For SWA Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TZ
To get new hiring we need to use the excess in the system which as indicated is occurring. I agree, no new hiring in '10 but it bodes well for probable hiring in '11 if things continue in an upward momentum.

Just an example of the potential that is out here. In BOS we started with 10 flts and 1 gate. We have 2 gates now and 16 flts now. By Sept 10 SWA will have increased to 25 flts and 3 gates. SWA has access to 2 more gates right next door that could result in 50 flts total. Load factor upper 70%.....AE is shuting down their BOS-STL twice aday in Jul after SWA has been flying the same route for 2 months giving SWA exclusivity. By end of 3Q10STL will be within 10-15 flts of its peak prior to 9/11. SWA will have the entire C concourse in DEN (minus the one Delta won't give up) in 3Q10.

No 100% certain for '10 new hires but odds look good for sooner rathedr than later in '11.

Keep the faith poolies!!!

Just finished a three day trip and had 2 check airmen ride upfront. Both said that the training dept. has been asked when and how many clases they can handle and that as of now maybee two classes before the end of the year.

Just finished a three day trip and had 2 check airmen ride upfront. Both said that the training dept. has been asked when and how many clases they can handle and that as of now maybee two classes before the end of the year.

Dude, do you realize you are gonna disrupt the universe by all this kool-aid, glass is half full, the sky is not falling kind of talk?

SLC
:cool:

If true, this is great news. Good luck to the folks at SWA. Any glimmer of good news coming out of the airline job market is always welcome...

Dude, do you realize you are gonna disrupt the universe by all this kool-aid, glass is half full, the sky is not falling kind of talk?

SLC
:cool:

Tanker Clown will fix this positive trend in news! lol

I see SWA in San Juan, Santo Domingo, Mexico City, and Cabo within 18 months. There are just too many low costs leaving the lower 48 for them not to follow. Its a kin to leaving cash on the table.

As for destinations beyond the high frequency of the named above it will be interesting to see how they pull it off. Many Carribean destinations wont support more than 3 flights a day. There just isn't the traffic. Further the Carribean and leisure Mexico markets are low yields and often frequent flyer expenditures.

It will be interesting to see what the SWA map looks like in 2015.

I bid reserve in April again on purpose. I flew 3 that's right count em 3 days. They did not use me on my reserve blocks for three weeks in a row. It has been this way for a few months now. April was not the only time this has happened to me. I went back to a hardline for May to do some flying for a change. There is no way we need to hire with reserve utilization this low in some of the bases.

The Manager of pilot hiring was in my buddy's jump seat last month. He said NO classes for 2010 planned at this time. All subject to change of course but he was expecting nothing for a year. I want new hires here as much as anyone but seriously all information from the GO says it's not going to happen this year.

Where are you based? I need to go there. Out west I fly my you know what off.

Some of us don't want 100- 110 tfp a month. I personality like to average 85 - 90 tfp tops. Summer way less. :) Enjoy life it comes at you fast....

You and I think the same brother. Drinking beer and chilling on the lake with the family.

Latest resources

Back