Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For Those About to Vote/Not Vote ALPA At SkyWest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sir-

I suggest you get your head out of the sand and off the island. Acutally, no one repsresents you at Skywest. But ALPA in fact does effect your career... you've just chosen duct tape over critical thought and democracy.

When ALPA, on Capitol Hill, influences federal legislation that effects ALL Air Line pilots, you better believe that ALPA represents you. The problem is....you have chosen to...put your head in the sand...

The false consciousness is truely amazing....

false consciousness

–noun

1.a Marxist theory that people are unable to see things, esp. exploitation, oppression, and social relations, as they really are; the hypothesized inability of the human mind to develop a sophisticated awareness of how it is developed and shaped by circumstances.​

2.​

any belief or view that prevents a person from being able to understand the true nature of a situation.​

as an island person you are claiming to know about complex issues on the other side of the world...

Are there FFDO's at SKWY? Thank ALPA.

On line jumpseating after 9/11. Thank ALPA.

Is SKYW immune from BK? the recent push for BK reform to protect airline employees..thank ALPA.

The recent win to obligate the TSA to give airline workers dedicated and seperate airport access..thank ALPA.

Got integrity? Then reject this small sample of ALPA advances and see how you like flying jets..

Got integrity? then apply to only non ALPA, non union carriers for your career.

Explain the SWA factor... SWA makes unions partners in their success. So maybe its more than just ALPA... maybe its your management?
why thank you sir... I am here because alpa is not. should alpa somehow come on property- I may look elsewhere for employ- or just continue my side work. I have always been self employed and proud of it. I have done well. I am at skywest because I love flying. I dont intend on flying the jet- I prefer props. I intend to stay non union- or in house (SWA) thank you for challenging my integrity.

should i thank alpa for the internet too? oh no that was al gore

why thank you sir... I am here because alpa is not. should alpa somehow come on property- I may look elsewhere for employ- or just continue my side work. I have always been self employed and proud of it. I have done well. I am at skywest because I love flying. I dont intend on flying the jet- I prefer props. I intend to stay non union- or in house (SWA) thank you for challenging my integrity.

should i thank alpa for the internet too? oh no that was al gore

Wow, What a true representation of the ME/MINE generation.

Its one thing to be an individual. I truely believe in that.

But, your lack of willingness to open your eyes to basic hard facts, that help to allow you and others fly at SKYWEST is simply shameful.

I'd be willing to bet you scrolled right past the 120T post as soon as you saw it was going to inform you in a way you CHOOSE not to hear and see.

Apparently, a large portion of SKYWEST pilots cant handle facts?

Medeco

Probably, if the union gets in here it will be the worst place to be anyway.

It will be funny watching all those with ALPA stickers on their flight case peeling them off because management sees them as a target.

If management here is so wonderful, how is it possible that they would be so shortsighted as to attack and target employees instead of trying to work together to come to a mutually acceptable contract???

Wow, What a true representation of the ME/MINE generation.

Its one thing to be an individual. I truely believe in that.

But, your lack of willingness to open your eyes to basic hard facts, that help to allow you and others fly at SKYWEST is simply shameful.

I'd be willing to bet you scrolled right past the 120T post as soon as you saw it was going to inform you in a way you CHOOSE not to hear and see.

Apparently, a large portion of SKYWEST pilots cant handle facts?

Medeco
i see your point. i did read it though. I believe the trade off is not worth it. I dont see alpa doing much for ASA, mesa or other regionals. I have been at an alpa regional before. I am happy here- without alpa

why thank you sir... I am here because alpa is not. should alpa somehow come on property- I may look elsewhere for employ- or just continue my side work. I have always been self employed and proud of it. I have done well. I am at skywest because I love flying.

Lots of people love to fly. You know you can rent a cessna. Not all of us have "side work" or the time for it. For many of us this is our livelyhood and we want it to be the best it can be. If ALPA coming on property is a reason for you to leave....good riddance.

It doesn't matter what is said, 120T and the like, will never be happy. If alpa gets in, he will be pissed with the typical poor first contract developed. Then he/she will be pissed that it will be 10 years down the road to get another. There will always be something that pilots like 120T want to be totally pissed about and blame on others so as to take them away from the real problems of their personal lives.

But it comes down to the same for ever pilot at SkyWest, their own one vote.

Either vote for alpa or don't vote at all, simple.

You are so wrong about so many things! Many of us want to find a way to spend more time living our personal lives to the fullest(I have a great family and cherish every minute spent with them). We are tired of SAPA giving one concession after another without getting anything in return, and not really even trying to represent the pilot group anymore!

I have been here half a decade longer than you and find it sad and appalling that newhires flying a CRJ900(86 seat jet) don't make a whole lot more than I did when I was hired to fly a 19 seat turboprop 22years ago... can you think of one other place where employee productivity goes up by a factor of over 400%, and pay is actually less when corrected for inflation????

Everyone talks about the economics of a union. I haven't seen much talk about if you (God forbid) f*ck up something and ALPA saves your job.

CFIT must still be waiting for a script from SGU.

To get back to the meat of the subject though.
SAPA is ineffective. The only victory I've seen is the retraction of Mgt's pen stroke policy change on alchohol. Personally I think SGU just realized how much their mistake would fan representation flames and retracted it. Ok I'll give SAPA a little credit for pointing it out, but I think their true concern was job protection.

If there are any SAPA reps trolling here- you honestly wouldn't be in the position of defending yourselves if myself and others saw you stand up to SGU A L O T more often. Some might view ALPA as a necessary evil. As usual in the looming union drive we finally see percieved changes in QOL (sked+). If for no other reason- it takes a union drive to get you to do your elected job- I'll send a damn card in every 2 yrs.

My vote = NO, ALPA needs to fix thier own ship before boarding ours. (MESA, Trans States, Usairways, etc.). Please don't vote in a instant 2% pay cut.

Latest resources

Back