Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For Those About to Vote/Not Vote ALPA At SkyWest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its been tried time and again for over a decade. Other than when skywest was willing to keep the group at the top of the industry the first couple years of operation, Sapa has been a miserable failure. The very nature of Sapa and the fact they get funding from management to operate ensures it will never completely represent the everyday line pilot. Time to quit waisting energy pretending Sapa is the answer. Time to go another direction.

I'll second the motion!!!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aCke89dDAcbU

U.S. Plan to Ease Airline Union Organizing Said to Be Advancing

Oct. 29 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. carriers including Delta Air Lines Inc. will have a harder time blocking union organizing campaigns under a change planned by a federal labor board, people familiar with the matter said.

The proposal, to be announced in coming days, would let workers form unions with majority approval of those voting, according to the people, who asked not to be identified discussing the plan. It would overturn a standard that requires support of most workers in a class, not just those who cast ballots.

The change would be a victory for the AFL-CIO, the largest U.S. labor federation. The group asked the National Mediation Board to overhaul the voting standard last month, saying it would be more democratic.

“It’s been our sincere hope that the National Mediation Board would look at our recommendations favorably,” Edward Wytkind, head of the AFL-CIO’s transportation trades department, said in an interview yesterday.

Its been tried time and again for over a decade. Other than when skywest was willing to keep the group at the top of the industry the first couple years of operation, Sapa has been a miserable failure. The very nature of Sapa and the fact they get funding from management to operate ensures it will never completely represent the everyday line pilot. Time to quit waisting energy pretending Sapa is the answer. Time to go another direction.
Well if SAPA is so horrible, why has ALPO never been voted in on the property? Looks like the majority prefers SAPA over ALPO.

The recent developments with firings and destruction of reasonable health-care options demonstrate the total lack of fair protocol due to the impotence of our pilot group. Everything that happens to us is an an ad hoc event made with little consideration to the lives of actual humans with actual needs. When times are rough we see the true nature of an organization..... If nothing more ALPA is protection for your CAREER and LIVELIHOOD. The meager dues would provide essential legal protection that we all need as pilots.

All very well said and agreed. The more pilots in a union, the stronger the union. In house unions are limited by their own numbers and resources.

ALPA is worthless to regional airlines..go to United if you want ALPA..or comair...or mesa..or any of the other long list of outstanding regionals who are greatly benefiting from ALPA..I think i'll vote NO again..

ALPA is worthless to regional airlines..go to United if you want ALPA..or comair...or mesa..or any of the other long list of outstanding regionals who are greatly benefiting from ALPA..I think i'll vote NO again..

Weren't you just b*tching about how your non-union company screwed you out of being paid for deicing operations? How many UAL or Comair pilots you think would put up with not getting paid for their services?

Weren't you just b*tching about how your non-union company screwed you out of being paid for deicing operations? How many UAL or Comair pilots you think would put up with not getting paid for their services?

He was... many here would rather complain, than give themselves a real contract and the ability to fix problems!

Well if SAPA is so horrible, why has ALPO never been voted in on the property? Looks like the majority prefers SAPA over ALPO.

Just a thought.

Perhaps many of the 900+ pilots that were hired DURING the union drive now realize that all is not roses and fluff like the company promised them it would be if they voted no.

SAPA is not horrible. However, SAPA is not an effective form of representation. That is the reality.

He was... many here would rather complain, than give themselves a real contract and the ability to fix problems!
Entitlement generation. Hows that quick upgrade workin' for ya? Music stopped and now you are bitter!
PBR

EH,
Must suck being 11 from the bottom of your seniority list, huh?

PBR

Latest resources

Back