Flight Options Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

It's amazing to me that in today's pilot shortage type of hiring situation, that Flt Options wouldn't do home basing for their new hires. You think they'd learn from NetJets.

cliff
LRD

You can jump on me all you want, but I am going to throw an interesting theory to all of this.
Being the latest rumor is that Embraer is looking into buying us. I find it really interesting that with this so called hush hush order of the 300's and all of a sudden we are changing our logo, I am thinking something is brewing.

Hi!

It's amazing to me that in today's pilot shortage type of hiring situation, that Flt Options wouldn't do home basing for their new hires. You think they'd learn from NetJets.

cliff
LRD
What would they learn from Netjets?
Netjets gave HBA to all employees before the CBA, any newhire is limited to the 5 domiciles.

Hi!

You would think they would see that it wasn't working at NetJets, and that they would keep home basing.

cliff
LRD

Training Contract!

I cant believe that nobody has mentioned the training contract! Oh and after you are a six year Beechjet first Officer and want to go the right seat of the Hawker you get to sign a new training contract along with your frozen salary with your newly assigned start date... the start date will be after you get through IOE. When your salary increase finally does come around it will be the month AFTER your new start date. You will get a check two weeks after that.

You can jump on me all you want, but I am going to throw an interesting theory to all of this.
Being the latest rumor is that Embraer is looking into buying us. I find it really interesting that with this so called hush hush order of the 300's and all of a sudden we are changing our logo, I am thinking something is brewing.

Something's brewing alright...like half a case of Budweiser and a plate of hotwings in my belly overnight...I'm just afraid of what might come out.

We talk about trainings contracts a lot here. This is such a great example. If Company X tells its own pilots that they have to sign a contract to change equipment (or seat). Pilots who are already unionized and somewhat hostile. And those pilots can't band together enough to refuse to sign the contracts, then what possible complaint is there for Joe Navajo seeking a Lear job?

I don't know if that post was true, but if it is, then this industry can expect training contracts to become the standard, longer contracts (3 years+), and contracts that are required for upgrades, equipment changes, etc.

Question: What would happen if all the pilots in Company X refused to sign contracts?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back