• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying the Hajj

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you hand out earplugs...make sure to explain and demonstrate. Experience from two occasions.

-Jordanian Soldiers returning from Afghanistan
-Iraqi voters being shuttled to voting sites

Both thought earplugs looked like(and apparently tasted-since they didn't spit them right out) CHEWING GUM!

I love the one liners from people that have never even flown in the region. Point in case, the smelliest flight I have ever been on was from the USA to the Dominican Republic. Some Flights flying deportees to Africa can be bad and some to Dhaka, Bangladesh also. But for the most part I have never really had a problem with flights in the middle east.

Then again, I am a smoker, so my senses have been dulled.

I love the one liners from people that have never even flown in the region. Point in case, the smelliest flight I have ever been on was from the USA to the Dominican Republic. Some Flights flying deportees to Africa can be bad and some to Dhaka, Bangladesh also. But for the most part I have never really had a problem with flights in the middle east.

Then again, I am a smoker, so my senses have been dulled.

Your senses must have been dulled to have anything good to say about these clowns!

Generalizations are nice crj, they keep things simple don't they? Kind of like Fox News.

When actually interacting and meeting people from other countries and cultures one on one at a personal level, I rarely find I meet anyone that I truly dislike. That can be said even if I completely disagree with many things inside their countries.

The vast majority of people in any country worldwide, worry about feeding their families and ensuring a better life for their kids. It is the small vocal minority that try and push their religion and whacko views on people. It is politicians, rulers and nut jobs that start wars, not the guy working for a living to feed his family.

As for generalizations, some of the worst acting, rude and arrogant passengers I have ever met where ones that flew out of White Plains, NY. But, that is just what I have experienced.

Generalizations are nice crj, they keep things simple don't they? Kind of like Fox News.

When actually interacting and meeting people from other countries and cultures one on one at a personal level, I rarely find I meet anyone that I truly dislike. That can be said even if I completely disagree with many things inside their countries.

The vast majority of people in any country worldwide, worry about feeding their families and ensuring a better life for their kids. It is the small vocal minority that try and push their religion and whacko views on people. It is politicians, rulers and nut jobs that start wars, not the guy working for a living to feed his family.

As for generalizations, some of the worst acting, rude and arrogant passengers I have ever met where ones that flew out of White Plains, NY. But, that is just what I have experienced.

I could not agree more, i am always amazed how the media makes the rest of the world look like nut jobs. Then i walk around the street on the other side of the planet and everyone is warm and polite.

I wold also like to second the White Plains comment, what jerks!

Your senses must have been dulled to have anything good to say about these clowns!

Interesting observation that I've had is that pilots who fly internationally and see much of the world are much more cultured, appreciative, understanding, and less stereotypical in general.

Then you meet ignorant rednecks like these and your whole perception of pilots changes again.

A few handy Arabic phrases translated to English --

AKBAR KHALI-KILI HAFTIR LOFTAN.= Thank you for showing me your marvelous gun.

FEKR GABUL CARDAN DAVAT RAEH GUSH DIVAR.= I am delighted to accept your kind invitation to lie down on the floor with my arms above my head and my legs apart.

SHOMAEH FIKR TAMOMEH GEH GOFTEK BANDE.= I agree with everything you have ever said or thought in your life.

AUTO ARRAREGH DVATEMAN MAMO SEPAHEH-HAST.= It is exceptionally kind of you to allow me to travel in the trunk of your car.

FASHAL-EH TUPEHMAN NA DEGAT MANO GOFTAM CHEESHAYEH MOHEMA RAJEBEH KESHAVAREHMAN.= If you will do me the kindness of not harming my genital appendages I will gladly reciprocate by betraying my country in public.

KHREL JEPAHEH MANEH VA JAYEII AMRKAHEY.= I will tell you the names and addresses of many American spies travelling as reporters.

BALLI, BALLI, BALLI!= Whatever you say!

MATERNIER GHERMEZ AHLIEH, GORBAN.= The red blindfold would be lovely, excellency.

TIKEH NUNEH BA OB KHRELEH BEZORG VA KHRUBE GOYAST INO BERGERAM.= The water-soaked bread crumbs are delicious, thank you. I must have the recipe.

BA BODENEH SHEERELL TEEGZ.= Truly, I would rather be a hostage to your greatly esteemed self than to spend a fortnight upon the person of Cheryl Tiegs.

Latest resources

Back