• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For AIRTRAN AND SWA PILOTS ONLY!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I ask for is you to buy my beer after I show how to trade your 3 days to two days and make the same money for the month. LOL

I'll take you up on that. As long as they're $1 beers, of course.;)

I'll take you up on that. As long as they're $1 beers, of course.;)

of course dollar beers only. I will buy the shoots. Crap I remember the FA's buying me shots first year.lol

With all things being said, I think gary will grow the combine airline another 50%.

Difficult times are coming to this two companies, if this is approved there will be a lot of growing pains associated with this merger because if you think that there will be a 40 or 50% pay raise for the Air Tran guys just like that you should be working for Disney.

I think there will be, with or without SWAPA. The Feds still have to approve this merger, management will want to play nice to get speedy approval and little, if any divestiture of slots, the Airtran pilots are already in mediation, if they ask for parity, the mediator will view that as a good faith offer, if management doesn't accept, they'd be fools not to accept it since it would create heartburn in DC, the mediator would release them for a 30 day cooling off period and self help.

SWA needs a JCBA to get the synergies they want from this merger, otherwise it will tear the company apart, similar to LCC.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Airtran pilots got SWAPA + 1% and then demand better than category status.

The best thing SWAPA could do, is to try to copy the DAL/NWA model. Negotiate a transition agreement, negotiate a JCBA with pay parity and gains for everyone, negotiate some equity for everyone, negotiate a SLI process agreement to rapidly establish a fair and equitable integrated seniority list and focus on creating a successful merger and new airline with your fellow pilots.

You guys are so proud of 50 737's on order. SWA has a bunch on order too. They get them and kick a 300 out the back door. Once they have control of AT's orders I doubt it will change. Also SWA is wanting to convert our 700 orders to 800's. Which sounds great till you realise 3 800's equal 4 700's seat wise. That will slow down pilot hiring for sure. Plus it takes longer to turn the 800... more pax loading/unloading.

I think our company will firm up our soft raises over the next 2 years and keep one payscale for all 73 flying. They mite not even upgrade the 100 plus 300's they were thinking about and just park them all with new 700's/800's. Which to be honest is probally smart because I dont think oil is going to get any cheaper!

Welcome aboard guys! This is a good thing for sure. Just wanted to point out what could happen to these new orders. Hope you all get use to descending at 261 knots in the 700...

I was hired in one of the last classes at swa. Yes we have not grown. Gary did tell our union to get ready for us to buy some one. So we have not grown to save and buy Airtran. We had 3.8 billion in short hand cash and now have 2.4 because of the Airtran purchase. I wanted us to grow organic.

We as a company spent 70 mil to not furlough, this is huge to know that you will have a job and can still pay the bills. With that being said, your MEC will see are pay, scheduling flexibility(ELITT), vacation, are future retirements and management is better for the airtran pilot group. Not to forget our 3300 flights a day route structure and loyal customers, and don't forget the west coast.

So what is fair? What do you bring to SWA?

More important we bring a culture of taking care of each other.

FYI, there is no such thing as a loyal customer in the airline industry. They fly with you because you are cheap, not because you are good.

RESPECTFULLY, you actually may be close to that request anyway. It will be up to the arbitrators in the end. BUT REMEMBER MY BROTHER, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH ME ON FI, EVEN ON YOUR LBB LBB LBB 4 day trips.

Regardless, EACH ONE OF YOU IS FANTASTIC. EVERYONE OF YOU IS SPECIAL. If you have a chance tomorrow, try to be nice to someone if you can. If you see a hooker walking the street in the rain, offer her your jacket, and give her a rose. See ya!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I am pretty sure Gen Lee is trying to become an iconic Civil Rights Leader.

"I have a dream" (of an overnight in LBB!)

-Oh, and Gen-My car could use another wax. You last one was "the Bomb," but it just rained last weekend! I will be sure to get you a 6-pack of Fresca for your troubles. Just let me know which afternoon you will drop by, and I will be sure to give Tankerclown and Instructordude a ring! We really need to get together again-soon! Our last "boys night out" was a real hoot!!

We can play Hungry Hippos when the waxing is done! Nothing says "Fun" like Hungry Hippos and Fresca!

-Isn't it great being pals?!

Last edited:
Art

You should know what customer service is. Don't you provide this one on one with your customers at Flex? This is what are fine people do everyday. Would you call Avantair cheap because they are cheaper than Flex, NetJets, and CitationAir. The other post was just my rant and two cents. I am positive about the SWA/AT luv fest. Are we cheap yes, but we do provide great customer service. SWA and Airtran marriage will help shake up the whole industry in a good way.

Latest resources

Back