Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops Randomly *terminating* Many Pilots !beware!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hopefully not much; they haven't made much sense or brought about any credibility. I imagine it's part of the F&H union busting package though, no specific amount per post, just some intern trying to impress the higher ups.

I wouldn't expect you to understand. Somebody like you needs a good layoff to get experience. Once you have that experience and taste the blood, it doesn't go away.

I've been laid off before at my last job, also the first company I ever worked as a professional pilot for ceased operations for a while and I found myself out of a job. Not sure what your point is.

Are you denying being associated with F&H? Sure didn't look like it in your last post.

Hey DA19, please tell me one, 1, of these 50 that is not a legit write up, just 1 thats all i'm asking

HOW TO PRE-FLIGHT A BEECHJET

1. Power lever gators (the rubber that keeps stuff from falling into the pedestal) needs to be intact not worn downing item
2. Bonding cables under the spoilerons
3. Top of brake calipers for leaks
4. Plastic conduits for wires for the main gear for fraying and damage
5. Hydraulic lines that go into the pressure switches below the reservoir (mx might try to get you to leave a rag in there for the next flight to check for drips. this is unsafe and illegal) don't even reach in to wipe them (I can't reach them anyway and I have slender long arms)
6. Missing rings/washers on the air stairs, or safety wire, safety wire is not per the BJ MX Manual
7. Nose wheel steering pin for a frayed cable (hazard as it might cut your fingers)(puncture wounds by sharp metal are especially prone to infection)
8. Pitot tubes for worn coating
9. Elevator horn coating (check with control lock installed for more thorough viewing)
10. Door seal channel for damage from door pins
11. Move all pax seats for free movement and locking (check for shoulder harness placards, including the lav seat)
12. All placards (exterior and interior) installed and readable
13. Michelins are installed instead of Goodyear’s, check sidewalls for wear as they are slightly wider and often rub while spinning down in the wells shortly after gear retraction
14. Seat belt extender placards for compatibility with seat belt systems with shoulder harnesses
15. O2 mask microphone function
16. Accumulator window too hazed to see through
17. Broken safety wire on emer gear/door/brake handle
18. Burned out fuel/hyd shutoff valve lights
19. Takeoff pitch trim horn doesn't sound if trim is SLIGHTLY out of the green
20. Takeoff pitch trim horn does sound if trim is BARELY within green.
21. Aileron trims run at different speeds.
22. One aileron trim hesitates partway through full range
23. O2 mask smoke clearing device broken
24. O2 mask weak pressure for inflating halo
25. O2 mask does not stay in cradle.
26. Smoke goggles too scratched/dirty to see safely.
27. Smoke goggles cover(s) missing/damaged.
28. Check for slippage on the engine inlet screws
29. Static and pitot drains are closed
30. Fire extinguisher properly charged
31. Cockpit trim indicator agrees w/ trim position marking on vertical stab
32. Cracked static wicks can be hard to spot without a gentle tug
33. Non-LED rear nav lights have a short lifespan
34. Drain holes under horizontal stab are clear
35. bonding cables under the spoilerons
36. Allowed, two degree's of roll per second when selecting flaps 10
37. Missing LED's on the clocks (No IFR)
38. Check the knife valve on the crapper. It is MEL-able, but a real live mechanic must come out and disconnect the electrical
39. Missing screws around the access panels ... found one plane missing 28!!!
40. Feed back from the hand held mikes. It’s a no no
41. Foil coated Fire retardant blankets in the main landing gear wells. Torn, punctured or missing the foil coating? This is a downing item according to QA. Not MDL’able
42. Engage the autopilot prior to doing the stall test. When the stick shaker comes on, it MUST also disconnect the autopilot.
43. Run your elevator trim full down and full up. If the needle pass the RED limit marks ... broke
44. On battery power only, run your rudder trim from full right to left or visa versa. The rudder must have full travel in less than 64 seconds per the mx manual
45. When selecting flaps 30, be sure they indicate 30, not 29 not 31 ... can you tell me what REF is for a flaps 29 or 31 approach
46. Big Dents under the door from stair malfunction. Must be measured with a caliper, That area is pressurized
47. Nose strut bottoming or bouncing on taxi, nose strut to low
48. Main door handle. If it lifts up without pressing the red button your done
49. Cabin door closed, the "Red" markings for the door pins must be "Completely Covered". This is listed in the AFM
50. All of this because, SAFETY, SERVICE, AND PROFITABILITY

I won't quote you B19. PLEASE tell me how the Union breaks airplanes??

I guess they send out their thugs with sledge hammers??:laugh:

I won't quote you B19. PLEASE tell me how the Union breaks airplanes??

I guess they send out their thugs with sledge hammers??:laugh:

The "union" breaks airplanes by supporting the radical interpretations of posts like dimelines to slow down operations in unstated work actions instead of little hammers.

And yes, I would call them thugs, as would the owners, when they arrived and realized their plane was needlessly broken because of a radical interpretation of a write-up that is not consistent with the AFM.

Funny how 19 has stated he works at a non-union airline ... Yet all his posts ... all of them -- are in the Fractional forum ... none in any of the airline forums.

And his membership started about the same time FLOPS got their union.

I don't even visit other forums with this sign on, much less post with it. Anything else is simply coincidence.

I've been laid off before at my last job, also the first company I ever worked as a professional pilot for ceased operations for a while and I found myself out of a job. Not sure what your point is.

Are you denying being associated with F&H? Sure didn't look like it in your last post.

Of course what you haven't stated is did you repeat the circumstance that caused the layoffs/furloughs?

Would you go down that road again?

Unions tout job security as one of their benefits, yet I've seen many pilot careers ruined because they will protect pay and benefits for the upper 2/3 and sacrifice the bottom third to keep them, not to mention all the other jobs that get lost as non-pilots to pay for the protected upper two thirds.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I've tasted the blood and will stay away from that hot stove.

Ford and Harrison isn't an airline. I work for a non-union airline.

Originally Posted by AeroBoy
Since B19 refuses to even acknowledge, let alone answer, my question then I will fill in the blanks for him.

B19 at one time was on the NetJets advisory board. So he's not quite the objective source he claims to be. Further, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he was involved in some consulting role with Flight Options right now. Note this is merely speculation since I don't have any proof of B19 having a relationship with Flight Options, at least not yet.

B19, care for a Coca-Cola or some Texaco fuel right about now?

Well let's see here B19, the first company that ceased operations was a small nonunion piston charter company and the owner wanted out, unfortunately he couldn't sell the company as quickly as he wanted so the company ceased operations while he looked for a new owner. The company is currently operating again and I wish them the best.

The second layoff was at a large unionized regional and was due to a reducting in flying by the parent company.

So what do you think, did I repeat the circumstances? If Flight Options shuts down or gets a contract, will you guys at F&H (errr, I mean, that nonunion large aircraft cargo operator.....) still be on their payroll?

Latest resources

Back