Flightworks & FLOPs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyismyoffice

Rumors and some confirmation that Flightworks is investing some money to build a facility at CGF. Obviously some speculation about the potential relationship with FLOPs.

Anybody have any info especially from the Flightworks side?

Strong Coincidences . . .

I don't know anything concrete, but when you consider that their Pres./CEO came from Flops, and the similarities in the logos of both companies, you have to wonder.

For a peak at their logo, Click HERE.

Just like Flops is going to merge with XO?

No one ever said that was going to happen, but there was some speculation due to the fact that Flops CEO talked about an acquisition and specifically mentioned Challenger 300's. It was the pride/arrogance of a few XOJ pilots that said it could never happen. Unfortunately that same pride/arrogance probably caught some of them by surprise when 25% of the XOJ pilots were terminated. I feel bad for them, but I wonder how many are still blindly drinking the koolaid? . . . I would bet that there is some healthy scepticism for everything Mr. Touw says now!

For the record, I realize that it is easy to get caught up in the hype at a new company (especially when you have a charismatic CEO), and I don't mean any disrespect to any XOJ pilots. I truly wish you all the best.

For the record, I realize that it is easy to get caught up in the hype at a new company (especially when you have a charismatic CEO), and I don't mean any disrespect to any XOJ pilots. I truly wish you all the best.

We had/again have someone like that here at FLOPS. Not fooled the 2nd time around....

Consider the Runway Length at KCGF

Why would anyone that didn't already operate out of there, want to start up an operation to run airplanes in and out of KCGF?

I have no idea why they are moving in. Is it just to run a competing FBO? If its to base airplanes there, wouldn't make any sense unless it was connected to Options.

Isn't the longest runway at KCGF still around 5000 ft? East side of the lake winter weather?

Does not compute.

I would suggest to the Troops this is just another Fear Tactic to attempt to keep the Troops in line at Options during the Peak Travel Season.

Seems to have been the game plan all along. Motivate through Fear.

Freedom is Not Free

Last edited:
Why would anyone that didn't already operate out of there, want to start up an operation to run airplanes in and out of KCGF?

Someone who pulls companies out his butt that conveniently serve his other ones' purposes. Shell game like everything else.

I cannot WAIT to get out of this segment of the industry when the economy picks up again. Can. not. wait.

Say what you will about the airlines, but when a decent one hires again, I will beg to be saved from the daily bs outside of flying the freaking airplane.

Had Enough.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back