For AIRTRAN AND SWA PILOTS ONLY!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can assure you that it will not!

HELLOOOOO bestest Friends! RESPECTFULLY, it just won't be up to you. Thanks to the BOND/McCaskill bill, you can't staple anymore. The AT guys know this, and it would be foolish for them to accept any deal from SWAPA, and now that Gary Kelly let the merger out of the bag, it has to go forward. Wall ST likes it, and they also like clean mergers. It just makes more money for the Wall St bankers who handle the deal, and both managements will get successful merger bonuses if it goes well too.

So, you need to relax. CHILLAX MAN! PEACE AND LOVE MY BROTHERS! There is NOTHING you can do about any of this. SWAPA will NOT be running the show, arbitrators will be. If they follow any precedence, they will look at both of you, see if one is distressed financially, look what each brings to the table, and create the SLI. Just because one is bigger than the other, doesn't matter. AT and SWA both bring things to the table. There is no denying that, and that will be brought up at the hearings.

Regardless, ALL OF YOU ARE FANTASTIC PEOPLE, and even though many SWA FOs aren't feeling great right now, IT WILL ALL BE OK EVENTUALLY. TRUST ME MY BROTHERS! And, if you have time today, try to do something nice for someone, like singing outloud the song "We all need, Human touch!" to an over age 60 group of ladies playing cards. See ya!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Difficult times are coming to this two companies, if this is approved there will be a lot of growing pains associated with this merger because if you think that there will be a 40 or 50% pay raise for the Air Tran guys just like that you should be working for Disney.

It's interesting that the biggest nay-sayers on this thread are "lucktohaveajob" and "Dumb Pilot". Sorta like how dogs look like their owners, the screen names fit the personality I guess.

Difficult times are coming to this two companies, if this is approved there will be a lot of growing pains associated with this merger because if you think that there will be a 40 or 50% pay raise for the Air Tran guys just like that you should be working for Disney.

RESPECTFULLY, Mr Shogun Master in Japan and self professed Dumb pilot, I beg to differ. Do you really think there would be a B-Scale for certain pilots, even though they fly the same plane (737-700)? The 717s are about the same size as SWA's 737-500s also. When DL and NWA merged, the FNWA pilots were given a 30% raise in their per hour flight pay, a raise in perdiem, and better work rules, more bases to choose from, got to keep what was left of their pensions, and their furloughed pilots were given credit for time out on furlough (something they never had before, that gave some pilots year 7 pay when they initially thought they would get year 2 pay when they got back on line). The SLI integration was something decided by totally different people (3 arbitrators), and they assigned the seniority after testimony. Add to that, any FNWA pilot who was on smaller equipment (like a DC9) and got to bid to a widebody got an even larger pay increase. I have a feeling that the Airtan guys will get a huge raise, and that is good for everyone, especially Delta pilots when it comes to a new contract which is due shortly.

Regardless, ALL OF THOSE SWA AND AT GUYS ARE FANTASTIC, and they will enjoy their jobs eventually, even if it does take a little longer to upgrade for a certain group of them. If you have time today, please try to do something nice for someone or something, like telling your kid that he or she does not look like Mt Olympus, even though he/she has a huge whitehead on his/her cheek. See ya!

Bye Bye--General Lee

RESPECTFULLY, AT brings 40 738s to you sooner than if you could buy them yourselves. (would you like to FENCE those for the AT guys only? The arbitrators would probably do that for you if you want. 5 years?) They bring access to the busiest airport in the WORLD, and the largest city in the South. They bring more slots at LGA, and new ones at DCA. They give you total dominance at BWI and MDW. They bring INTL routes. And, they bring XM radio and some passengers that will pay a bit more for something better than coach. BUT WHO CARES MY BROTHERS????

Actually, they bring their contract period! The pilots of neither airline bring with them one airplane, not one landing slot, and not even an operating certificate. Beside their respective contracts all else is owned by their respective managment. All can be bought and sold as management sees fit.

Access to the busiest airport in the world? I didn't know airtran flew to Ohare!

Actually, they bring their contract period! The pilots of neither airline bring with them one airplane, not one landing slot, and not even an operating certificate. Beside their respective contracts all else is owned by their respective managment. All can be bought and sold as management sees fit.

Access to the busiest airport in the world? I didn't know airtran flew to Ohare!

Atlanta still the world's busiest airport, but Chicago is slipping

By, Ben Matzunbah USA TODAY

Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport remains the world's busiest, "but the mix of other airports near the top is changing," The Atlanta Journal Consitution reports. Those "changes" include a drop by Chicago O'Hare, the airport that for many years vied with Atlanta for the "world's busiest" title.

FOX5 Atlanta writes "boosted by a major expansion ahead of the 2008 Summer Olympic games, Beijing Capital International Airport leaped ahead of Chicago's O'Hare in total passenger traffic last year, Airports Council International announced Thursday." The Beijing airport reported a 16.8% jump in traffic for a total of 65.3 million during 2009. That helped it jump five places to the No. 3 spot, passing O'Hare, which reported an 8.8% decline in passengers for a total of 64.4 million in 2009.

