• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying job on Long Island NY!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'll definitely fly alot. Salary is a tad on the low side, especially for NY. Owner is tough but a respectable guy, and CP and DO are both great guys. Overall, a good place to work with top notch equipment.

Low??????

capt_zman said:
You'll definitely fly alot. Salary is a tad on the low side, especially for NY. Owner is tough but a respectable guy, and CP and DO are both great guys. Overall, a good place to work with top notch equipment.

How low is the low side?? I met with AK a couple years ago (just Beechjets then) and I almost choked when he made the offer. Took us each about 30 seconds to see that we were light years apart on $'s. As I recall his offer was about 55% of what I was making at the time which meant that he would have to double his number to get real for me. (BTW my salary then was good but not near the top of the scale for corp/135 work in NY)
As I recall the DO at the time was a a corp pilot for someone in NJ. Is he still there? Seemed like a really nice guy.

New guy as DO former airline guy. Actually most of us a former airline guys. I guess you were asking for 6 figures off the back and yes that is alittle bit un-real.

Machdog1 said:
New guy as DO former airline guy. Actually most of us a former airline guys. I guess you were asking for 6 figures off the back and yes that is alittle bit un-real.

No its not a little bit un-real.

Maybe to ex-regional guys used to making $13/hr it sounds crazy...

former airline guys = cheap labor.

I dont care if you fly a beechjet, Ny is expensive. You will live like a refugee on 50K.

simply sounds very "entry level"

Come on G200, they're getting to fly a jet, and live in NYC. You should be willing to pay them for that expeirence! :rolleyes:

You try and say something decent and it turns into living like a refugee????

I have a buddy there making pretty decent money as a beechjet captain. I also have a buddy flying the hawker and the g, making pretty good money as well. Not great, but anything under 300k is sub-par for G200 anyway.

Things have grown quite a bit over the past few years for AK. Like I said before, the DO and CP are great guys and have pushed hard on AK to increase wages and time off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back