Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For Those About to Vote/Not Vote ALPA At SkyWest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well folks it has become clear why our friend CFIT is so protective of his precious Sapa, at the expense of the majority (those outside the Sapa clan) of his fellow pilots. You will see I asked this individual above if he was a check airman and he dodged the question and mislead in true Sapa fashion by saying he was not a LCP. I then asked if he was in the training dept. He ignored that question all together. This guy is I'm sorry to report, a company lapdog. He IS tight with Brad Holt even to the point of defending the guy who has so many times went back on his word to the detriment of most skywest pilots.

CFIT is in the training dept and is a check airman. He is in bed with Brad Holt and has a nice thing going for HIMSELF. This individual defends HIS quality of life and HIS pay and HIS days off. He has been witnessed several time bragging about his check airman pay and the flexability it affords him. He uses his position in a round about way to threaten ALPA supporters. Please understand this guy is in this profession for himself and himself only. DO NOT EVER go to battle thinking this guy has got your back under any circumstances. Just at that point in battle when you really need him you will turn around and he will be gone. He's a selfish, company branded, sell you under the river kind of guy period. I wont tell you his name right now (you can PM me) but it rhymns with Ike Fencer. Nuff said?!

If you know who this is and how he so many times has defended even the most outlandish actions by management you will know why all this anti alpa rhetoric adds up to nothing more than pure greed and smoke and mirrors to protect the lifestyle (that most skywest pilots will never share because of guys like him) he enjoys as a maggot to our industry and pilot group.

A recent quote from CFIT:

"I have worked around Brad many times, given him check rides, and can say that he has done a very good job of balancing the company standpoint and the pilots needs."

Is this the way most Skywest pilots see Brad? Does it concern you at all that this guy is a part of Sapa, the organization that is supposed to represent you? See any confilcts of interest when this guy is doing lunch with and getting paid directly by the guy who has acted in such bad faith with this pilot group?

Have many of you noticed this same thing with J Black and others who seem so out of touch with what representing the pilots means?

In summation SAPA sucks worse than ALPA and alot of the biggest anti alpa meatheads are protecting the lifestyle that sapa provides them and them alone.

Last edited:
OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH NO YOU DIDNT!!!!!!!!

CFIT is in the training dept and is a check airman. He is in bed with Brad Holt and has a nice thing going for HIMSELF. This individual defends HIS quality of life and HIS pay and HIS days off. He has been witnessed several time bragging about his check airman pay and the flexability it affords him. He uses his position in a round about way to threaten ALPA supporters. Please understand this guy is in this profession for himself and himself only. DO NOT EVER go to battle thinking this guy has got your back under any circumstances. Just at that point in battle when you really need him you will turn around and he will be gone. He's a selfish, company branded, sell you under the river kind of guy period. I wont tell you his name right now (you can PM me) but it rhymns with Ike Fencer. Nuff said?!

If you know who this is and how he so many times has defended even the most outlandish actions by management you will know why all this anti alpa rhetoric adds up to nothing more than pure greed and smoke and mirrors to protect the lifestyle (that most skywest pilots will never share because of guys like him) he enjoys as a maggot to our industry and pilot group.

i see your point. i did read it though. I believe the trade off is not worth it. I dont see alpa doing much for ASA, mesa or other regionals. I have been at an alpa regional before. I am happy here- without alpa

DUDE,

The Jury is still out on ALPA and ASA. ALPA national has provided ASA MEC with $4million to fight this battle. And it is still going on.

Jerry and friends are playing the NMB card to the best of their ablility. It may be good or it may not.

BOTTOM LINE, if you guys dont vote in AlPA at SKYWEST, then you have not only screwed yourselves, but youve screwed ASA pilots, and you screwed every other pilot in the industry.

ALPA does so much more that is intangible, you have not even begun to thing that deep.

OPEN YOUR EYES, do some research.

Medeco

1. and ive been here for 2 years... you can now say how i dont know the industry ill change my mind... ive been in the business long enough... i knew the pay and work rules when i took the job.. SkyWest is and will always be better than most alpa regionals. you cannot argue that.. alpa is a poweless dying artifact of the way things used to be.

continue hating... oh and who do i thank for the lunches?
You are still a $ack of canine fecal material!

Last edited:
If there are any SAPA reps trolling here- you honestly wouldn't be in the position of defending yourselves if myself and others saw you stand up to SGU A L O T more often. Some might view ALPA as a necessary evil. As usual in the looming union drive we finally see percieved changes in QOL (sked+). If for no other reason- it takes a union drive to get you to do your elected job- I'll send a damn card in every 2 yrs.

Alot of the SAPA guys care deeply about the state of affairs at Skywest and got into SAPA to try to effect change. I've spoken with them personally about their frustrations in trying to get things done.

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH THEY STAND UP TO MANAGEMENT. SAPA is a smokescreen designed to make it seem to the pilots that they have representation and to placate them. People need to stop blaming SAPA and take responsibility for themselves.

SAPA was created by and is funded by management. Management dictates what is given and when and no amount of "standing up" to them will change this.

Management dictates what is given and when and no amount of "standing up" to them will change this.

this is true with ALPA as well. anyone who thinks that ALPA will come on board and start dictating to SGU is living in fantasy land.

My vote = NO, ALPA needs to fix thier own ship before boarding ours. (MESA, Trans States, Usairways, etc.). Please don't vote in a instant 2% pay cut.

It is tax deductable.....

Besides you get to join a professional organization.

Does the SAPA have a code of ethics? One of the definitions of a professional is a code of ethics.

Please offer a critical analysis of the benefits of ALPA in WashDC that SKYW pilots enjoy....if you can.

this is true with ALPA as well. anyone who thinks that ALPA will come on board and start dictating to SGU is living in fantasy land.

You're right. But with ALPA you get to particapte in democracy. With SAPA and Jerry its take it or leave it....

As an American I support democracy! What do you support?

why thank you sir... I am here because alpa is not. should alpa somehow come on property- I may look elsewhere for employ- or just continue my side work. I have always been self employed and proud of it. I have done well. I am at skywest because I love flying. I dont intend on flying the jet- I prefer props. I intend to stay non union- or in house (SWA) thank you for challenging my integrity.

should i thank alpa for the internet too? oh no that was al gore

Glad the custodians of the profession can make a nice opportunity for you.... what are you doing to help?

Managment likes guys like you because you come and go freely... Whenever it becomes too much for you...you bail out. Not dedicated. Hobby jobs are nice.... I guess, I don't know... I've always been a dedicated professional. Jerry likes a new guy at first year pay that will replace you. That means inexperienced guys who don't understand the politics of Air Line Pilot Careers keep coming in.

Latest resources

Back