• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you know? No answer. Where's the lie B19?

American is the last remaining legacy carrier fischman to not declare bankrupcty.

It does not change the fact that American was hours away of going into bankruptcy when the unions decided it was best that they, rather than the judge, was going to deal with what would happen to their CBA and agreed to the concessions.

It also doesn't change the fact it was YEARS before DAL ever thought about bankrupcty, and it is well know that it was for the single reason DAL was the least unionized carrier that allowed it to stave off the bankruptcy the longest.

They also have become the best positioned legacy carrier even now for the exact same reason.

AMR also proved that "industry leading contracts" don't usually last, and none of them did.

So with that stated, want to place a bet on the first day that NJ managment approaches the union with the following:

• First talks of furloughs.
  • First talk of concessions.
  • Actual furloughs.
  • Actual concessions.
It's going to happen.. there is no hiding behind it. The massive turmoil is on the way, the train is coming and it ain't gonna turn around...

American is the last remaining legacy carrier fischman to not declare bankruptcy.

Hmmmm...... That seems to be in contradiction of what you stated earlier.

So did you lie, or were you ignorant?

I went ahead and fixed your spelling errors for you again. There is an icon that has "abc" with a check mark under it. If you hit that, it will fix your spelling errors. It is like pure magic.

Address the post...

Hmmmm...... That seems to be in contradiction of what you stated earlier.

So did you lie, or were you ignorant?

I went ahead and fixed your spelling errors for you again. There is an icon that has "abc" with a check mark under it. If you hit that, it will fix your spelling errors. It is like pure magic.

My exact statement was "all legacy carriers", right? I didn't single out American... so yes, it was an error on my part because I grouped them all together.

Until the union forced DAL into filing by lack of action, DAL was the other carrier that had never been forced into bankruptcy. As a matter of fact, unlike American, they had never even been close.

Now we have that settled. Address the rest of the post if you have the courage. The fact that it's well known within the industry that DAL held off the longest because they are the LEAST unionized and were able to adjust the fastest to market pressures. They also came out of bankruptcy the strongest.

American couldn't do that, thus the unions were forced to take concessions before the judge forced them.

With that stated, address the rest of the post, the part where all the other legacy carriers were either into bankruptcy or to the brink (i.e. American) a full 18 months or more before DAL.

I'm glad you could claim you were ignorant. Wisdom begins with 3 words: "I don't know". You appear to be improving. Good job!

How can you be "the least" unionized? You're either wet or you're not. You're either union or you are not. Delta is a union shop.

(Did you find the spell check icon?)

I'm glad you could claim you were ignorant. Wisdom begins with 3 words: "I don't know". You appear to be improving. Good job!

How can you be "the least" unionized? You're either wet or you're not. You're either union or you are not. Delta is a union shop.

(Did you find the spell check icon?)

Find me another legacy carrier with 2 or less unions on the property and then we'll classify them as the least unionized carrier for the industry experts. Until then, it's DAL and they held off the threat of bankruptcy the longest.

Companies go bankrupt because of piss poor management......not union intervention. In fact, the unions are what allow the employees to actully be able to eat. Management causes so much grief that im suprised that unions aren't required.

Companies go bankrupt because of piss poor management......not union intervention. In fact, the unions are what allow the employees to actully be able to eat. Management causes so much grief that im suprised that unions aren't required.

Yeah, it's 1930 all over again... pilots are treated like depression era coal miners every day.

yes that is true. I never hear of doctors or lawyers complaing of poor salaries and crappy work rules from thier hospital.

Management needs to stop destroying compaines that all the employees try so hard to be proud of.

It's really sad what management can do to a company, and it's criminal what they can do to their employees and the families.

outta be a law......

How much longer we gonna keep this going?

Last edited:
yes that is true. I never hear of doctors or lawyers complaing of poor salaries and crappy work rules from thier hospital.

Management needs to stop destroying compaines that all the employees try so hard to be proud of.

It's really sad what management can do to a company, and it's criminal what they can do to their employees and the families.

outta be a law......

How much longer we gonna keep this going?

You tell me... what the UAW did last night is going to destroy the american automobile industry as we know it. The UAW gets 20 bucks per hour per employee more than its counterparts here in the US.

It's no different for any other company. The unions will destroy that industry by sending it into bankruptcy if they don't wake up and smell the roses. They forced the airlines into bankruptcy and it looks like the big three automakers are going to be next.

The problem is management takes, takes, takes. That is an undisputable fact. It is in every quartely report that is [ublished. As soon as mangament starts to think of the big picture, things will turn around.

You don't have a leg to stand on now, with what happened at XO and CS.....non union shops that just ruined about 50 pilots lives.....

But at least management still gets paid, I can't understand how that can be legal.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back