Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That thing just censored c'h'o'r'e's !
Funny.

When Lorenzo was doing his thing, if your family bought a ticket on CAL, what would you think? There are plenty of reasons, union and otherwise to morally reject walmart. My favorite way to vote in america is with my wallet. I take as much pride in being a conscientious spender as I do in being an informed and conscientious voter.

You may disagree with me on some issues, but hope you agree that who we patronize is an important vote in any capitalist system. I encourage you to look into wal-mart's practices and see if you want to support that. There are lots of big stores where you can combine your shopping c************************* and will only have to spend a few bucks more. It's worth it to me. You get to decide for yourself, that's true. But my family knows that when they buy airline tickets- it's not just about price- it's about employee QOL and corporate responsibility. No less than a dozen of them have used up their points on united and fly southwest domestically and a selection of international carriers abroad.

We ought to reward corporate responsibility and punish corporate corruption.

Nice post. I understand what your saying. However, some of us live in areas where there aren't many options. In addition, as a pilot with a family, I have to be both conscientious of how I spend my money and how I spend my time.

My wife spends five-forths of my paycheck anyways. There's not much left over for the Waltons.

As a former poolie... My bad, on the thread drift- good luck to you all. Right or wrong, I'm an optimist. But by all means, as time marches on, keep exploring other opportunities that you might like- and pursue them aggressively-(Delta) you just never know what the future will hold.

You don't have a job until you have a job. And you don't have a choice until you have a choice.

Take care

keep exploring other opportunities that you might like- and pursue them aggressively-(Delta) you just never know what the future will hold.

Are any of you at the bottom of the SWA seniority list considering leaving for one of the other carrier's that have announced hiring (Delta, Air Tran and Jet Blue)?

Thanks in advance.

Are any of you at the bottom of the SWA seniority list considering leaving for one of the other carrier's that have announced hiring (Delta, Air Tran and Jet Blue)?

Thanks in advance.

Not a chance!!

We are not perfect here at SWA, no one is, but we are absolutely different from everyone else. I have worked for several carriers and seen the good, bad, and ugly.

Long upgrades now due to economy and age 65 still has not put a damper on how I feel about working in this organization. It is true, being here is different from where you are coming from. It is not a party every night but it is an environment that one can appreciate. Keep in mind I am no kool aid drinker, not even close, but I have seen what is out there and am proud to be part of this airline.

Good luck to all the poolies and hopefully we see you on property soon. I will glad to buy you an adult beverage on an overnight!

Bigeasy

I don't think so. The only reason I could see that if someone "had" to fly a widebody like Delta has. I would think most people would have already made that decision by now.

We did have some in the last classes of '08 choose to come from Delta, but to each their own.

Waveflyer, don't worry. You were dead on with your post even if I do visit Wal-Mart on occasion. A true capital market would vote with its wallet and it would flush out the corrupt, immoral, and weak. We wouldn't need all the regulations and laws for any number of causes. Unfortunately, I see how time does not allow for a truly educated vote when it comes to spending money, or in some cases, some people are just dumb.

Trashcan, how many people do you think are going to bite on your question? I am betting it is in the low single digits, if not zero, based on what I have heard from my friends at SWA. Interesting question though. We'll keep swimming. I thought I was getting into a pool, not an ocean when I was told to tread. Good thing I like the water.

Thanks in advance.

You could certainly make a case for Delta. I'd be surprised if anyone actually left SWA for Air Tran or JetBlue, though.

Trashcan, how many people do you think are going to bite on your question? I am betting it is in the low single digits, if not zero, based on what I have heard from my friends at SWA. Interesting question though. We'll keep swimming. I thought I was getting into a pool, not an ocean when I was told to tread. Good thing I like the water.

Just curious. It's not a stretch to imagine that there are a couple ATL, MSP, DTW or even NYC commuters who've been stuck on reserve in OAK or LAS for the last 2 years.

Latest resources

Back