• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options Response To The Pilots Regarding Industrywide Pay Raises

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Aspen.... the professional way to respond to a post that you do not agree with would have been to exercise some tact.

PM me in the future and I will attempt to give you a few pointers.

Happy Turkey Day.

Aspen said:
I have watched your posts for a year now and bascially your an assh*le that whines about everything. The airlines are full of little dribbles like you. Why don't you just take a hike and quit as nothing will ever satisfy your gian ego, much less your career path. Sorry SOB for sure!

Happy thanksgiving Asspen

Aspen said:
Bob Tyler is a pretty darn good guy. Give him a chance and see if things don't get better. He left a very good job to come over there and if he had any faults in his past employment, it was that he actually cared about the pilots who worked for him. Having said that if a union is what you need to put your house in order, so be it, but it should not reflect on the person in this case.

Over the past few years I have seen many great pilot /managers try to make things better and in the end they all quit and found other jobs. That is why nobody is putting any trust in him. He will no doubt run into the same problems as the other and quit. You might say as he did to give him a chance, well trust is something that has to be earned. So until he does something to earn our trust he is just another of the management yes men.

clickclickboom said:
Actually you are incorrect. Do you think NJA is profitable? No

Sir, you are mis-informed. Get your facts straight, then post. NJA is profitable, and probably much more so then is posted in the Berkshire-Hathaway stock holders report. But if you are into some light reading, start there there and you will see that you are WRONG. Facts first, post second.

Aspen said:
Bob Tyler is a pretty darn good guy. Give him a chance and see if things don't get better. He left a very good job to come over there and if he had any faults in his past employment, it was that he actually cared about the pilots who worked for him. Having said that if a union is what you need to put your house in order, so be it, but it should not reflect on the person in this case.

Aspen,
I don't know you or know about you, all I can say is set down the kool-aid. The same thing was said about Bill Boisture when he came to NJA. It didn't take long for the pilots to figure out who's side he was on. It sure as heck wasn't the pilots. Boiusture came to Netjets from places that were suppose to be great jobs. Now the real story is why he left there is to come to NJA. Well we will just say that truth is stranger then ficton.....

Basically don't believe the hype..........

Now if you decide to reponsed to me like you did other professionals who told you the same exact thing I'm telling you. Then all I can say is that you are a litte defensive and need to look at why you are such. It is you, not us...........

Last edited:
A Bit About BRK Financials

Berkshire Hathaway is famous throughout the accounting / auditing industry for scrupulously adhering to the most stringent financial disclosure standards, and for doing it in the most transparent way possible. At the front of any BRK report, whether it be an annual 10K, a quarterly, etc, you will find a plain-English language letter from Buffet (actually written by him), laying out the finer points of what's contained in the pages and pages of little print at the back of the book.

Passage of the Sarbanes Oxley Act, makes the CEO of a company personally liable for criminal charges should any fraud be uncovered in SEC filings. CEOs actually sign, in pen, and submit the signed original to the SEC, the regulators.

Even now, though, Securities and Exchange Commission regulations permit lots of obscure and hard to trace footnotes and fudges that are absent from BRK financial reporting, which is done according the the most conservative Generally Agreed Accounting Standards (GAAP), and and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) recommentadions.

Specifically for this reason, NJA folks had a very good opportunity to look deep into the heart of the business and make an excellent case for long-deserved and future pay increases. I'm very glad they were successful ~ though no doubt more was deserved.

Company share price is a good indicator of investor confidence in a company's current and future financial condition as revealed by it's financial statements. Take a look at the current Berkshire share price, and its history of growth.

Flame if you want, but this is simply the facts.

And, no, I don't work for them, but make most of my income reading and commenting on SEC filings, both good and bad.

It's clear as mud

Perhaps you can define the difference between the "net income" they report and "operating income", defining it as BRK does (which would be difficult unless you work in BRK's financial reporting group), and carve out the part associated with FlightSafety form BRK's "Flight Services" discussion.

NetJets' financial performance as stated in the 10Q, and/or 10K footnotes is no clearer than any of the other three major fractionals. They lump NJ and FS into reporting as Flight Services deliberately for competitive reasons, and while many would argue markets tend to be rational over the long term in determining a share price, don't think that over the short term investors won't continue to overlook the drag NetJets places on Flight Services.

Number$Cruncher said:
Perhaps you can define the difference between the "net income" they report and "operating income", defining it as BRK does (which would be difficult unless you work in BRK's financial reporting group), and carve out the part associated with FlightSafety form BRK's "Flight Services" discussion.

NetJets' financial performance as stated in the 10Q, and/or 10K footnotes is no clearer than any of the other three major fractionals. They lump NJ and FS into reporting as Flight Services deliberately for competitive reasons, and while many would argue markets tend to be rational over the long term in determining a share price, don't think that over the short term investors won't continue to overlook the drag NetJets places on Flight Services.

Well said!

Latest resources

Back