Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CapnVegetto said:
I'm with CRFLyPutt on this one.

I don't care how many stripes you have on your shoulder, an a$$hole is an a$$hole.
I'm just like him in the fact that I take pride that FO's enjoy flying with me. I'm the boss and I make the decisions, .

What he said! There's just no place for it especially in the cockpit. Things are busy enough without the added stress of dealing with some asshole you wouldn't piss on if he was on fire. And if he is on fire, lets just hope it's localized and stays on his side of the airplane. <<snicker>>

No one seems to have posted...

...a serious answer. Maybe it's there and I just glossed over it.

Anyway, there are a couple of responses that come pretty close to the right idea but they're too laced wth venom and vitriol (not to mention less than socially acceptable language) to be considered professionally practical.

What I will say is this - this is a job guys and a bit of a tricky one at that. What we do is hurl a spam can through the air at ridiculous speeds - with a bunch of unsuspecting members of the public along - just to add flavor to the experience - all while trying GUESS what they other guy's thinking.

The bottom line is be professional and get YOUR job done. Moreover, understand that as a professional it is incumbent upon you to FOCUS on that endeavor. Focusing on ANYTHING else is a threat to safety. If you don't like the other guy don't have a beer with him when it's Miller time but leave the BS in the hotel room when you check out.

Your other option is to sit there and do only what you are told, when you are told. Seems like the path of least resistance most of the time but I can assure you that the effort you devote to that level of discipline is better directed at making sure you remain a part of the full time effort you make not to let the other guy screw up.

I am all in favor of honesty with the other guy if you feel a good dressing down is in order but don't do it during the performance of your job - it's not the time or the place. It is often said that the captain sets the tone for the day but it is just as possible for any other crewmember to do the same. Keeping it professional is the right thing to do in this job. Being childish about it solves nothing and adds a threat that is largely unrecognized or undetected by those affected by it.

So you had to fly with a dork. Take two things from it - you survived because you were better than him, and now you'll know how NOT to act when it's your turn.

Very good post Dumbledore. I've only flwon with two Captains that are so anal and pain int he ass that they just made the job harder and stressful (one of them a bad pilot too). With one of them I almost lose it, but the only thing that kept me from doing it was that I'm still on probation and want to stay under the radar. But what you posted makes a lot of sense, this is a job and we should act like professionals, not like little kids.

TIGV said:
Man, this forum is either a $hithead magnet or boy did I get into the wrong career.

Putt-Z

Vaginetto

You two jokers need to get out the library and play some more Dungeons and Dragons, maybe get a paper route or something, come back when you actually fit those size tens and if you're looking for a good beating, I'm a disgruntled unit looking to releave some stress come on down to KC, let's tango.....

You're probably exactly the type of jackoff that Putt and myself are talking about. You can't stand to be wrong, and hate it even more when someone proves you wrong. Pilots are generally that type of personality. Hell, I might even like you if I met you in real life. The only difference between me and you is that there is no difference between "CapnVegetto" and "Mike", the guy in real life. What I say on this board is pretty much exactly how I am in the world........4 letter words and everything. I'm good at what I do, and I know it. I don't care if you're a 20,000 hour 747 captain, if you're acting like a f-ing dick smack, I'm going to tell you. If I'm acting like a jacka$$, I expect to be told so. I'm not a politician......I don't kiss a$$ and babies. I'm there to get a job done. I'm a "professional". That word gets tossed around on this board so much by people that have no f-ing clue what that means. Being a professional simply means one thing, doing the best job you can do despite the circumstances. Wearing a spiffy uniform doesn't make you a professional. Flying a big airplane doesn't make you a professional. Making $300K a year doesn't make you a professional. Only ONE THING DOES. Your ATTITUDE. Dumb a$$holes that are domineering, arrogant, and don't listen to their FO's are the furtherest thing from professional. I'm a lot more unprofessional in the respect that if someone pi$$es me off enough (which takes a lot, mind you), that they are going to get a serious tounge lashing with a lot of f-words laced in, and they are going to know EXACTLY what I think about them.

