Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Strike ballots are being sent out !!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
90 percent returned the ballots and of those 90 percent voted YES

In message from the Union

First - a message from the union is not centered or reliable.
2nd - the 90% of returned ballots they speak of are from dues-paying union folks, which make up ~ 40% of the pilot group. Doesn't seem like a strike would happen with those kinds of numbers.

But I guess since I'm not a union supporter you would call my message un-centered and unreliable (as I know some of you will). But I am centered, it just doesn't look that way from deep within the union crotch which you people are looking out from.

Its like politics, If you're not right - you must be left and visa-versa. But that's not always the case. This is the stance that only the ones on the extreme edges take because they're so far out.

Fools.

Time to SCREW over FLOPS management. Stick it to them! What a bunch of idiots - this is a service business and you need to keep the front-line, customer facing employees happy. Simple as that.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!

2nd - the 90% of returned ballots they speak of are from dues-paying union folks, which make up ~ 40% of the pilot group. Doesn't seem like a strike would happen with those kinds of numbers.

But I guess since I'm not a union supporter you would call my message un-centered and unreliable (as I know some of you will). But I am centered, it just doesn't look that way from deep within the union crotch which you people are looking out from.

Its like politics, If you're not right - you must be left and visa-versa. But that's not always the case. This is the stance that only the ones on the extreme edges take because they're so far out.

Fools.
If you think we are only 40% of the Pilot group, you are not only a fool, but I really doubt you spend any time in our jets, or doing crew rot with our crews...you don't have a clue, on SO many levels.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if only 40% were MIGS and a strike happens, wouldn't those who cross, MIGS or not, clearly be scabs? Assuming that's the case, I'll bet the majority of ALL pilots won't cross the line to avoid that label.

Fools.

I think you are on to something Skanza. I'm not sure how many pilots we currently have, but I'll call it 400. If 40% are migs, thats 160 pilots. If 90% of them voted, thats 144 pilots. And 90% of them voted yes, thats 130 pilots. That means 170 are not in favor of this joke of union. Go ahead and strike guys, myself and 169 others are going to work. Not to mention the tons we have on furlough. Looks like we are the majority.

I think you are on to something Skanza. I'm not sure how many pilots we currently have, but I'll call it 400. If 40% are migs, thats 160 pilots. If 90% of them voted, thats 144 pilots. And 90% of them voted yes, thats 130 pilots. That means 170 are not in favor of this joke of union. Go ahead and strike guys, myself and 169 others are going to work. Not to mention the tons we have on furlough. Looks like we are the majority.[/QUOTE

I like your new math.

If you think we are only 40% of the Pilot group, you are not only a fool, but I really doubt you spend any time in our jets, or doing crew rot with our crews...you don't have a clue, on SO many levels.

The number of migs will never be known. There is no way the union would ever tell the real number because it is so low. It reminds me of when the Iraq Ministry of Information was saying US troops had not taken the airport and everthing was fine. In the mean time we were in complete control of it. The union is our Ministry of Mis-Information.

The number of migs will never be known. There is no way the union would ever tell the real number because it is so low. It reminds me of when the Iraq Ministry of Information was saying US troops had not taken the airport and everthing was fine. In the mean time we were in complete control of it. The union is our Ministry of Mis-Information.

Ha........I like that, mis-information. Maybe those numbers are toooo large. Who knows, not you that's for sure. Anyway at this point, if the 1108 walks..................They walk..............for the few that don't....SCAB FOREVER. is any job worth that rep.....I don't think so.
IMHO

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if only 40% were MIGS and a strike happens, wouldn't those who cross, MIGS or not, clearly be scabs? Assuming that's the case, I'll bet the majority of ALL pilots won't cross the line to avoid that label.

What Skanza and others may not realize is that those on furlough who were MIGs before being furloughed are eligible to vote. Everyone I keep in touch with who was furloughed supports a strike. We have over 200 on the street and I would guess about 75% were MIGs before the furlough.

If a strike happens all who cross will be scabs.

Latest resources

Back