Flight Opts pilot arrested

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
batsky2000 said:
Flight Options seems to have the cream of the crop, I remember there being 2 other pilots who where arrested a few months back, they were smuggling in drugs from Germany while working for the ANG, and one of them was a captain for options

What does that say about the "cream of the crop" in the ANG?

Not Much, Being that I came from the military myself and left 13 years ago, we had similar types in the actve military as well

Although at face value it doesn't look good for this guy, we ought to keep in mind that he's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I find it very hard to believe that he would actually assault someone in a place like ATL, in uniform, and with someone he had been sitting next to and talking to for an entire airplane flight. I know this guy from my pre-FLOPS job. Although I didn't know him well enough to attest to his character, he seemed like a normal and likable guy. The ladies found him rather attractive (our gals in dispatch swooned over him, and my wife referred to him as "that cute guy who looks like the lead singer of Sugar Ray). It's possible, just possible, that he wound up sitting next to some psycho who's looking for attention. He may also be guilty of nothing more than atrociously poor judgement if he did, indeed, go with her to some isolated spot for a quickie. She may look older than 16, if that is her actual age. He supposedly said that whatever happened was consensual (implying that something did actually happen of a sexual nature). I've seen plenty of instances where initial press reports or other supposedly reliable sources are completely wrong.

If he did indeed force himself upon her against her will, then my heart goes out to her, and he deserves what he's got coming. Maybe, however, we ought to wait for more details to come out before rushing to judgement on this guy. It's a very serious charge, and a man's entire future is at stake. Imagine the nightmare if anyone of us were falsely accused of something like this.

A little off the subject but,talking about "cream of the crop" pilots at Options look at our new Higher Plane Award winner

El Chupacabra said:
His career? Consensual or not ... he is done. Doing a 16 year old ... in uniform at the ATL airport....

He is done.

IF he's guilty. Even if it were proven that the sex was consensual, and the girl was older that 16, it was in a public place, he was in uniform, and on company time. I wouldn't hesitate to fire him in a heartbeat. If it was rape and/or statutory rape, his career is the least of his worries. My point is there is the possibility, however slight, that nothing of the sort actually happened, and he is simply the victim of a troubled young mind. It's happened before.

I didn't know he was found guilty yet. Did they catch him in the act? Hell we had a owner accuse a pilot of sexual misconduct at NJA. Let's wait for all the facts in this case.

OK the press may have got it wrong but I think I read HE claims it was consensual.

"Sources told Channel 2 Action News that the man contends the encounter was consensual."
So if that is correct... yes he is done. He does not have to be found guilty. Claiming it was consensual is admission it happened.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back