• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options Job Offer/Decision

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They kind of alluded to maybe a 5 year upgrade time !

Go to LAS and talk to the Beechjet pilots and ask the FO's how many years they worked at Flt Opts and how much longer before they can bid on a Captain slot.

I know of many 6 and 7 year FO's with no hope of an upgrade for another 2 or 3 years if at all!!!!
Now put yourself at the bottom of the list.

As for the health insurance the company reasoning was that since the pilot was not able to work a certain # of days ( due to kemo) he was no longer considered a full time employee and was not entitled to health insurance from the company. So they kicked him off.
Believe it or not it is not illegal for them to do that just immoral.

The Health Insurance/ Cancer Story is 100% accurate

Once you run out of your Vacation Time, you can go on Short Term Disability, then APPLY for long term disability after the short term ends at 90 days.

But there is no obligation for them to continue paying your Health Insurance premium portion they pay, after 120 days. That's when your protection under the Family and Medical Leave Act ends.

So the company, being Self Insured, pulls their contribution to your medical coverage, hoping you cannot afford the whole payment (about $1100 per month for an Options Pilot with a family when the company withdrawls its share of the contribution), so they can drop you from a policy which THEY Underwrite!

The policy at Options is administered by United Healthcare under Contract to Flight Options, but Flight Options gets all the Bills (Self Insured).

Can you see how unethical this is? One of our Pilots gets a serious, life threatening illness, and Options Management tries to bleed him dry, hoping he won't be able to afford 100% of the premium, so they can stop paying the bills.

Anyone looking for the true face of Flight Options management need only read this Post again. Its that bad.

Freedom is not Free.

Caution Gentlemen

Rockwings may be exactly who he says he is, or he could be another alter ego of our Uncle Bob (B19).

Be very careful about providing contact info to this guy for advice, even contained within a PM. You might not like the results if you discover he is not who he claims to be.

Freedom is not Free.

I am not sure who Bob is but, I am certainly who I say I am and quite sincere. I was really ready to accept the job offer until reading these posts and replies. I can't tell you how grateful I am for all the candid advice and helping me avoid a miserable mistake. Sorry to hear that you have to be paranoid on this board...

Perhaps one of the most ridiculous things I have seen posted on Flight Info ever...

Check your PMs.........

Not sure but, think they meant that the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4333 per month / 5 year F.O. pay is equal to 1st year Captain pay on the Beechjet....Still not great after 5 years![/FONT]

Even though it has been the case up to now and for some time to come, I might have to disagree with the long upgrade times. There is currently a mass exodus from FLOPS (including 9 year Legacy Captains). Unless the contract is complete in the next year, I believe the upgrade time will drop significantly in the couple of years. I'm still advising to stay away. After all, bottom feeder regionals have quick upgrades but, there is a good reason for it.

BTW; When I make disparaging comments about FLOPS or bottom feeder airlines, I'm not talking about the pilots (far from it), just management.

They kind of alluded to maybe a 5 year upgrade time but, said that SIC pay would match Captain pay after 5 years.

I was there 5 years. No upgrade in sight. Also whenever my fairy tale upgrade would have showed it would have just been a title and responsibility change thats it. also it would lock me into the same pay I was already at for another year I believe resulting in a (you guessed it) pay cut to upgrade. Some of the best people I have met in my career are stuck there and I wish them the best. But I also have to admit, that is the worst job I have ever had.

Latest resources

Back