• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options Job Offer/Decision

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am still trying to meet some actual FLOPS crews at the LAS Atlantic FBO to get some in-person opinions but, haven't had any luck yet.

You must not spend much time at Atlantic. Whenever I'm in LAS, there's at LEAST one other FlOps airplane / crew on the ramp. I spent quite a bit of time there myself this past week. Come up and introduce yourself. We're all nice guys and would be happy to chat with ya.

You must not spend much time at Atlantic. Whenever I'm in LAS, there's at LEAST one other FlOps airplane / crew on the ramp. I spent quite a bit of time there myself this past week. Come up and introduce yourself. We're all nice guys and would be happy to chat with ya.

I don't spend any time at Atlantic since I work on the Cargo side of KLAS. I did finally get to talk to two crews that didn't have anything positive to say either... The big mystery is what, if anything, will change with a contract... I know I should wait to see if they pass a good contract.

I will also keep trying to get good feedback from pilots passing through McCarran.

Thanks again!

Well, I finally got to talk to a Beechjet crew and this was the first positive feedback yet. They didn't make it out to be as bad as the posts on this board say it is... I also know that usually the most disgruntled employees are sometimes the most vocal... These guys said the schedules weren't always 14 hour days and that the new contract should be a good improvement regarding pay and work rules. This actually makes my decision process more difficult because everything is so tenuous at the moment. I know NetJets is obviously the preferred place to work but, I am sure it would be a lot tougher to get hired there with the avalanche of resumes they must have on file now. This is a real quandry....

Well, I like to think I am one of the employees that tries to do a good job but at the same time not be taken advantage of. Right now I feel the company is taking advantage of everyone by not paying a standard industry wage. This in turn is turning a lot of good people into disgruntled employees. I am not saying I am disgruntled, but I am just doing my job, nothing more, nothing less. At any company you will find the disgruntled ones and also the happy ones. I see you found the rare happy ones. Yes there was once a time when I would say 85% of the pilots were happy, but now I am afraid it is the other way around. I look forward to the time when we will go the other way.

I have stayed out of this thread not wanting to say anything negative because I see more than enough people are doing that and I try not to be negative but just offer honest opinions. But one thing I will say is that I think it would be inadvisable to leave a job making more money to take a job paying less with a schedule that in not as good as what you have. There is no point in it, unless you like to gamble thinking you may get in before the tide changes. But there is no guarantee. Even I am thinking of jumping ships to NJ. You should just wait in line for your shot at NJ. Because if you were to take the job for less money, then get a offer for NJ, you not only would have lost the money in pay but you would also have to pay off the training contract.

My opinion, don't take a job for less money with a worse quality of life.

Just my 1 cent.

Last edited:
Well, I finally got to talk to a Beechjet crew and this was the first positive feedback yet. They didn't make it out to be as bad as the posts on this board say it is... I also know that usually the most disgruntled employees are sometimes the most vocal... These guys said the schedules weren't always 14 hour days and that the new contract should be a good improvement regarding pay and work rules. This actually makes my decision process more difficult because everything is so tenuous at the moment. I know NetJets is obviously the preferred place to work but, I am sure it would be a lot tougher to get hired there with the avalanche of resumes they must have on file now. This is a real quandry....

Keep asking questions. Lots of questions. Chances are, you will be less than impressed with the answers and the frequency in which you hear them.

Last edited:

You would be choosing to go to the industry's worst employer. Just imagine the stress and regret you could feel once you see what else is out there. I wouldn't waste my time with FLOPS - spend that same time working on the apps for Netjets, Flexjet, Avantair and Citationshares if you really want to go the fractional route.

FLOPS is the abyss and it could be for a very, very long time.

The next time you talk to a FLOPS crew, see if they're wearing an IBT pin resembling this logo. The majority of FLOPS pilots are dues paying members in good standing with the IBT 1108. If they are not wearing the pin on their tie, ID, lapel etc., then chances are that they're Kool Aid drinkers and/or have their heads in the sand.

Keep in mind that if you're looking for what you want to hear, you'll eventually hear it. Try to keep any excitement from the smoke and mirrors job at your interview at bay and stay objective.

Last edited:
It still sounds pretty bleak... I guess I always look for the upside to any job. I really hope you all get the contract you deserve but, will that be enough to repair the damage done to morale already? I also know management can be vindictive after unions win contracts...

I actually doubt that Netjets is a viable option for me. That is why I kind of thought of this as maybe my best last chance to fly corporate jets. NJ didn't hire a fellow pilot here that applied a while ago.

That Beechjet cockpit is pretty small compared to the roomy Caravan too! It could be a long time before upgrade to a bigger plane in that cramped seat... I doubt I would ever see the inside of the Hawker 800, Citation X or the Legacy...much less the Phenom 300...unless of course Everyone bails and the upgrades increase exponentially! Hard to figure out if there is a potential "Wave" or if I would be jumping into a "Riptide". I have always wanted to surf the Banzai Pipeline but, have never been foolish enough to try it yet!

Common sence

It still sounds pretty bleak... I guess I always look for the upside to any job. I really hope you all get the contract you deserve but, will that be enough to repair the damage done to morale already? I also know management can be vindictive after unions win contracts...

I actually doubt that Netjets is a viable option for me. That is why I kind of thought of this as maybe my best last chance to fly corporate jets. NJ didn't hire a fellow pilot here that applied a while ago.

That Beechjet cockpit is pretty small compared to the roomy Caravan too! It could be a long time before upgrade to a bigger plane in that cramped seat... I doubt I would ever see the inside of the Hawker 800, Citation X or the Legacy...much less the Phenom 300...unless of course Everyone bails and the upgrades increase exponentially! Hard to figure out if there is a potential "Wave" or if I would be jumping into a "Riptide". I have always wanted to surf the Banzai Pipeline but, have never been foolish enough to try it yet!

Dude just use good common since. You may see Floptions as your only opportunity or the easiest way to move into jets but at what cost. If all you want is a type and a little time in a jet and you don't care about how $hitty the conditions are while doing it maybe it would be the deal for you. Personally I think as others have said here you should concentrate you efforts at the other fractional. They are going to be losing pilots to the pay and benefits a NJ just as Floptions and looking for pilots to replace them. The pay benefits and working conditions a Floptions are the worst in the industry and will be until we have a contract. Floptions is run by a management that seems bent on fostering a $hitty relationship between the pilots and management. Until Floptions management changes either voluntarily or by force this will not be a good place to hang your employment hat.

Spend more time at Atlantic LAS you will find fare more pilot that have the views you have seen on this thread then you will the pilots that think all is good.

Not sure why you would say that? Won't know if you don't try. Granted, right now everyone wants to go to NJ and it will be the hardest fractional to get on with. I'm not really a 'complainer' and I will tell you that you are getting the straight scoop. Unless you are low time looking for your first type rating and some jet time or a high time social misfit who can't get a job anywhere else - you can do better.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back