I can come off as an a$$hole here sometimes, but the examples I cite here are extreme cases. I've done it ONCE, in my 8 year flying career. You can whine all you want about it being unprofessional, but sometimes it's just necessary.....plain and simple.

CRFLyPutt said:
You say I handle the situation like a "high- school student," and in the next sentence you yourself boast about whipping MY a$$. You're a smart one LOL!!! QUOTE]

Listen, Einstein, maybe you should invest in a dictionary (with words with more than 4 letters) and look up sarcasm and irony. You might then see that I was not saying that I would ever stoop to physical threats or actions, regardless of my size or abilities. You say that professionalism is just one thing: attitude. That is a hoot coming from you. You’re a foul mouthed little punk and I’m really glad you’re not flying big planes. Now for the insult: Are you over or under 5’9”?

Ace

CapnVegetto said:
You're probably exactly the type of jackoff that Putt and myself are talking about. You can't stand to be wrong, and hate it even more when someone proves you wrong. Pilots are generally that type of personality. Hell, I might even like you if I met you in real life. The only difference between me and you is that there is no difference between "CapnVegetto" and "Mike", the guy in real life. What I say on this board is pretty much exactly how I am in the world........4 letter words and everything. I'm good at what I do, and I know it. I don't care if you're a 20,000 hour 747 captain, if you're acting like a f-ing dick smack, I'm going to tell you. If I'm acting like a jacka$$, I expect to be told so. I'm not a politician......I don't kiss a$$ and babies. I'm there to get a job done. I'm a "professional". That word gets tossed around on this board so much by people that have no f-ing clue what that means. Being a professional simply means one thing, doing the best job you can do despite the circumstances. Wearing a spiffy uniform doesn't make you a professional. Flying a big airplane doesn't make you a professional. Making $300K a year doesn't make you a professional. Only ONE THING DOES. Your ATTITUDE. Dumb a$$holes that are domineering, arrogant, and don't listen to their FO's are the furtherest thing from professional. I'm a lot more unprofessional in the respect that if someone pi$$es me off enough (which takes a lot, mind you), that they are going to get a serious tounge lashing with a lot of f-words laced in, and they are going to know EXACTLY what I think about them.

I can come off as an a$$hole here sometimes, but the examples I cite here are extreme cases. I've done it ONCE, in my 8 year flying career. You can whine all you want about it being unprofessional, but sometimes it's just necessary.....plain and simple.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Most of the time we all fly with people we generally get along with. It seems, at my company anyway, most if not all of the assholes have either weeded themselves out of a job or management has done it for them. I have a reputation at work for telling it like it is which in my opinion is good. Hell, I've even been in the face of the guy who started and owns our company. He got pissed, called me a pu$$y" and threatened to fire me because we got into a heated discussion one day. He was wrong about the way he handled a particular sitiuation and I didn't hesitate to tell him. "Hey, you asked" I said. I told him if he wanted a "Yes Man" I'm not the best candidate for that position. He later apologized, admitted he was wrong and we laughed it off. I DID offer the opportunity for him to step outside and prove his pu$$y theory anytime he thought he was up to it. He has't taken me up on it yet. Considering I'm a few inches taller and a few lbs heavier than him, I doubt he will.
Some have said guys like me and CapnVegetto may be a bit harsh or verbally abusive which they think is unprofessional. But keep in mind, the other guy went there first. I feel if you don't say anything and allow the a$$hole to get away or continue this behavior, you're just a bigger fool than he is and only inviting further conflict. Stop it while it's occuring. Trust me you'll be better off in the long run.