In fact, Chicago Public Radio notes O'Hare "tumbled two spots," dropping "to No. 4, among he world's busiest airports." London's Heathrow Airport also now rates ahead of O'Hare, moving up to become the world's second busiest airport in terms of passengers for 2009.
"You know, it was a perfect storm for Chicago," Joe Schweiterman, a transportation expert with the Chaddick Institute for Metropolitan Development at DePaul University, says to Chicago Public Radio. "We have the weak U.S. Aviation market, and the fact that we're a two-hub operation at O'Hare ... And that led to a drop that's quite alarming," he adds.

O'Hare wasn't the only U.S. airport to tumble in the rankings. The Torrance Daily Breeze reports "Los Angeles International Airport was ranked as the seventh-busiest airport in the world in 2009, dropping one spot from a year earlier." Like Chicago, Beijing was one of the airports to leapfrog LAX.

"I think it's an indication of the incredible growth in Asian tourism and the post-Olympic tourism that Beijing has enjoyed," Michael Molina, deputy executive director of external affairs at LAX, tells the Daily Breeze about Beijing's jump to No. 3 from No. 8.
As for Chicago O'Hare, there was one silver line for it in the world airport rankings. Fox 5 notes "O'Hare still bests (Beijing) Capital by aircraft movements thanks to small regional jets and private planes."
Here's the complete top 10 list (by total passengers) for 2009, according to the Journal-Constitution: 1. Atlanta (87,993,451passengers; down 2.3%); 2. London Heathrow (66,037,578; down 1.5%); 3. Beijing Capital (65,329,851, up 16.8%); 4. Chicago O'Hare (64,397,891; down 8.8%); Tokyo Haneda (61,903,656; down 7.2%); Paris Charles de Gaulle (57,884,954; down 4.9%); Los Angeles (56,518,605; down 5.5%); 8. Dallas Fort/Worth (56,030,457; down 1.9%); Frankfurt (50,932,840; down 4.7%); and Denver (50,167,485; down 2.1%).

Posted Mar 19 2010 10:27AM

Regardless, I think ALL OF YOU ARE AWESOME. REALLY, I DO. And, if you can, try tonight to do special for someone, like give a thirsty child a sip of your Mountain Dew. See ya!

Bye Bye--General Lee

So we have not grown to save and buy Airtran.
Uh, that might seem logical to you, but it really isn't. SWA management knows that AirTran is a terribly understaffed airline that is currently hiring pilots. We will continue to hire another 160 pilots through mid 2011.

We had 3.8 billion in short hand cash and now have 2.4 because of the Airtran purchase.

Doesn't work that way, Chief. Much of the purchase is a stock swap, not cash, and AirTran has $500 million in the bank, so SWA really isn't decreasing their cash position by much at all.
.[/QUOTE]

What do we bring? Hmmmm, I dunno, just a profitable airline with $2 Bil in annual revenues, 155 airframes, 1800 pilots, international ops, $500 million cash, 10 years of profitability, 20 gates at the world's busiest airport.

This merger may actually help you by adding pilots who are junior to you and by adding new deliveries, not just replacements. In any event, we didn't pick you, and you didn't pick us, but here we are.

It's interesting that the biggest nay-sayers on this thread are "lucktohaveajob" and "Dumb Pilot". Sorta like how dogs look like their owners, the screen names fit the personality I guess.

I don't know about "lucktohaveajob" but "Dumb Pilot" is one of the brighter guys I have flown with. Even if he is from Wisconsin. Have you heard of a self-deprecating sense of humor? Why so sensitive about someone's opinion?

MTV. SCA in MSP.

Uh, that might seem logical to you, but it really isn't. SWA management knows that AirTran is a terribly understaffed airline that is currently hiring pilots. We will continue to hire another 160 pilots through mid 2011.

Doesn't work that way, Chief. Much of the purchase is a stock swap, not cash, and AirTran has $500 million in the bank, so SWA really isn't decreasing their cash position by much at all.

What do we bring? Hmmmm, I dunno, just a profitable airline with $2 Bil in annual revenues, 155 airframes, 1800 pilots, international ops, $500 million cash, 10 years of profitability, 20 gates at the world's busiest airport.

This merger may actually help you by adding pilots who are junior to you and by adding new deliveries, not just replacements. In any event, we didn't pick you, and you didn't pick us, but here we are.[/QUOTE]

Here on FI some one just said you guys are running avg 5 pilots per plane?

Yes I understand it is a stock swap, but that money will be used to grow the airline hopefully.

I think this Acquisition, which requires a merger by law might just help you and your family. All I ask for is you to buy my beer after I show how to trade your 3 days to two days and make the same money for the month. LOL

Latest resources

Back