FLOPS new hire class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetwash

It looks like FLOPS hired 8 new pilots three weeks ago and fired 2 of them during their Indoc classes at CGF. Then another one quit!!! :eek:

So from 8 new hires they now have 5 and they didn't even go to Simuflite yet !!!!

What the hell is going on :confused:

Wouldn't be surprised if they are scraping so low in the barrel that pilots are failing background / resume checks

It is obvious that Flight Options will not be able to gather great applicants in the needed quantity until management proves it cares. Sub-standard pay, benefits, work conditions, and a confrontational attitude towards it's employees are what's up.
That is why the number of new hires is only at 5.
As for the two that got fired...well, even Flight Options has standards and these two did not meet them. Kudos to the decision makers who recognized this and, despite the company's desperation for crews, corrected their mistake of hiring these two prior to expensive training events. It is proof that management DOES at least recognize that not just ANY pilot with ratings and time will do.
The five that did come through appear to be high quality pilots with great dispositions and professionalism. I welcome them to our fleet and look forward to flying with each one of them.

As for the two that got fired...well, even Flight Options has standards and these two did not meet them. Kudos to the decision makers who recognized this and, despite the company's desperation for crews,

It is proof that management DOES at least recognize that not just ANY pilot with ratings and time will do.

You are kidding, right? :confused:

How could Flight Opts HR go through all the application they have on file then pick out the "8 best" applicants for interviews then offer them jobs and put them into Indoc before they discovered that they don't belong.

It looks like the HR people at FLOPS are totally incompetent that they couldn't figure that out in the preceding 2 months before Indoc.

I am not kidding.
Incompetent? It does seem so, doesn't it? From what I understand, it was the training dept, not the Human resources dept that pushed for letting them go.

I am not kidding.
Incompetent? It does seem so, doesn't it? From what I understand, it was the training dept, not the Human resources dept that pushed for letting them go.

The word I have is that one of the pilots fired made several statements in the presence of MS that our illustrious CEO did not care for. That's why the pilot was fired. At any rate, I would be careful granting kudos to management. After all there are all kinds of problems (for which management is responsible) inherent in a circumstance where 8 pilots are hired after a 4 month search and only 5 make the initial cut. Keep in mind the remaining pilots have not even been to Simuflite yet. I predict yet another unfortunate culling of the ranks of this new-hire class. I wish them luck, but with little or no jet time, I think it will be a stretch for some.

Met one of the aforementioned fire new hire pilots. Very affable left a commuter job to come to FLOPS. No reason given for the firing other than we didn't like your record. Why didn't they figure this out before? What is going on at FLOPS? Major reason for law suit!!!

It just goes to show you that MS doesn't like any BS from any FO in CGF, Just further proves his dislike for pilots. Not good for labor relations.

Met one of the aforementioned fire new hire pilots. Very affable left a commuter job to come to FLOPS. No reason given for the firing other than we didn't like your record. Why didn't they figure this out before? What is going on at FLOPS? Major reason for law suit!!!

Sounds like a "judgement" issue to me. How could this person leave even a regional job for FLOPS without understanding the "toxic" situation there? He was playing with fire - and sometimes it will come back to burn you. I feel for him and I hope he finds another job quickly (or return to his regional if they will take him back - it does happen if the regional is short).

People need to understand the context of the situation they are entering - ask a lot of questions and talk to many people. Go in with your eyes wide OPEN... There's actually a reason why the attrition rate is so high at FLOPS and they can't find "quality" pilots to join the ranks.

Last edited:
The word I have is that one of the pilots fired made several statements in the presence of MS that our illustrious CEO did not care for. That's why the pilot was fired.

doing bussiness like they in China and Russia I see...

I wonder what he said..

Latest resources

Back