Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FO/Flex how would you vote to integrate??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
um yeah, I guess thats why if you log on to flight aware options has twice as many airplanes in the sky at any given time. I guess thats why a trip to simuflight would reveal how far in the dark ages your 135 standards are. You wish to ride the coat tails of us and netjets hoping your new master will continue the match game. Ride over, I'm with chainring this has been an epic waste of time trying to educate you fools in what lies ahead. Good luck, vote no when the time comes and revisit this forum in a couple years, Happy holiday! I am glad your anti-union protagonist is so much further advanced than us schleps flying the line after a 4 hour simulator programming session.

No dog, once again you are wrong. Most the time flightaware shows considerably more Flex airplanes in the air than Flops. You not only have to look at LXJ but also BJS to get the true number. But you were not smart enough to figure that out were you Einstein. Try it over the next few days and prove me wrong. Once again, don't petition for single carrier and you get to keep your union.
Someone on the Flops side please educate me and tell me why we can't exist as 2 pilot groups.

So were back to that eh Einstein? Superior airframes, superior business model, superior aviator skills, superior training. I guess all that hubbub around simuflight about your 135 class must have been made up by a disgruntled flops pilot. There is no convincing you superior aviators about anything from here on out. Atleast the last boy scout was smart enough to figure out whats going on. Put your faith in Lord Ricci and Princess Deanna along with your 1 page employment agreement. Netjets paved the salary, Flight Options paved the work rules, and Flex Jet faltered. I am reminded about an A/C D/C song, who made who? Like I said, avoid the fight at all costs, we'll get the job done for you!

May I have the definition of a real 135 oral?

V1 know it all, Guess what? I hope your journey ahead fulfills all your canadian dreams. I routinely fly with self made millionaires. Please correct my spelling at any time as it may be lost in your kiss ass montreal translation suck ass speech. See you on the line dick head, assuming you pass a real 135 oral.

You've got to be the most idiotic person I've ever debated. Who could possibly ever take you serious? Especially after what you said you'd like to do to DW on a couch in Dallas? Everyone remember that comment? I have no connections to Canada and would be just as happy if I never went to Montreal again and I assure you that I've never kissed anyone's posterior to get where I'm at. And who would I be sucking up to on here anyway??? I ragged on your routinely incoherent posts because it just illustrated your ignorance and you never seem to let me down with each post. I actually look forward to meeting you guys one day and debating face to face as I've done three times in the past couple of weeks. One being one of your union reps and another little short feller who can't wait to get his hands on a CL300. Both had the talking points down but the little guy wasn't prepared for any further debate.

Seriously, let this part of the argument go. You hold onto it, trying to drive it into people's minds, just as any good hired union busting manager would do.

However, while you can't let the above go, you refuse to answer, respond, or acknowledge the items below.

Even including Avantair as part of this is, is the most absurd comparision that you could begin to make. This is about the farthest stretch anybody could try to make. You truly are management material, I just hope that suckers don't try to believe your stretched out lies.

Avantair Failure:

" Part of the problem was that the company seems to have ssimply not charged enough. In a letter to owners in June this year the company indicated its pricing was too low saying "Our business model assumed efficiencies that never materialized and a pricing schedule based on those efficiencies."

Operational Issues

"While finance and pricing was part of the problem, the issue that really caused the company to fail was operational. The company grounded its entire fleet for three weeks in the fall of 2012. According to the FAA this was due to "at least in part because of problems accurately tracking the time in service of life limited parts, and because of the questionable reliability of its maintenance record keeping system."
Overall this grounding meant customers couldn't access their aircraft for three weeks."

"But further problems in June caused the fleet to be grounded again and the company furloughed pilots and other employees. Rumors abound that the company only had a few airworthy aircraft, out of its 57 aircraft fleet. The FAA stated the grounding was due to "at least in part because of AvantAir's problems in accurately and reliably tracking the time in service of life limited parts, and problems in transferring accurate time in service records for parts "cannibalized" from some Piaggio P-180 aircraft to other Piaggio P-180 aircraft in AvantAir's fleet." This apparently led to owners and card holders facing delays, short-notice cancellations and flights that failed to materialize"

Read more: Avantair Bankruptcy & History - Jets & Planes

Hmmmm, didn't the IBT get NetJets the contract that in turn got you your pay that you currently have?
After that they decided they were big enough to self support an in-house and keep all their dues to their own.

So you are just gonna dodge this TWA??

Please educate us oh master on what dark ages we live in. Last time I checked we are also training under 135. Those rules are very outdated which is why we have an approved 121 training program we are about to introduce.

Do you know how many instructors at SF have been fired from FJ because they can't fly an airplane? Answer is, a lot.

You probably enjoy SF because you are never pushed or challenged.

How does it feel t be trained by someone who has never actually flown the airplane? Bet they do a great job telling you how it is should happen according to the book.

Please, please get me started about the differences in our training, you won't like the TRUTH.

So the Simi instructors actually work for FlexJet, that's interesting.

So were back to that eh Einstein? Superior airframes, superior business model, superior aviator skills, superior training. I guess all that hubbub around simuflight about your 135 class must have been made up by a disgruntled flops pilot. There is no convincing you superior aviators about anything from here on out. Atleast the last boy scout was smart enough to figure out whats going on. Put your faith in Lord Ricci and Princess Deanna along with your 1 page employment agreement. Netjets paved the salary, Flight Options paved the work rules, and Flex Jet faltered. I am reminded about an A/C D/C song, who made who? Like I said, avoid the fight at all costs, we'll get the job done for you!

Uhh, ok. You were using flightaware info to support your argument and I called you out on it. I don't know anything about us being superior in any way. And yes i will gladly admit Netjets helped me get 2 large raises. I don' t think Flops had anything to do with it. As far as our 135 training being inferior, thats a new one as I have not been on this website in a month. Is this the new attack on Flex pilots that we are not well trained? Please elaborate. By the way, I was told you guys do your 297s in the actual jet and not a simulator, is that true?

Yes Flops alternate doing our 297 rides in the aircraft and the Simulator. Once in each per year and the 299 ride in the aircraft.

So you are just gonna dodge this TWA??

So the Simi instructors actually work for FlexJet, that's interesting.

I didn't say that the IBT had anything to do with the failure of avantair. I just showed that the IBT doesn't represent the upper echelon of the industry.

Yes, all of our training (ground school, simulator and airplane) is conducted by FJ employees who actually fly the airplane. The only exception is the initial systems GS can be taught by Bombardier instructors.

The only training we do in the airplane is IOE. We of course do 299s in the plane, but there is no training associated with that, just a check.

You guys seem to know everything about FJ, how is it that you didn't know we had in house instructors. Heck, I figure you guys even know what I had for dinner last night (a chicken burrito), but I am sure you already knew that.

Yes Flops alternate doing our 297 rides in the aircraft and the Simulator. Once in each per year and the 299 ride in the aircraft.

I know you meant to say a 293/297 in the sim since you are required to have an annual 293 for every equipment you are qualified on.

We do 2 training events per year in the sim.

Do you give all your pilots a 297 in the aircraft or only if they match up with a check airman? I am not sure how you could document instrument currency if you do not.

Latest resources

Back