• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there is anyone that is interested, He can be written at:

He can be reached at:

MICHAEL D. MATTHEWS
LE # 1216582
9157 Tara Blvd.
Jonesboro, GA. 30236

It's got to be addressed like this or it won't make it to him.

Donovan

talleyd said:
If there is anyone that is interested, He can be written at:

He can be reached at:

MICHAEL D. MATTHEWS
LE # 1216582
9157 Tara Blvd.
Jonesboro, GA. 30236

It's got to be addressed like this or it won't make it to him.

Donovan

Make sure you addresses it to Mrs. Michael D. Matthews-Washingon

Hey Talleyd next time you see him tell Michael a fellow pilot in Mexico send his regards and best of lucks to him, hope he getgs out of that place soon, really....

and the fact that im dating an 18 yr old girl and also a 17 yr girl have nothing to do with it.

talleyd said:
What the is that suppose to mean?

Maybe a reference to his cellmate Bubba Washington.

Very interesting thread. Doesn't seem advisable to post his account of things here, though, if that is in fact his account (talleyd).Don't know what the age of consent is there. But some states allow marriage below a certain age if there is parental consent (e.g., 16 or 17) and that can be lower than the age for general sexual consent in same state (e.g., 18). But, again, I don't know what the age is in Ga. Good to go with 18 (my state of residence) if you don't know for sure. The article that was posted at the outset said "assault"; didn't specify rape. So, could encompass sexual battery if the article is accurate. Other ramifications of a conviction, including a no contest plea (in my resident state, at least) would be mandatory registration as a sex offender (lifetime, I think?). And as far as the FAA is concerned, moral character issues if ATP certificated or if later seeks ATP.
The presumption of innocence applies, of course, in the criminal case, and he is entitled to an effective and competent defense. Private, if not eligible for public.
Will there be civil suit? That is also another possibility.
Interesting thread.
P.S. to luvu: I am familiar with homeowners coverage in various situations. I used it once for intentional actions of a minor at a house party, but included allegations of parental negligence in that case (negligent supervision, etc.) and have used it in general neg. cases and it will pick up in dog bite cases. Are you saying the homeowners would indemnify a claimant injured by a false report/false statement made by the home owner's child, without any other showing? In general, it is against public policy to insure criminal conduct--at least to the extent of punitive damages. I accept your statement that the parents are cilvilly liable, but it doesn't analytically follow that homeowners would cover for intentional/criminal conduct. Interesting. Do you know for sure if homeowners would cover without any other allegations? (I don't think you actually said it would cover. I think you said that his attorney would ask for a copy of the policy. But still interested if you know more about the coverage aspects.)

Last edited:
Is he still being held?

I'd argue that a frax pilot spends so much time at the airport that that IS his home. And "home" is where you $^%$.

Seriously, why hasn't his lawyer argued that the judge is prejudiced in this case? If it is true that the judge in the case thinks the pilot makes much more than he has stated, (without a showing of evidence to support the judge's assertations that Matt makes much more money than he sated) then the judge has already made a decision about the integrity of the pilot --after he was informed that the pilot does not make as much as the judge already believes.

Latest resources

Back