• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For SWA Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[FONT=&quot]SWA would be a dream job to me. I have the 4-year and plenty of hours. How do I get in? Do I really need the 737 rating? I haven’t applied yet but it sounds like I need to get going on it.[/FONT]

"Who" you know will probably not get you through the interview, "to" the interview maybe. There are no legacies at SWA, this is not the 'Delta House' and Otter can't help you.

Please....you are very naive. AF guy with 20+ in with friends that are basically mgt pilots. Who do you think does the interviews? Is it Joe Blow off the line that surfs FI all the time? Is it a union rep? Or is it people picked by the company?

My friend buddy was a big wig at the union during that time got in tight with the company. I'm sure he can schedule my interview with one of his friends.

[FONT=&quot]SWA would be a dream job to me. I have the 4-year and plenty of hours. How do I get in? Do I really need the 737 rating? I haven’t applied yet but it sounds like I need to get going on it.[/FONT]

Applying increases your chances exponentially. occassionally it takes weeks. For most- years. Get the type.

But most importantly- be very very liberal politically. Herb is a democrat and you'll feel very isolated if you're conservative at all in your beliefs. Being liberal pretty much sums up our competitive advantage(!) hence the LUV machine!

;-)

While it is TRUE that Herb is and always has been a Democrat, you can't go into a pilot lounge at any base without Fox News blaring and a few guys yelling at the widescreen in agreement. If you're a liberal and you want to work here, best to keep it to yourself! ;-)

shootr

While it is TRUE that Herb is and always has been a Democrat, you can't go into a pilot lounge at any base without Fox News blaring and a few guys yelling at the widescreen in agreement. If you're a liberal and you want to work here, best to keep it to yourself! ;-)

shootr

Thats hilarious.

So in short the SWA pilot group is right wingers who scream at FOX in front of their flat screen Sony's at various crew lounges across the country.

Hunk it on up their bunky, lets get this pig in the air! YEEEEHAAAAAA....

Not exactly what I said (I said a few guys yelling). Of course I've exaggerated my observations but I do find the political dichotomy between Herb and our pilot group quite ironic, as much as we love him. A liberal captitalist and a conservative union. And it seems to work.

shootr

Last edited:
Not exactly what I said (I said a few guys yelling). Of course I've exaggerated my observations but I do find the political dichotomy between Herb and our pilot group quite ironic, as much as we love him. A liberal captitalist and a conservative union. And it seems to work.

shootr

It's akin to Texas politics...the Democrat/Republican mindset on their relationship to one another is for the most part different here in Texas. Although they [TXDem's/TXRep's] don't always agree on everything, most get along, are civil with one another and work together on most things that is in the best interest of the state.

We have all kinds here with many different views. I have flown with brain-washed people from both sides of the fence. It makes for a long three day. Most are smart enough to leave religion and politics at home.

BTW--Did you know Rick Perry is only the 5th Republican Gov. in the history of our state? We became a state in 1845. Only 5--Pease, Davis, Clements[twice], Bush, Perry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Governors_of_Texas
I am more conservative--but our state has Democrat roots mostly dating back to Civil war politics.

shootr

Wow- i actually started a worthy conversation. This is a pretty good observation shootr-

If ya'll couldn't tell- i was joking before.

So in short the SWA pilot group is right wingers who scream at FOX in front of their flat screen Sony's at various crew lounges across the country.

That there is funny...and soooooo true. I heard there's a guy in Vegas who changes the channel to Lifetime and then hides the remote and batteries separately. :laugh:

That there is funny...and soooooo true. I heard there's a guy in Vegas who changes the channel to Lifetime and then hides the remote and batteries separately. :laugh:

Better Lifetime than MSNBC. That would really create some havoc.:puke:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back