• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight options new pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does the 16-2 schedule mean? 16 days on 2 weeks off?

Ouch. My head hurts just thinking about that.

Geronimo.......I'm with ya on that one. 16 straight days away from home just so they can fly rich people around? What the hell are they thinking? No job or employer is worth that.

What does the 16-2 schedule mean? 16 days on 2 weeks off?

Ouch. My head hurts just thinking about that.

No that just means your schedule is flexible. The max you can work is 8 on then mandatory 6 off. The company can move your days around every month as required. However, you know your schedule by the 15th of the month for the next month and that block won't change. Kinda like bidding a build up line in 121.

Geronimo.......I'm with ya on that one. 16 straight days away from home just so they can fly rich people around? What the hell are they thinking? No job or employer is worth that.

why do you guys that don't even work here just try to make up stuff you know nothing about?? It is a max of 18 day work period a month not all in a row....

Math 101

I think you guys are all smoking crack. The union just sent out an announcement that indicates the following total percent cumulative raises for Captains, over the full five year term of the contract. BJ, 35.23%, Hawker, 46.57%, Citation X, 55.88% and Legacy, 46.80%. Now I know, it’s only 10% up front and I’m not happy about that, but I’m a Hawker guy and a 46% raise over 5 years sounds pretty good to me. We also get retro pay, looks like about a $1200 lump sum check for me. On January 1st 2011 my total cumulative raise will be over 20%.

ITFL, lets see we lost our 401k match (6%) 2 years ago. So 6x2=12%, 12%-10%= 2% loss of pay in year 1. This is scheduled to continue for the life of the contract so 5x6%=30%. Furtrhermore, lets use 4% annual inflation or 4% increased cost of living 5x4%=20%
So 12%+30%+20%=62% loss. all I see is a net loss in 5years for everyone.

I am really excited about the "Future improvements to the 401K plan" They are as exciting as our new pay schedules for the Airbus 380!

16+2 is more likely going to go senior due to higher pay. They must notify you at least 1/2 month ahead of time your schedule.

16+2 will be forced onto the junior pilots.

Look at the 10 year Captain on 27.1 (A) and 27.1(C) charts on page 171 and 172 and tell me again that it will go senior. For that little amount of extra money per year and a lot more work.

Like I said before, the pilot morale and effort will remain the same as the last few years. The TA won't change any attitudes.

16+2 will be forced onto the junior pilots.

Look at the 10 year Captain on 27.1 (A) and 27.1(C) charts on page 171 and 172 and tell me again that it will go senior. For that little amount of extra money per year and a lot more work.

Like I said before, the pilot morale and effort will remain the same as the last few years. The TA won't change any attitudes

That is very true! Sad but true.

Wow, I'm starting to feel fortunate to be at Flexjet. Sounds like you guys got hosed on this one. You deserve at least what we get paid.

Flydog....I'll be the first to say I didn't have a clue what 16-2 meant. Thanks for clearing it up. It looked REALLY scary at first sight. Travel Management....they want their guys to work 2 weeks straight.

Latest resources

Back