• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Maintenance Sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skanza, I think most of the pilots are far more reasonable than the radical outlook you ascribe to them. To use your analogy--I do think they realize they can't crash the bus as they still need transportation, nor would they want to hurt the pet whose companionship means so much to them.

These days self-help books are quite popular. Many of the NJ pilots found Confessions of a Union Buster to be very instructive for their dealings with management. Likewise, DL and Fr8dog understand that the company won't offer carrots until the pilots have shown them that the stick approach will no longer provide results. To offer a metaphor of my own....;) NJW

Don't carry write ups
Don't fly fatigued
Don't fly hungry
Work at a safe pace
Don't take unmanageable risks
Your crew and passengers safety is NO. 1

In Summary, be a safe, professional pilot. This may upset some passengers and management types, but it is the only way to operate in contract negotiations or not. No matter what company you fly for, some pilots will lose sight of these objectives. There is no commercial flying worth risking your life, your crews life, or passengers life over (life flights excluded). In the long run, this will make a stronger company!

Well said, Torch!

We know your ego is small and fragile but how small and disfuctional is your d*&k that you have to have a picture of a gun to define yourself??????
Do guns scare you nerd? I personally like his avatar. Hel! I may have to get a pic of one of mine up there to make up for all my short comings (puns intended) also!

Oh ya,
skanza = FUD. Ignore and move on with the holiday cheer. Keep kicking them in the ding ding. It takes months of this to get their attention. But they will get the picture. You just have to be dead serious about putting the place out of business and having to find a new job. :uzi:
If you don't have the stomach for that, your quest for a profesional paycheck is lost. Good luck.

You have many words, I see. But, What about upsetting so many owners that they and thier wealthy friends leave FLOPS? Then, nobody has a "crappy job" to complain about. It's like: "This bus I'm driving doesn't handle well, so I'll crash it. That'll fix it!" -or- "My dog doesn't respond the way I'd like him to when I call him, so I'll shoot him. That'll show him!". I realize pay and working conditions are an issue, but shooting your foot off because your shoe doesn't quite fit doesn't make sense. (Sorry, I'll stop with the metaphors). I've been reading your posts, FR8DOG777 and I appreciate that you want to make FLOPS a great place, let's just not brake it in the process.
Peace.

The company does a good enough job on their own to pi$$ off the owners. I have never seen any crew do anything to do make any owners mad on purpose.

Just talk to any NJ pilot and they will explain the whole thing about being safe and not flying broke airplanes.

I don't ever remember the pilot ratings from owners fall below 90%+ at anytime last year. Other departments saw the ratings fall well below that though. The owners might have been upset at times, but they knew why! If you have a question about carrying a writeup next time, just ask the owner in the back if he/she is ok with it! Try and tell them that you are cutting corners to save the company some bucks!

I can hear it now :eek: "Not at my expense!"

FLOPS Owner

The company does a good enough job on their own to pi$$ off the owners. I have never seen any crew do anything to do make any owners mad on purpose.

Just talk to any NJ pilot and they will explain the whole thing about being safe and not flying broke airplanes.
I can tell you with certainty that the Pilots are not the problem at FLOPS.They are the best!

Latest resources

Back