Ace-of-the-Base said:
CRFLyPutt said:
You say I handle the situation like a "high- school student," and in the next sentence you yourself boast about whipping MY a$$. You're a smart one LOL!!! QUOTE]

Listen, Einstein, maybe you should invest in a dictionary (with words with more than 4 letters) and look up sarcasm and irony. Keeping it simple for you stupid. You might then see that I was not saying that I would ever stoop to physical threats or actions, Now you're a liar. Your exact words were "I could whoop yo ass". Take your own advice, check YOUR dictionary for the words physical and threats. But anyway, I seriously doubt you'd do or even SAY anything if we were eye to eye. Some of us are screen name bad-asses who in reality wouldn't do squat. regardless of my size or abilities. Just hang onto that fantasy son. You say that professionalism is just one thing: attitude. I never said that but then comprehension and recall, I'm seeing, is not one of your strong points. You can't keep up with what you've said. That is a hoot coming from you. You’re a foul mouthed little punk What tipped ya? Only to a$$holes, check the mirror for reference. and I’m really glad you’re not flying big planes. Having been part owner in a small jet and selling it for a profit is nothing compared to you <<snicker>>. Now for the insult: Are you over or under 5’9”? Lets see, in two sentences you've used a size reference, stature and big airplanes. What's wrong son, the wife got a bigger slong on the side while you're out flying the "bigger" airplane? It's tough being short statured and ego sensitive huh? Judging from what I've read this may be a bit much for you, but read and try to comprehend what CapnV said about who you think you are because you fly something bigger. Hope that big airplane of yours has 2 Lavs. You're so full it you need both.

Infantile rhetoric

CRFLyPutt said:

'Ya know what, "son", you're right. I've blended you and the other dork on this thread (although, you're probably the same person).

As for threats, again, LOOK IT UP. If one say "I could whop 'yo a$$" they are NOT making a threat. For that to be a threat, one would have to say "I'm GOING to..." or "...if you do X, I'LL kick 'yo a$$".

Look it up, and look up insecure while you're at it. I sincerely doubt you've even thrown a punch in your adult life. Punk.

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
CRFLyPutt said:
'Ya know what, "son", you're right. I've blended you and the other dork on this thread (although, you're probably the same person).

As for threats, again, LOOK IT UP. If one say "I could whop 'yo a$$" they are NOT making a threat. For that to be a threat, one would have to say "I'm GOING to..." or "...if you do X, I'LL kick 'yo a$$".

Look it up, and look up insecure while you're at it. I sincerely doubt you've even thrown a punch in your adult life. Punk.

Ace

There's only one dork in this thread, and you're it. You're probably the type of person that would try to be nice to and 'rehabilitate' the guy that was breaking into your house in the middle of the night and stealing your stuff. Why don't you go off somewhere, put on your tie dyed t-shirt, drop some acid, and protest the extinction of some spotted owl on Alaskan oil land.

Have fun flying your GIV. Wow, you're so much more professional than me because you fly a G-whiz right? I'd be impressed except for the fact that I've already turned down a job in a G550. I don't want to be gone 25 days a month in frickin Asia and Europe. Believe it or not, I actually have a life outside of flying. I love my job, but I leave work at work. Only time I'm around planes is when I'm working. Other than that, I'm either hunting, fishing, golfing, drinking beer, or any combination of above events. I bet you can't talk about anything other than how neato mosquito your 'bigger' plane is. Kinda funny actually.

I've seen other people on this forum refer to you as an a$$. Now I know why.

Ace-of-the-Base said:
CRFLyPutt said:
Now he's a dork? darn son, you're not making any friends here are you Ace-of-Disgrace. LOL!!!

Lets just entertain this bull$$hit little tirade of yours and again show you why you're wrong. Lets imagine we some how out of sheer bad luck end up in the same FBO, at the same time. You stumble down the stairs of your "big" airplane with your co-pilot who's behind and flipping you the "bird" cause like the rest of us he thinks you're an a$$hole. You hang up your cell phone, you've tried to call the wife but for some reason she won't take your call or is out of pocket hint, hint. You walk in, look at me without ever knowing who I was and say, "I could whoop yo a$$!" Now, before you could get the last S out of your mouth you'd get a left eye full of right fist. Sorry if I didn't take the time to distinguish the words could, going to, or kick first.

Look it up, and look up insecure while you're at it. I sincerely doubt you've even thrown a punch in your adult life. Punk. You better look up a good prearranged funeral plan bitch. You're going to need it with that attitude.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back