. George. They probably have cessnas too. They also have the luxury of days off to fly thier Cessnas. How ironic
That is ironic. Im just a regular line holding fo however.

PS- Anybody know what CFIT's real name is? PM me. Thanks.

PM sent with name and number.

Will you reply in kind?

And yes I am a lca but don't use it much these days......

Last edited:
Jon,
As an F/O, you cannot afford any kind of plane except the paper kind, but then sitting at the table with your dad folding sheets of paper must be kinda fun. You guys go out to #2 for the flight practice?
PBR

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back