Flying job on Long Island NY!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
capt_zman said:
Still not sure where the 50k number came from. Then again, I really don't care either.

I don't know either, but you yourself said the salary was on the low side. You seemed to indicate something G200 said was incorrect, and I was wondering what exactly it was ?

What he said was "former airline guys = cheap labor.", which in this case, is not correct. I don't know any of the FO's there, only the capts. and DO, and they seem to do fairly well, meaning well above 50k.

And if they are paying 50k to yank gear in a King Air, that's not bad money for an entry level gig, NY or not.

Sorry yes I ment 50K in the King Air, to start. People keep on asking me the starting pay and I really don't know but that is on the lower end average to start.

Z-man, no beef with you (or MachPuppy for thst matter). I was just stating that a couple years ago Talon was a fairly young charter company and wasn't paying much, which is typical. But AK was unrealistic with his $ and expecting to hire experienced (keyword) captains. Now I'm not saying that Talon doesn't have a wealth of experience now (I have no idea, I don't know anyone there). But back then I was given the impression that they were a bit thin (only 2500 hr regional types ;) ) and needed some people who could step in and get it done right away. In any case I'm glad to see they are doing well and that AK is taking care of the crews. It always makes for a happy place to work.
One last thing, if you're over over 35 and have kids, making less than 6figs on LI sucks.

To apply call the office and ask for Guenther the director of operations or the chief pilot Matt.
(631)753-8881 or fax your resume to (631)753-6681

capt_zman said:
You try and say something decent and it turns into living like a refugee????

I have a buddy there making pretty decent money as a beechjet captain. I also have a buddy flying the hawker and the g, making pretty good money as well. Not great, but anything under 300k is sub-par for G200 anyway.

Things have grown quite a bit over the past few years for AK. Like I said before, the DO and CP are great guys and have pushed hard on AK to increase wages and time off.
G200 is still pissed she's tending to her scabby knees when she was deep throating some grubby CP at 28. Meanwhile, she's probably married to a Continental FA who had a starting salary higher than she did when she was getting her CFI.

Machdog1 said:
To apply call the office and ask for Guenther the director of operations or the chief pilot Matt.
(631)753-8881 or fax your resume to (631)753-6681

they will love you for this :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back